Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Yvette_Du_Pointe

Homophobia....

I know that there are probably tonnes of whining threads on this subject, but I'm not talking about the subject as a whole. I'm talking about once specific case of homophobia that happened today.
A friend and myself were standing at a bus stop, waiting for our bus home. The local Secondary school kids were there. There was one particular bunch of pre-pubescent little sods that were there. We hate them and they hate us.
As me and my mate were talking, I just so happened to hear one of the kids from the group talking about Gays and Lesbians and how it wasn't natural, how it was disguisting. I ignored it because I'm used to hearing those same words from my parents.
But one kid then started talking about that case of Lesbians being r***d in South Africa. He said that he thought all Lesbians should be r***d straight, because r****g them was the only way to turn them straight.
This kid was barely 12 years old and he was saying stuff like that.
I wanted to strangle him. I really, honestly wanted to strangle the little bastard.
Once me and my mate were on the bus, I turned around to her and said "I can't believe what that boy said. How can someone say something like that? How can someone even think something like that? Does he honestly believe that doing that to a Lesbian will actually turn her straight?".
My friend told me that there were some seriously sick people out there, that I shouldn't be mad at that boy, because that wasn't his beliefs. It was probably his parents beliefs.

I still can't get over what that boy said. I mean, a 12 year old kid saying that all Lesbians should be r***d straight? It's fucking sickening.
I just don't understand how any respectable parents could teach their kid something like that.
I don't understand how anyone could hold such a huge amount of hatred towards a minority as to actually say something as disguisting as that.

I understand that it's not the first time that something like that has been said, and that it's not only Homosexuals that it's been directed at, but it's so fucked up and wrong.
Yvette_Du_Pointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Tam Li Hua

While I agree that it's disgusting and that the kid shouldn't have said it, it doesn't really surprise me. You said the kid hates you, right? It could be possible he was just saying that to start shit and not because that's actually how he feels.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Apathy's_Child

Whilst I think we can all agree that it's sad when parents teach their kids to flush their empathy down the same toilet as those before them, hating a 12 yr old is kind of ironic given your impassioned lament on the need for compassion and understanding. Shouldn't you, being the radiant madonna-type, be feeling sorry for a child with no choice but to be raised by ignorant fuckwits with violent views? (Shit, if lesbians deserve savage ****, I'd hate to know what leaving the cap off the toothpaste gets you in that house.) At least they have the excuse of not knowing better. And yeah, Tam's probably right to some degree about the kid trying to piss you off.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

What Apathy said.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Joker_in_the_Pack

I'm glad me and my girlfriend were not there. I'd have to hold her back from strangling the little prick.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

The thoughts and feelings of a 12 year old are nearly negligible.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Side Note:
Homosexuality ISN'T natural (actively present in nature) it's a purely human concept.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Side Note:
Homosexuality ISN'T natural (actively present in nature) it's a purely human concept.
Wow, not true.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I think it is true, however that is not to say I think unnatural things should be condemned.

(Lamest response ever, I know)
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
Cicero

Quote:
I think it is true, however that is not to say I think unnatural things should be condemned.

(Lamest response ever, I know)
How can you think it's true? Animals of the same sex fuck each other all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior

[The only reason I'm linking wikipedia is because my crappy internet won't load any of the other sources, argh]

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Yeah but that's not homosexuality.

Homosexuality is an identity construct formulated by humans to explain differences in sexual urges.

Sex occurs in nature, two animals of the same gender can fuck but it's just sex, it only becomes homosexuality when, we as humans observe it and liken it to our behaviour and social concepts and then label it as such.

Homosexuality is only unnatural because we identify it, and yet the same applies to heterosexuality.

Sex in any shape or form is a natural occurrence brought on by a range of factors. Sexuality is a social construct created for the sole sake of identification between one party who partakes in one form of sexual act and another who partakes in a variance of a sexual act (for argument's sake, no sexual act whatsoever) and whoever is in the majority is generally accepted to be normal while the other is deviation.

It's funny how reading for and writing one essay can sometimes completely change how we view things.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
Knight in Shining Armour

Disregard my original comment.
I kind of agree with Corpsey now that it's been explained.
Knight in Shining Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
PortraitOfSanity

I agree that it is an entirely human concept. Sex as anything more than a means of sustaining a species is limited to human beings (presumably).

I disagree with the argument it's not natural.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #14
Yvette_Du_Pointe

I appologise in advance for sound stupid for asking this, but, Corpsey, is the jist of what you're saying basically "People, not gender"?
So, what if a girl likes a girl like she would like a boy, but has no sexual attraction whatsoever, is it still unnatural?
If she's attracted to this girl, but not sexually, are her feelings unnatural?
If yes, then I'd have to disagree with you 100% there.
Yvette_Du_Pointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #15
Solumina

Quote:
Sex in any shape or form is a natural occurrence brought on by a range of factors. Sexuality is a social construct created for the sole sake of identification between one party who partakes in one form of sexual act and another who partakes in a variance of a sexual act (for argument's sake, no sexual act whatsoever) and whoever is in the majority is generally accepted to be normal while the other is deviation.
While the term sexuality is created by man the concept is no more exclusive to humanity than the concept of a family. The only way that we can say that those concepts is exclusive to humans or that they are only seen in nature when people are likening animal behavior to our own is because we can't effectively communicate with animals so we have no idea what their thoughts on the matter are. If you want to go argue something as being a man made construct then lets talk about gender but sexuality is just used to describe an individual's typical relationship patterns, something that occurs in humans as well as many animals.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Tam Li Hua

From my understanding, when animals do it that way, it's more of a show of dominance than a show of sexual attraction, much how r@pe is more about power than it is sexual pleasure.

I could be wrong, though.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #17
Solumina

Tam that is true of some species but not others. You know how some animals mate for life? Well some happen to pick a mate of the same sex.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
3lackrose

First at all, I'd wonder how that kid has grown. Besides, he/she is just 12, during his/her life will have all the time and experiences to understand deeper the subject and change his/her point of view about that..
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
Bonquisha~Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
I agree that it is an entirely human concept. Sex as anything more than a means of sustaining a species is limited to human beings (presumably).
Umm, no...
Bonobos and dolphins are known to have sex for reasons other than reproduction.
Bonquisha~Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Tam that is true of some species but not others. You know how some animals mate for life? Well some happen to pick a mate of the same sex.
Interesting. Example?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #21
Lady Christine

It's sickening but it's one of those prejudices people can't get past. I remember when I went to the rally for Gay Marriage with the bill being debated on, the only argument that people had that got the other side fired up was 'Oh if we give gays the right to get married, people are going to start marrying their horses!' In which I find absolutely ludicrous but the opposition didn't...
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgot My Password View Post
Ahh. Interesting.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
JCC

If you care so strongly why didn't you talk to them about it? Who knows, perhaps you could've changed their minds and enriched someone's life rather than just saying how bad it is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
Komakino

I agree with one of the posts above that a 12 yr. old kids' thoughts are negligible...and for homosexuality, meh, some people say that they were born that way and it is in their genes. Actually I think that it depends how they were raised as a child.

Hmmm...strangely though I don't get disgusted seeing lesbians. But gay men...err...that's when my homophobia strucks. (no offense!)
Komakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
But gay men...err...that's when my homophobia strucks. (no offense!)
It's okay, your irrational hatred of people based upon something so trivial as their sexual orientation hasn't offended anyone at all.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote