Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #3151
Fruitbat

Sol - tell her to go overseas for her wedding - that will 'top' your wedding and then you have a really good excuse not to go to her wedding... or better yet just don't talk to her...

I friggin' hate people who turn everything into a competition.

I grew a set of man-sized balls and caught a spider last night - a big-ass huntsman spider in the hallway.

I've had two smaller ones in the house for a week now, so I can get used to them.

I told one of them off for inviting their friend around to party without asking me.

Caught and released alive, undamaged and I didn't squeal as I did it... no there is no footage of the said event and no witnesses.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #3152
Saya

hahaha, I guess it was two weeks ago, some girls at the resource center were saying how they'd love to go to Australia, and I showed them pictures of your huntsman spider that plagued you before. They're having second thoughts.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #3153
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Did I hallucinate all those posts Odin'sarmpit? Or did they just get deleted?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #3154
Saya

Huh, they did get deleted. Admin is on the ball.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #3155
Murder.Of.Crows

Admin is alive!? OOOoooooOOOOooo
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #3156
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Phew! /scratches hallucinations off his list

Looks like all I've got is that diagnosis of Paranoid Personality Disorder from the Psych team at the hospital. I can live with that xD
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #3157
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I think we agree that there's nothing tacky about free.
Hot pink chiffon? Tacky.
paying admission to a wedding? Tacky.
TAking advantage of a free, but classy venue is not tacky.
The funniest thing is that she was thinking about having a BYOB reception to save money (lucky for everyone Spence put his foot down, for once, and said he wouldn't do that to his guests, if the two fo them couldn't afford booze they just would do without). How is free tacky but that isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Sol - tell her to go overseas for her wedding - that will 'top' your wedding and then you have a really good excuse not to go to her wedding... or better yet just don't talk to her...
I'm pretty sure we aren't getting invited, no matter where it is. The sad part is that I adore Spencer, it kills me to see him with her. She doesn't treat him any better than she treats the rest of us but she is a minipulitive bitch who has convinced him that nobody else will ever love him, so even though he isn't happy, and you can see on his face that he isn't, hell he is happier in our wedding photos than he is in their engagement photos. She hardly lets him out of the house, except with her and/or to see her friends, the only time Jake and I get to see him is when Jess is out of town.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #3158
Saya

I'd say that piss poor etiquette before tacky, but tacky works too.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #3159
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
hahaha, I guess it was two weeks ago, some girls at the resource center were saying how they'd love to go to Australia, and I showed them pictures of your huntsman spider that plagued you before. They're having second thoughts.
Awww... don't scare away the tourists... Seriously, it's not all dangerous stuff here... Put it all in proportion... Would you rather have a harmless spider in the kitchen or a red-bellied black snake in the kitchen? (okay so that happened to a friend once, but it was an old house).

Oz has beautiful beaches, the outback is stunning and then there is that bloody great rock in the middle of no where.

Oh and the reefs, and the only place in the world where two world heritage places meet - Daintree and the GBR.

Sol- Why is your friend marrying her? I don't get it. oh hang on I do get it... friggin' stupid love...

Old 02-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #3160
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Awww... don't scare away the tourists... Seriously, it's not all dangerous stuff here... Put it all in proportion... Would you rather have a harmless spider in the kitchen or a red-bellied black snake in the kitchen? (okay so that happened to a friend once, but it was an old house).

Oz has beautiful beaches, the outback is stunning and then there is that bloody great rock in the middle of no where.

Oh and the reefs, and the only place in the world where two world heritage places meet - Daintree and the GBR.

Sol- Why is your friend marrying her? I don't get it. oh hang on I do get it... friggin' stupid love...
Oz is one of the greatest fucking countries and I'm not saying that out of patriotism.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #3161
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Oz is one of the greatest fucking countries and I'm not saying that out of patriotism.
Too bloody right mate!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #3162
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I'm pretty sure we aren't getting invited, no matter where it is. The sad part is that I adore Spencer, it kills me to see him with her. She doesn't treat him any better than she treats the rest of us but she is a minipulitive bitch who has convinced him that nobody else will ever love him, so even though he isn't happy, and you can see on his face that he isn't, hell he is happier in our wedding photos than he is in their engagement photos. She hardly lets him out of the house, except with her and/or to see her friends, the only time Jake and I get to see him is when Jess is out of town.
Kill it with fire. Now please. Those types are obnoxious and from your description I foresee an awful divorce and settlement proceeding it.

Seriously. I dated someone fitting that description for five years and it was a relief to leave such a dreadful manipulative environment. If you think it could possibly help him then kill such a beast with fire.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #3163
Corpsey

Quote:
Australia is great at soaking up New Zealand's work force and then collectively going to England.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #3164
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Kill it with fire. Now please. Those types are obnoxious and from your description I foresee an awful divorce and settlement proceeding it.
I don't really see a divorce in their future unless she decided to leave him. My only hope is that on her first deployment or maybe even while she is at OCS Spence will grow his spine back and remember that life can actually be happy and fun.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #3165
Solumina

Carpentry was cutting a hole in the wall over under the stairs to put in some recessed storage and as it turns out the whole area under there is open, effectively giving us a huge amount of storage (yay) that due to the small size and placement of the entrance only I can comfortably get in and out of (not so yay). It will be really nice once they finish cleaning it out (right now dry wall dust is everywhere) and putting up some lighting we will actually have a place to put the rarely used but completely necessary stuff as well as all backup and extra stuff.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #3166
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Australia is great at soaking up New Zealand's work force and then collectively going to England.
Dude, we will give you back Russel Crow... and I think most of Brisbane is actually NZer's who wanted to live someplace warm.

The only reason Aussies go to England is so they can appreciate how good they have it here in Australia!

NZ is awesome.. they have such a great sense of humour - they have to, to put up with aussies and the sheep jokes....

Oh heard an interesting story on the radio about four German backpackers who were travelling in a combie - got to Katherine and found a snake in their van.

Local reptile guy was called and it was a Stimson's Python that had been travelling with them for a few days. They can bite but they aren't poisonous.

Of course no one bothered to keep an eye on the snake, so when the catcher came, the snake couldn't be found. The guys still had to drive the combie.

It's funny because it wasn't me driving the combie!

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/telegrap...1/s3142459.htm

Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #3167
Catch

It was a long week. Just getting along editing stuff. Kind-of boring all-in-all. Oh well, guess back to the grind stone. It will be done with soon enough. ~blllllaaaaah
Old 02-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #3168
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I reckon I'm out of the loop right now but did Catch suddenly become vaguely coherent?

Happy and anxious. I got introduced to a 'too-good-to-be-true-what's-wrong-with-him?' guy. He's either straight or a serial killer. xD
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #3169
Catch

Quote:
Happy and anxious. I got introduced to a 'too-good-to-be-true-what's-wrong-with-him?' guy. He's either straight or a serial killer. xD
That's wonderful. I hope he is just a nice gay guy, for you.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #3170
honeythorn

Bronson has been gone a while now, so I decided it was time for a new betta! He's a very pretty roundtail, blue, white and black marbled with a white face.

I haven't thought of a name for him yet. I've put him in the main 30 gallon, and he's set up home in amongst the aponogenton leaves on the whole left hand side.

He's on the bottom left

Ooojoobooboo

honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #3171
Solumina

You should totally name him Ooojoobooboo.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #3172
Fruitbat

Christchurch - my thoughts are with you guys... fark!!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #3173
Mir

Wow. I see a lot of REALLY OLD threads being dragged up.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #3174
Saya

Hey! Solumina!

I stopped being lazy and moved ze blog to wordpress: http://itsallforyoudamien.wordpress.com/

I made it all pink to make up for the Omen reference.

Also, can you view youtube from work? If you can't I'll slack off on posting videos.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #3175
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Wow. I see a lot of REALLY OLD threads being dragged up.
If you don't like it then STOP DOING IT!