Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: He is. . .?
Goth 0 0%
Emo 2 33.33%
Wears Black 4 66.67%
Edgar Poe 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Catch

Adam Lambert

There's this guy on American Idol who made it to the top 36 and is going to perform on Tuesday's show to get into the top 12, but I can't decide if he is Goth, Emo or wears a lot of black. What do you think?

Here is the link to his photo:

http://www.americanidol.com/photos/s...o_shoot/40118/
Old 02-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Duane

I think "Who gives a shit?".
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Catch

Well Goth frontmen could help revive the scene. I was watching a documentry about Hippies. There was a band from that Hippy place in California that became famous. Before then no one cared because they thought they couldn't make money, but then they did, so a bunch of producers hired a bunch of people, anyone from the area. Then some people had one hit or semi career for awhile. It opened opportunities for everyone.

Usually I don't vote, but I'm thinking if a Goth could get support, then investors will recognize Goths and open opportunities to everyone else. That would be cool, so I might vote. Even if they don't win they know there are people interested in this.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Catch

Well, images of Adam making out with other men with his hair dyed blue or pink have most definitely ruined his chances of winning. Yep, though the judges said he performed great, people don't want a fag winning AI and as for any Goth support, he is obviously Emo. Bet he's going home tonight.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
KontanKarite

Catch... It's just like you to have a thread like this. I'm surprised that you managed to sort of surprise me with it though. I have to remind myself that you're not the best person to go to for anything related to goth. :-/

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Tam Li Hua

This guy looks waaaaaaaaaaaay too happy and clean-cut to be Goth. He seems more scene, or possible, emo.

But really, I think he just likes wearing black.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Well Goth frontmen could help revive the scene. I was watching a documentry about Hippies. There was a band from that Hippy place in California that became famous. Before then no one cared because they thought they couldn't make money, but then they did, so a bunch of producers hired a bunch of people, anyone from the area. Then some people had one hit or semi career for awhile. It opened opportunities for everyone.
There are a couple of problems with this scenario. First of all, die-hard Goths are all about keeping the scene "underground", which means "out of the mainstream".

Second, a hippie and a Goth have -very- little in common. Hippies were a response to the violence and the war in the late '60s and early '70s. They were promoting peace and weed instead of war and violence. Goths, however, are only fans of a certain kind of music. Goths have greatly varied views on politics, war, and other such things, while hippies were relatively united in their beliefs about these things.

Quote:
Usually I don't vote, but I'm thinking if a Goth could get support, then investors will recognize Goths and open opportunities to everyone else. That would be cool, so I might vote. Even if they don't win they know there are people interested in this.
This guy has nothing to do with the Goth scene, from what I can tell. And even if he did, I don't think that most Goths would be that thrilled about it. [Insert every argument about what makes a 'real Goth' and what makes a 'mall Goth' here.]

Anyways, that's my take on the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Albert Mond

Looked up the make out photos. That's got to be one of the worst gay kiss photos I've seen. I mean, I could clone myself, give myself tongue, and it'd be hotter. Plus, he looks better with darker hair.
Anyway, he's definitely scene, I think. If he were an actual emo, he wouldn't be on American Idol.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Catch

So now being superfical isn't Goth. I guess the Romani and Perky Goths need to come up with some other title!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Qgirl

(Image Courtesy of Blue Blood)
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Catch

Thank you for proving my point. Gracias
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
menus era sota

definitely emo.
menus era sota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
tekajo

Fuck Adam Lambert.

Oh by the way Qgirl or DirtNap send this message on to Forrest for me: Lambert did not do a rendition of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire...he did a pisspoor rendition of a decent untraditional version of Ring of Fire. Dilana (Rockstar Supernova) kicks Adam's ass all over the place on that song.

uh...yeah i watch American Idol. Yes...i do feel the shame.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
Mr E Nigma

Shittiest rendition of Ring of Fire ever.

And he has absolutely nothing to do with the Goth scene, (which i had no idea existed)

Adam Lambert should've been born a few decades back so he could sing with the greats in the 80's.

He has the singing range of Freddie Mercury, Bruce Dickinson, Ozzy, Robert plant....

Don't get me wrong, he's not AS good, 'cause it's not all about the vocals, but that is definitely where his singing talent lies. For him to try to sing anything else, like Nine Inch Nails style... or that gay ass version of ring of fire that he butchered. Is completely beyond him, that's why he tried to sing it that way, because he had no chance at doing country. Although, I think he would've been fine singing how he normally does and just changing the song like he did with MJ's Black and White.

I'm gunning for Anoop Dog or Danny Gokey to win. haha, I feel like such a fanboy, I've never really watched AI before, but my mom sucked me into it this season -_-
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo View Post
Fuck Adam Lambert.

Oh by the way Qgirl or DirtNap send this message on to Forrest for me: Lambert did not do a rendition of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire...he did a pisspoor rendition of a decent untraditional version of Ring of Fire. Dilana (Rockstar Supernova) kicks Adam's ass all over the place on that song.

uh...yeah i watch American Idol. Yes...i do feel the shame.
I thought it was Jeff Buckley's version of Ring of Fire. And I agree it was a shitty job.... he can't sing well that way. It sounded horrifying and I completely agreed with simon

and I feel the shame as well Tekajo.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Catch

So it is looking like he wears a lot of black. Probably some weirdo. He still made it to the next round. Disco, is not hot. "Play that Funky Music White Boy." ~maybe just go shoot yourself . .