Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #51
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain
Thanks for clarifying that It makes me warm inside when someone in the US realises the world exists outside of the US. I spent all of a week visiting when I was much younger, and I kept on being asked if I was Canadian. Or, if the questioner was particulary intelligent, if I was British.

This discussion does seem to have gotten quite off topic, perhaps we should make a thread about mental health in the General section, so that people can keep sharing their experiences without spamming the news section?

Ophelia: No. If you can't recognise the personification of Delirium, then you really should read The Sandman. Not the Absolute, though that is gorgeous, but the affordable TPBs. I reccomend you skip the first volume and read The Doll's House or Brief Lives first, so that you can absorb the awesome that much more quickly.
I'm good.

I'm not really a comic book reader.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #52
LaBelleDameSansMerci

The Sandman is fabulous. I don't do comic books much, but The Sandman is written by Neil Gaiman. I recommend to all.
I dressed up as Delirium for Halloween once. I had a red curly clown wig pulled back into a pony tail and a helium balloon that was decorated to be a fish. Poor thing got tired by the end of the day and was drifting around near the floor by the time my friends and I went trick-or-treating...

I think part of the reason why this thread has been derailed is because there's not much to say about the story, other than how appalling it is. I suppose one could, just for shits and giggles (or because one is also a psychopath) say "I think you're all wrong. I think this child is a shining example of how people should be. In fact, he should be made President!" just to start a debate. But what could one say in favour of that, other than that he seems to have single-minded determination and is not afraid to make the decision to sacrifice lives (small lizards) so that others (crocodiles) can have food on the table?
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #53
mykeamend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem

Point.

But this majorly creeps me out. It is pretty fucked up, but I wonder what TV shows he watches. When my brother was younger, he'd often copy moves on TV. Especially Dragonball Z and Star Wars. Okay, now he didn't go around killing things, but has anyone ever considered that the parents haven't explained life, death, or cruelty to him? And if he watches violent TV, they probably haven't explained to him what's real and what's not or he's probably not up to the level of intelligence to naturally comprehend that by himself. If they let him jump a security fence, which I couldn't even get away with at this age, the maybe they've been very negligent in other areas of his life?
... Pokemon most likely.

"Chargizzard! Attack Crocogator!"
mykeamend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #54
Albert Mond

Haha. Australian kids.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #55
$haDe

Why did I have a picture of male Aeonflux jumping and dodging bullets over high security fences?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #56
Desdemona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
If you raise your fucking kids properly and act like a real parent, then your kids should be fine even if they play GTA: San Andreas all day, every day.
I play GTA: San Andreas quite a lot, plus other games considered "controversial" and I've never done anything like that.
Never blame third parties.
Its that kids parents who need locking up.

Ok, so I may moan about my mum like most kids, but deep down I know she's a good parent.
Where were this boys parents? In the pub?
Makes me sick.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #57
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I'm good.

I'm not really a comic book reader.
I'd give it a try, the Sandman is massively awesome. I think it's the only comic book ever to have won the "World Fantasy Award" and it's been nominated for like, eighteen Eisner Awards. The Sandman: Dream Hunters was also nominated for a Hugo.

Plus, it's freaking Gaiman. That man is incredible.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #58
PortraitOfSanity

Gaiman is so fucking incredible. My girlfriend is really into graphic novels, and The Sandman series is what convinced me they were actually worth reading.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #59
Toy Killer

Animal cruelty is usually a power or control based disturbance. taking of a living being's life can be felt as exhilarateing to someone that doesn't have control over thier own.

The parents are most likely a big part of the problem, in some sense or another. This is very common in the early lives of serial killers, becuase when you take a second and think about it, you don't have much control over you're life as a child. imagine being told what to wear, when to change, when to eat, when to sleep, every single day for years on end. Couple that with emotional, physical, or sexual abuse and a single parent too preoccupied to pay attention to a child that needs to communicate and reinforce the volumous knowledge he's learning, and you can have someone who turns to violence for the illusion of contol in his day to day.

then when he grows older, and things get out of hand, feeding animals to alligators may not satisfy these deep-seated urges. Hence single parents, early abuse or neglect, and childhood animal cruelty all being profiles of violent criminals.
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #60
freddy666

i play GTA4 and i never even thought of harming animals.i do fantasize about harming certain people when provoked but i know they are fantasies that will never even come close to becoming realities.

i also feel very sorry for the animals. i like turtles. the only cruelty that ever makes me flinch is when people are cruel to animals.
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #61
Wrath

I grew up waching Phantasm,Freddy,Jason,Hellraiser and a shit load of other types of violence.It is not the cause of a child being fucked in the head.As I have yet to kill an animal or person.
The parents are to blame there were most likey signs the parents ignored or they just didnt care.Even children know fantasy from reality and if they dont the parents should explain it.Its ignorant of people to blame other things when its their own fault.The child was either A) Born fucked up or B) Bad parenting . I believe its both.
I'm tierd of peope baming shit on Televsion when its their own fault for not noticing or not wanting to notice their child is not fucking 'normal'.
Accept your own blame for fucksake.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #62
Lord Whiskerton

I find this to be quite shocking. A young boy massacring fellow animals without reason. It is quite revolting . I fear that this may not be the last of his horrid acts. I wonder what may have stemmed this kind of behavior from him.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #63
zerademark

Yup, I once read that Serial-killers start of with killing animals first. If you can easely sqaut a fly, kick a dog or fry your fish, what holds you back at killing humans?
Quote:
I think part of the reason why this thread has been derailed is because there's not much to say about the story, other than how appalling it is. I suppose one could, just for shits and giggles (or because one is also a psychopath) say "I think you're all wrong. I think this child is a shining example of how people should be. In fact, he should be made President!" just to start a debate. But what could one say in favour of that, other than that he seems to have single-minded determination and is not afraid to make the decision to sacrifice lives (small lizards) so that others (crocodiles) can have food on the table?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. "If Evil Truly Exists, then it does so Within the Heart of Mankind"
Yes, this boy has potential. Now he only needs votes.
Quote:
I grew up waching Phantasm,Freddy,Jason,Hellraiser and a shit load of other types of violence.It is not the cause of a child being fucked in the head.As I have yet to kill an animal or person.
Same here. Watching movies like the Excorcist and B-Horror movies never made me have the urge to kill humans. I got that desire by them themselfs.

How the hell did that boy miss the Cobra and Ratelsnake Exhibit???
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #64
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
I predict we'll be hearing more of this kid in the news...
Anything yet?
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #65
Todesengel

Sick little bastard. I love him!
Todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #66
Raven_Black

Holy shit what a bastard. I cant imagine how anyone could kill any animal never mind reptiles. I'v kept reptiles for 10years and if anyone hurt them I'd kill them shit bag. I cant believe a child could be so messed up
Raven_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #67
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Black View Post
I cant imagine how anyone could kill any animal...I'v kept reptiles for 10years and if anyone hurt them I'd kill them
Your imagination doesn't stretch very far.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote