Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #26
Andrias

Other than the link I posted, this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3123163.html

Figures, it's coming from republicans, that explains the eager blood-lust, and the un-reliability of the information.

And of course our good friends at WBC are getting in on the action before too long:

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...st-church-says

By this point their presence is expected at any major tragedy nowadays, though. Not really shocking anymore, GET A NEW GIMMICK GUYS! ><
Andrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #27
Saya

Well luckily idiot Republican Senators don't really get a say in that. They admit they're just assuming they have ties to terrorist organizations. But as far as we know, they aren't.

Someone on another forum pointed out how badly they had planned it, they were going to rob the 7-11 for plane tickets instead of arranging that before the attack, they had to hijack the car because they didn't bother to fix theirs before the attack...Most terrorist groups are at least pretty organized. Where is their funding? Their plans?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #28
AshleyO

Yeah. I didn't think it was a terrorist attack. Those don't target shit like a marathon. There's always a reason, a political one that makes it a terrorist attack. Terrorists have bigger fish to fry.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
Jonathan

"Preliminary interviews with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev indicate the two brothers fit the classification of self-radicalized jihadists, the source said. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, wounded and held in a Boston hospital, said his brother wanted to defend Islam from attack, according to the source." CNN, so granted the source could be a unicorn...

You don't need to be part of an organization or have financial backing or training from one to be a terrorist. No group funded Tim McVeigh.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #30
Murder.Of.Crows

I thought he had a severe throat injury and was incapable of speaking?

Also, i thought they weren't exactly devout muslims. Only going to mosque once in awhile. Not that Islam is a direct link to terroism. Or any link really... actually wgat does Islam have anything to do with this?

McVeigh was making an anti military statement. Actually, i think he stated it as revenge. I'm not even sure if that should be considered a terroist attack either. What about the una bomber? Is he consideted a terroist? Because honestly i may be confused on the definition of the word.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #31
Jonathan

"Wrote" more likely than "spoke".

I'm not an Islamic scholar, but I like to believe that murdering and maiming people is against the religion. Much like murdering and maiming people is against Christianity but you still have whackjobs targeting abortion clinics. I wouldn't attribute this sort of thing as a feature of the religion itself so much as a dysfunction of the practitioner.

Terrorist / terrorism isn't a super useful or precise term. It's kind of a tautology - a terrorist is a person or group who does terrorist things.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #32
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I thought he had a severe throat injury and was incapable of speaking?

Also, i thought they weren't exactly devout muslims. Only going to mosque once in awhile. Not that Islam is a direct link to terroism. Or any link really... actually wgat does Islam have anything to do with this?

McVeigh was making an anti military statement. Actually, i think he stated it as revenge. I'm not even sure if that should be considered a terroist attack either. What about the una bomber? Is he consideted a terroist? Because honestly i may be confused on the definition of the word.

Yeah, and being potheads is a bit of a big no no too from what I understand.

Technically speaking "terrorist" means someone who acts violently (typically against nongovernment/citizens) in order to get a government to acknowledge their cause and make a change. For example, the Palestinian suicide bombers do it to try and free Palestine. But the word "terrorist" also holds a lot of emotional weight. Technically abortion clinic bombers are terrorists and the FBI classifies them as such, but you never hear them be acknowledged as terrorists otherwise. There was an act that classified any animal rights crime, even nonviolent, as terrorism as well, so there's the corporate involvement.

I think people who do this sort of crime (Boston bombing, McVeigh, Columbine) is really in it for the infamy and notoriety. They had no real point to make. They may rationalize it to themselves in other ways, but often they're guys who feel like the world owes them something and they're angry it doesn't cater to them.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
Despanan

Annnd, now they're claiming the Boston Bombers were Anarchists:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven...b_3156494.html

Quote:
...In fact, the only historical reference really made was mention of Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombings, a terrorist attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995, which was the most destructive anarchist bombing act in American history if correctly framed in purely anarchist terms. If there's a lesson to be learned from Boston, it is that we need to, on the one hand, frame the "war on terror" as a fight against an organized Islamist-fascist enemy abroad, which has so far been avoided, in deference to political correctness and misguided internationalism, and, on the other, define individual acts of anarchy on American soil as such in traditional terms and not in warlike terms that encompass unwise references to acts of war and treason.

Unlike the attack on the World Trade Center in 2001, the recent Boston bombings are just the latest of criminal bombings, or, in today's lingo, "acts of mass destruction," that Americans have dealt with since the inception of the nation. And our lack of knowledge and reference to these historical precedents continues to wrongfully guide both our government's lack of will to differentiate between war and domestic anarchy and our citizens' acquiescence to a reduction of our constitutional rights. Back in the early 20th century, "terrorists" were referred to as "anarchists" (basically the same thing) and carried out what would be termed these days as "acts of war."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
Saya

At least the comments are actually good at pointing out what's wrong with it. Methinks the author watched The Dark Knight too many times.

I've also seen an article saying that men are committing mass murders because feminism took their power away.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
At least the comments are actually good at pointing out what's wrong with it. Methinks the author watched The Dark Knight too many times.

I've also seen an article saying that men are committing mass murders because feminism took their power away.
Jesus.

Well, the plot thickens. The author actually reversed his position (or seemed to) after myself and a whole shit ton of others yelled at him. So I guess the internet won?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote