Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Shoe containing bones found on Wash. beach

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...USojQD92BN7RG1

PORT ANGELES, Wash. (AP) — An athletic shoe containing bones and flesh has been found on a Washington state beach and authorities are investigating whether it may be linked to a series of human feet found in shoes along the coast of British Columbia.

Clallam County prosecutor Deb Kelly, who acts as coroner, said Monday the flesh and bones had been sent to the King County medical examiner's office in Seattle to determine if the remains are human.

If the foot is human, the next step would be DNA testing to see if it matches feet found washed ashore in British Columbia.

Authorities said a woman told the Clallam County sheriff's office on Saturday that she found the black, high-top shoe along the beach on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, about 30 miles west of Port Angeles.

Kelly said county investigators would meet later this week with members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Five athletic shoes containing human feet have been found along the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the British Columbia mainland since August 2007. The Strait of Juan de Fuca separates the Canadian island and Washington's Olympic Peninsula.

A sixth foot found in June in British Columbia was determined to be an animal paw that had been shoved inside a shoe as a hoax.

"We're a little apprehensive since the last one was a hoax," said Detective Sgt. Lyman Moores.

DNA testing linked one of the Canadian feet to a depressed man who went missing a year ago. Investigators have also concluded that two of the five feet belonged to one man and that one foot was from a woman.

British Columbia coroner Jeff Dolan has said there was no evidence the feet were severed. Experts say that when a human body is submerged in the ocean, the arms, legs, hands, feet and head usually come off the body.
Hosted by Google
Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Yeah, they haven't solved that yet, I don't think. I heard about it on the news a while ago. I'd almost forgotten about it. It's kinda creepy.
I'd hate to be the one who found it. I don't think I'd ever go to a beach again.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
If the foot is human, the next step would be DNA testing to see if it matches feet found washed ashore in British Columbia.
Do they really think that some other creature was wearing sneakers? big foot, perhaps?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #4
CptSternn

I wonder if its a publicity stunt for Reebok. If it is, I wonder what ad guy came up with the idea.

"I have a great idea, all we need is a bag of left feet and some shoes..."
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote