Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #151
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwothree
I'm not shoving anything down your throat. A forum is a place where people exchange ideas, and nothing more.
Calling everyone that doesn't agree with you "stupid"? =\
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #152
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
I'm not shoving anything down your throat. A forum is a place where people exchange ideas, and nothing more.
I'M LYING ON MY BEAD NAKED! WHAT NOW?!
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #153
Porphyria

Quote:
If you didn't read the above message, then yeah. Jillian just proved you wrong. I was going to do it, but he beat me to the punch. I hate when he does that. When a bunch of mind-crushing pwn is right in my hand, he pulls it away by replying faster than me.

Damn him.

So anyway, your reasoning is invalid, because you don't even know what supernatural powers Santa Claus has.

The fact he can fly at 10% the speed of light to get into every house by nature makes him supernatural. At that speed, his body would explode. Just that alone is enough to make him a god by any definition.

So, I fail to see how you could be so blind. I suppose you don't grasp simple concepts.
If there was a Church of Santa somewhere, or a Cult of Santa, or anything resembling Santa-worship not exclusively practiced by preschoolers, then yeah, I’d be wrong about my previous statement (Commas! Nooo!). Of course, I wouldn’t have made that statement in the first place if any of those things existed.

Besides I said godlike status, not godlike powers. Lots of things in fairy tales have magical powers and they’re not regarded as gods. Pwned? Hardly.

Don’t think I haven’t noticed you ignored my original point in favor of personal attacks and a Santa Claus argument. Why are you so concerned about what other people do or don’t believe? Why can’t you be satisfied with your own position and leave it alone? It’s impossible to argue something that has no factual basis. No one can be “right’ or “wrong” about this. People are going to believe or not believe whatever they want and it’s better for everyone if we don’t make it our business. If people could just stay the fuck out of everyone's spiritual affairs there’d be a lot less violence in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
I'M LYING ON MY BEAD NAKED! WHAT NOW?!
Could you lie on your back and pedal an imaginary bicycle? That would be hot.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #154
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphyria
If there was a Church of Santa somewhere, or a Cult of Santa, or anything resembling Santa-worship not exclusively practiced by preschoolers, then yeah, I’d be wrong about my previous statement (Commas! Nooo!). Of course, I wouldn’t have made that statement in the first place if any of those things existed.

Besides I said godlike status, not godlike powers. Lots of things in fairy tales have magical powers and they’re not regarded as gods. Pwned? Hardly.

Don’t think I haven’t noticed you ignored my original point in favor of personal attacks and a Santa Claus argument. Why are you so concerned about what other people do or don’t believe? Why can’t you be satisfied with your own position and leave it alone? It’s impossible to argue something that has no factual basis. No one can be “right’ or “wrong” about this. People are going to believe or not believe whatever they want and it’s better for everyone if we don’t make it our business. If people could just stay the fuck out of everyone's spiritual affairs there’d be a lot less violence in the world.

This is grade A fail. You lack the comprehension ability. You're too stupid to continue this conversation, but if you want to then I will explain why you are totally wrong. It might be 5+ pages, because you won't be able to understand it any other way.

I really can't believe you think you have a clue what you are talking about. It's obvious to me, Circle, and Jillian that you don't. You do not grasp a single thing about what I said, because you really do lack the knowledge.

I feel I might need to give you a few links instead, so you won't just have to take my word for it.
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #155
Porphyria

So do it already. Answer at least one of the questions I asked you without attacking me personally. I don't think you can.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #156
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:

Should I do it rhythm with daft punk's technologic?
Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #157
Porphyria

Quote:
Should I do it rhythm with daft punk's technologic?
Or you could do it while you sob uncontrollably. It's hot either way.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #158
Onetwothree

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/God
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Deity
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Worship

--

http://www.daylightatheism.org/2006/...lusions-v.html
http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis/aaa.htm
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...92868?lnk=raot

--

So how is Santa NOT equivalent to a God? Why does something need a following? You just said that Zeus and Hera, etc. Are legitimately gods, but not Santa.

Children do worship Santa. They sit there, and they pray for him to give them things, or for Santa to save their mother. In fact, most children pray to Santa around that time way way way way way more than God. They can't get the two straight. If there is a big difference between the two in power, then why would they call on Santa? Is it because Santa is more tangible? Nicer?

I don't know what it is.

Still, this is not the point. In any case, even if you can now try to claim some more crazy bullshit. You are CERTAINLY a Zeus atheist.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #159
Onetwothree

Quote:
So do it already. Answer at least one of the questions I asked you without attacking me personally. I don't think you can.
What questions? List them please, and I'll answer all.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #160
the-broken-harlequin

Because god has a bigger penis!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #161
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Or you could do it while you sob uncontrollably. It's hot either way.
Meh, I rarely cry, only when Vincent is making me cry.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #162
Valrys

Quote:
Because god has a bigger penis!
He's God, his Penis can be whatever size he makes it.

But Duckmans is bigger.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 AM   #163
Porphyria

Quote:
What questions? List them please, and I'll answer all.
Quote:
Why are you so concerned about what other people do or don’t believe? Why can’t you be satisfied with your own position and leave it alone?
I never asked you to justify your beliefs. I honestly don't care about them and I never did. I never said anything that warranted the Santa tangent, either-- that was all you.

All I ever wanted to know was why you're so fixated on attacking other people's beliefs instead of simply being comfortable with your own. That's all. You obviously didn't read or didn't comprehend much of what I wrote. I suspect you're here to argue for the sake of argument more than anything else, so I can't be bothered with this bullshit anymore.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #164
honeythorn

Quote:

Anyway, why? If you 'know' your beliefs are true, then why wouldn't you kill for them? If you truly, and totally believe in your beliefs, then they should be well worth killing for. If you don't totally believe in your beliefs, then I find it hard to live by them. I'd kill for my beliefs. Unfortunately, I don't have any.
Why would I need to kill for my beliefs? The main cause of people killing for their beliefs is to frighten people into conversion to their faith. Paganism is non proselytising, the general belief is that religion/faith is personal, and something you decide on at your own pace, by your own choice. There is no big book saying " convert those who do not believe or kill them/they will be judged by..X...and go to...wherever " so that option is out .

There is no reason to kill FOR my beliefs. If it was a matter of defending my own physical safety, if someone came at me with a knife or something, screaming at me to convert or die !!!!, then yes, I would defend myself however nessescary, and I would still do my best to avoid killing the maniac, I se no need to kill someone iof I could really help it.

But that has nothing to do with my beliefs and everything to do with my own safety.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #165
Onetwothree

Quote:
I never asked you to justify your beliefs. I honestly don't care about them and I never did. I never said anything that warranted the Santa tangent, either-- that was all you.

All I ever wanted to know was why you're so fixated on attacking other people's beliefs instead of simply being comfortable with your own. That's all. You obviously didn't read or didn't comprehend much of what I wrote. I suspect you're here to argue for the sake of argument more than anything else, so I can't be bothered with this bullshit anymore.
If you can't be bothered, then I can't be bothered answering your questions.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #166
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Why would I need to kill for my beliefs? The main cause of people killing for their beliefs is to frighten people into conversion to their faith. Paganism is non proselytising, the general belief is that religion/faith is personal, and something you decide on at your own pace, by your own choice. There is no big book saying " convert those who do not believe or kill them/they will be judged by..X...and go to...wherever " so that option is out .

There is no reason to kill FOR my beliefs. If it was a matter of defending my own physical safety, if someone came at me with a knife or something, screaming at me to convert or die !!!!, then yes, I would defend myself however nessescary, and I would still do my best to avoid killing the maniac, I se no need to kill someone iof I could really help it.

But that has nothing to do with my beliefs and everything to do with my own safety.
You must not believe that strong then. Your beliefs must be very flimsy. I think any belief should be worth dying for, if you really believe in it. Because it's as close to truth as one might think is possible. Of course, it's often never the case, which is why I don't hold beliefs. But surely to the person holding them, they are very real.

Still, the question isn't about if your beliefs warranted it. Would you kill for your earnest beliefs? I would always reply yes, personally.

Also, if you decide on your own religion, how did you come across a particular religion? It sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me. Another religion that claims no converts, but has many.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #167
Onetwothree

Quote:

P.S. I know the reason why you can't be bothered anymore: because I just made you look stupid when I proved Santa can be identified easily as a deity of some sort. Deities do not need to be omnipotent, wise, and cold. Perhaps in your head all gods should be like the Judeo-Christian God: a misogynistic, malevolent, ethnic cleanser.

But some gods give presents. It's pretty obvious that Santa can be seen as a god, and you ignored it, and claimed it has no value, but you aren't grasping my point: all people are atheists. I just go a god further. You're a Zeus atheist, and a Baal atheist, and any other god you even don't know of you are an atheist of.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #168
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
P.S. I know the reason why you can't be bothered anymore: because I just made you look stupid when I proved Santa can be identified easily as a deity of some sort. Deities do not need to be omnipotent, wise, and cold. Perhaps in your head all gods should be like the Judeo-Christian God: a misogynistic, malevolent, ethnic cleanser.

But some gods give presents. It's pretty obvious that Santa can be seen as a god, and you ignored it, and claimed it has no value, but you aren't grasping my point: all people are atheists. I just go a god further. You're a Zeus atheist, and a Baal atheist, and any other god you even don't know of you are an atheist of.
I'm going to kiss you then push you on my bed and rips your clothes off...
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #169
Onetwothree

Quote:
I'm going to kiss you then push you on my bed and rips your clothes off...
Are ye man, or are ye woman?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #170
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Are ye man, or are ye woman?
Let me check.
Male.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #171
Porphyria

Quote:

How many times do I have to tell you that I DON'T CARE if Santa is a god or not? I say no, you say yes, no one can be "right" because it's a stupid, self-defeating argument. That's never what any of this was about. I don't want to hear your hostile, overblown justification of Atheism. I never asked for any of that. I asked two simple questions and you seem to be too fixated on Santa Claus and preoccupied with childish insults to answer them.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #172
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
How many times do I have to tell you that I DON'T CARE if Santa is a god or not? I say no, you say yes, no one can be "right" because it's a stupid, self-defeating argument. That's never what any of this was about. I don't want to hear your hostile, overblown justification of Atheism. I never asked for any of that. I asked two simple questions and you seem to be too fixated on Santa Claus and preoccupied with childish insults to answer them.
You mean... Santa isn't real?! *Eyes fill with tears*
Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #173
honeythorn

Quote:
You must not believe that strong then. Your beliefs must be very flimsy. I think any belief should be worth dying for, if you really believe in it. Because it's as close to truth as one might think is possible. Of course, it's often never the case, which is why I don't hold beliefs. But surely to the person holding them, they are very real.

Still, the question isn't about if your beliefs warranted it. Would you kill for your earnest beliefs? I would always reply yes, personally.

Also, if you decide on your own religion, how did you come across a particular religion? It sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me. Another religion that claims no converts, but has many.
But what exactly do you mean FOR my beliefs? What reason could I possibly have? I would die for them, but I have no reason whatsoever to kill for them.

To answer the other question.

Paganism ( or neo paganism as it is usually referred to ) is an umbrella term for nature based belief systems and religions. There are many kinds, Wicca, Druidry, Heathenism, Asatru, folk/country based beliefs, witchcraft ( usually incorporated into Wicca, but can be practiced quite seperately without reference to a specifically named goddess and god, or pantheon) and so on, I can't remember them all at the moment.

I found actual information in books and on the internet. I have never been christened or baptised to any religion, my parents are not particularly religious. I guess you could say they are agnostic. They only christened my older brothers because it was the done thing at the time.

I have always been very close to nature, I live near the countryside and am about ten minutes from a wood. I've always felt very connected , and this feeling has grown over the years. I picked up a book on witchraft in a bookstore, I felt very interested when I saw it. I have since bought many books and am part of 3 forums dedicated to pagan faiths and beliefs . When I read the books I felt that the contents reflected a huge portion of what I have felt and believed all my life.

I also never claimed to worship any particular deity. I have not chosen a pantheon or particular area of paganism to adhere to. I don't get down and bow to trees and shrubs or anything. I revere nature, I do not worship it and I feel that there is something of the divine ( I do not claim to know what ) in all living things.

I think many are drawn to paganism because there is no set dogma. No big book of set rules and no great big devil-like figure to torment you when you pass on if you haven't been good. Naturally people have morals, and basic common sense ( yes despite believing in something you claim probably doesn't exist, weird eh? ) when it comes to life in general. The majority( if not all ) pagans are very nature concious, and envronmentally aware, think about it, the earth is what sustains you, provides you with food and liquid in order to survive, I think it deserves a little reverence.

I do not care how illogical or ridiculous that sounds to you, it isn't your belief and so it isn't your concern.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #174
Porphyria

Quote:
You mean... Santa isn't real?! *Eyes fill with tears*
*Pats your head* Of course he's real, pumpkin.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #175
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
*Pats your head* Of course he's real, pumpkin.
Yay, Lets drink some coca-cola!
(I bet old saint Nick would love that seeing as though it was coca-cola who made him)