Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
paradox

I really suck at this sort of thing...

As stated in the title, I'm not very good at introductions. I usually can't describe myself very well, and often times I share some random shit that no one cares about and make myself into a total idiot; speaking of which, I tend to be pretty stupid at times (just a warning so that you're not surprised when you witness it for yourself).

...Anyways.

I'm under the age of eighteen. I live in Minnesota, and no, I do not have the accent. I find it really obnoxious, no offense to any Minnesotans that may be reading this. I consider myself a "baby bat," because I'm very new to the Goth scene: I'm very interested in the subculture and I have been researching it for a while, but again, I'm pretty new 'round here, so if you have any helpful or important information you think I should know, please share! (I'm very willing to learn about things I love. <3)

My parents are very strong Catholics. In fact, I'm pretty sure every soul I'm biologically related to is Catholic, or at least practices some form of Christianity. I do not consider myself Catholic/Christian, nor do I consider myself a member of any organized religion (not even Atheism, if that makes any sense whatsoever). For the time being, I've stepped back from any common opinion including religion & politics and I'm just trying to figure things out for myself; whether that means belonging to a particular category in the future or not, I honestly don't give a rat's ass. If you have any questions about that, I'll be glad to answer, or at least try; I'm still asking those same questions myself.

As for interests, that's exceptionally simple: ART. Art is my life. My favorite types are painting, drawing, photography, writing, poetry, acting, and music. I'm pretty sure there's nothing better than art. Except cats. But art and cats are equal in my opinion, so that doesn't count. Anyways, a few last details on this topic: My favorite genres of music are industrial, metal, alternative, Goth rock, and some rap (for instance, if Hollywood Undead can be considered rap, they're one of my favorite bands -- otherwise, if not, I suppose Tech N9ne has one or two good songs). My favorite artists include Marilyn Manson, Tool, Saliva, Evanescance, Get Scared, My Darkest Days, Flyleaf, Black Veil Brides, Deathstars, Red, Depeche Mode, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Dir En Grey, Metallica, Megadeth, Fuel, Breaking Benjamin, Disciple, Seether, Ratatat, Tantric, Saving Abel, Rob Zombie, Memphis May Fire, Alter Bridge, Shaman's Harvest, Linkin Park, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Muse, James Durbin, Otep, Oingo Boingo, Nickelback, Bullet For My Valentine, Bush, Hollywood Undead, Limp Bizkit, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rammstein, and Demon Hunter. Don't call me a "poser" just because the original Goth and post-punk bands aren't exactly my taste, that doesn't make my soul/heart/mind/allthatshit any less Goth.

I am an artist: I usually just draw, although I'm planning on learning guitar and getting into photography and painting. I've received a few positive comments on my singing, so I suppose I do that too, although I'll never sing in front of someone else for entertainment purposes. Back to the drawing thing, I have two styles, or rather, collections. Sometimes I draw birds and a few other animals, and sometimes I draw... whatever the hell you can consider my darker art. For an example of this, one time I drew a portrait-type piece that features a skull wearing a top hat, another time I drew a sewn heart with a demon's tail wrapped around it, blah blah blah... What would consider that, "dark abstract?"

I'm a writer. I dabble in poetry, but my primary "talent," if one wishes to call it that, is in the area of short stories. My older sister and I have created a comic book series so often times you will find me writing story boards for that, but I have to be in a particular mood to do so. I've written a lot of fan fiction, but those don't really count because that was several years ago and it looked like... a foreign monkey wrote it. Or something. Whatever qualifies as terrible literature. No offense to monkeys.

Wow, I just noticed how long I rambled. I apologize if I made your eyes bleed. Unless you like pain... Then... You're welcome. ^_^ By the way, if you actually read all of that, you deserve a gold star. But I don't have one to give you, so you get nothing, haha.

Last edited by paradox; 06-06-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Typo
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
TheAlphaCorvus

Hi I'm kinda new here too and I love art,acting and music-if you like forms of rap try Kmfdm they might be in your taste however they count as industrial goth but they are pretty good.
TheAlphaCorvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome, your intro is the most interesting I have read of late! We probably have some same songs on our playlists. Look forward to reading your posts here.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
paradox

@TheAlphaCorvus: Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'll definitely check them out -- right now, as a matter of fact. I love your avatar, by the way. <3

@HumanePain: Thank you! I look forward to finding the things we have in common.
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote