Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #26
honeythorn

Mine is far too large to do such a thing unfortunately. My problem is FAR more than a " bit of a pooch " .Less a food baby and more a food whale. Which is why I am eating a lot less food. And a lot less sugar and bread ( I didn't eat a vast amount of either before but now I eat even less than I did ) .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Mine is far too large to do such a thing unfortunately. My problem is FAR more than a " bit of a pooch " .Less a food baby and more a food whale. Which is why I am eating a lot less food. And a lot less sugar and bread ( I didn't eat a vast amount of either before but now I eat even less than I did ) .
I've seen your pictures Honeythorn and you're not as big as you think you are. Anyway, I tried that whole "don't eat as much" thing and I couldn't do it!
I read somewhere that if you eat six meals a day, like this: Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, and make the meals smaller than you normally would that you'd lose weight. I tried it and it was working but I couldn't keep up with it. Plus breads and carbs are my favorite sorts of foods.

I went from almost 170 to 145 when I went vegan from lacto-ovo vegetarian. There's always that option, but I think you look beautiful already.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #28
honeythorn

I can't do the little and often meals thing as I work in a warehouse and we have set breaktimes. Vegan isn't something I like the idea of at all. Not natural IMO. I know we evolved from plant eaters, but the fact is we did evolve and even prehistoric man ate eggs at least when they could get them, as well as a moderate amount of meat. I don't eat a lot of meat though as I dislike the taste of most of it.And the only milk I have is in tea. I do like yoghurt though. Yum. Low fat ones of course ! I eat far more healthily than most of my much slimmer friends who all drive. I suspect my metabolism may have left the building some time ago though.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
Pineapple_Juice

Metabolism is what does it, methinks. That's why they say to go six small meals 'cause it keeps your metabolism up throughout the day-like anybody wants to do that, lol. Moderation is NOT my thing.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #30
ZyklonB

I actually like the whole small meals thing. That's just the way I eat, I guess you grow into it or something. My metabolism is already WTF, i weigh 105 lbs and I'm around 5 feet 7. I just can't eat too much in one sitting, it's too much for me sometimes.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #31
jack_the_knife

I think my metabolism is messed up as well, I have a BMI of 17 and people always think I'm anorexic when I tell them how much I weigh. Which is rather strange considering that I'm kind of normally built. I think it may be that I'm too active in the sport department.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I think my metabolism is messed up as well, I have a BMI of 17 and people always think I'm anorexic when I tell them how much I weigh. Which is rather strange considering that I'm kind of normally built. I think it may be that I'm too active in the sport department.
You're not necessarily anorexic, but your BMI is dangerously low.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #33
jack_the_knife

I know it's dangerously low. It's seriously baffled me. I mean It's not like I eat little. My normal diet consists of:
Breakfast: Cereal, toast, tea, beans, a fried egg ( maybe a sausage if I'm feeling up to it. ).
Then various snacks up until about lunch time. Candy bars, pot noodles and the odd bag of crisps.
Lunch: This consists mainly of Ravioli or noodles, but I do get the odd kebab or a cheese-steak sandwich.
After lunch it's the various snack routine again until dinner. Dinner generally entails chicken or porc pie or pizzas. Then the snacks until I go to sleep again.

This is the reason why I think my metabolism has messed up somewhere. weighing 54kg at 1.78m is not normal considering the amount I eat.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #34
Saya

Mine's 17.5, but aren't you supposed to consider your bone structure too? Some people have petite frames and some people are big boned. Doctor never told me I'm dangerously underweight, just that I could stand to gain a few pounds.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #35
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I know it's dangerously low. It's seriously baffled me. I mean It's not like I eat little. My normal diet consists of:
Breakfast: Cereal, toast, tea, beans, a fried egg ( maybe a sausage if I'm feeling up to it. ).
Then various snacks up until about lunch time. Candy bars, pot noodles and the odd bag of crisps.
Lunch: This consists mainly of Ravioli or noodles, but I do get the odd kebab or a cheese-steak sandwich.
After lunch it's the various snack routine again until dinner. Dinner generally entails chicken or porc pie or pizzas. Then the snacks until I go to sleep again.

This is the reason why I think my metabolism has messed up somewhere. weighing 54kg at 1.78m is not normal considering the amount I eat.
ARGH! Curse you boy! I'll swap with you any day of the week I only have to look at foods like that and I practically swell like a bouncy castle!

Seriously this is what I have eaten today so far.

Breakfast : Porridge ( a small prepacked sachet of plain porridge ) with raisins.

Break : I apple, 1 low fat yoghurt

Lunch : Porridge, same as above ( it's easier to swallow because of my tonsil, I usually have soup or low fat noodles )

3pm Break : 1 low fat cereal bar thingy, 1 plum

Dinner : 1 small plate of chilli con carne

And that actually is a typical day for me. I'm on my feet all day either standing and making helmets or walking about the warehouse/climbing racking to get stuff.

Most of my mates work in offices, sit on their arses typing ect, eat all kinds of shite and drive to and from work!!!! Bloody biology! * shakes fist at it *
Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #36
jack_the_knife

Considering you have a physical job it is probably your metabolism.
I think my underweightness is a mixture of overly enthusiastic metabolism and too much sport. I often go skating at night ( if it's warm and dry enough, which it isn't at the moment. ) if I want to get things filmed and also you don't get kicked off after hours. Depending on my mood It can be anywhere from getting home at 2am to getting home at 4am.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #37
Serren

I think if you've got a BMI of 17 it might be an idea to see your doctor. My step daughter was very thin and we managed to get her sorted out with our GP, it turned out she was anemic and probably had been for some time.

I unfortunately have the opposite problem, I'm on a medication which has made me pile on the pounds. I've managed to loose about 40 pounds, I need to loose another 15 to get down to a normal weight. I find dressing well helps cover at least some of it.

I think PVC can look great on very thin woman, I haven't worn PVC tho since I was 17 and like a size 10 on a day day. Corsets I think look good on all woman, particularly ones who have more curves.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #38
crucifix

^corsets. need I say more?
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #39
Pineapple_Juice

Damnit, you skinny people! I'm at 145 at 5"11. Which isn't fat obviously, but it's not waify enough to be fashionable and not curvy enough to be sexy.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #40
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice
Damnit, you skinny people! I'm at 145 at 5"11. Which isn't fat obviously, but it's not waify enough to be fashionable and not curvy enough to be sexy.

Are you sure you're not waify? I'm 6 foot and 170/175 and I don't even look slightly overweight. I have a somewhat v shaped torso, but a lot of people will say that I'm pretty skinny. If you weigh that much and are generally the same size as me, I'd be kinda creeped out as to how your physique looks. No offense.

I personally CAN'T go below 160 it seems. By the time I reach 160 pounds I start feeling really really sick unless I'm working out like a crazy mofo for 7 days a week.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #41
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serren
Corsets I think look good on all woman, particularly ones who have more curves.
No. No they don't. And it seriously depends on how you define "curves" One of the most mis-used and mis-appropriated ( I think that's the term I mean anyway ) words ever . I have seen some truly godawful sights, and those women weren't even very overweight. Admittedly it could have been a case of bad corsetry, but still, I have seen far more bad sights than nice ones.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #42
jack_the_knife

Another helpful suggestion to avoid being heckled:
If you do partake in an alternative religion, don't advertise it, let alone ram it down other people's throat. It's generally not appreciated or taken too kindly.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #43
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Are you sure you're not waify? I'm 6 foot and 170/175 and I don't even look slightly overweight. I have a somewhat v shaped torso, but a lot of people will say that I'm pretty skinny. If you weigh that much and are generally the same size as me, I'd be kinda creeped out as to how your physique looks. No offense.

I personally CAN'T go below 160 it seems. By the time I reach 160 pounds I start feeling really really sick unless I'm working out like a crazy mofo for 7 days a week.
No, I'm not waify, I promise. I won't even begin to look it until I hit like 130. Maybe it's because your weight is muscle mass. I don't have any muscles. Or maybe it's because I have big boobs.

Now I'm wondering if maybe you're weighing yourself wrong, ha.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #44
KontanKarite

Nope. The scales say 170/175. Then again, I thought you were male, so I guess that makes a difference.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #45
Pineapple_Juice

Ah, well I suppose that makes quite the difference then. Not a dude.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #46
Kij.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Who in the world does that?? o_0
Too many people to count on both hands and feet.
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #47
Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
The same sort of thing is happening in Australia, too much beer making a generation of pot-bellied goths.

Actually, get yourself one of those wide-brimmed hats with corks hanging off. Won't make anyone look evil but it'll draw a few funny looks! :P
lol fuck yea monty python

On a side note. How many people here would wear a cloak in the winter? I personally love my cloak and it would be much warmer... But I tend to be self-conscious and don't like people looking at me. If there are people who do that do the number of looks go down after awhile? (or do you just get used to it?)
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #48
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
My advice=black lipstick is bad.
Looks good on certain people, but most of the time it is too much.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #49
Arkana

I've used an exercise that seems to work.

Make a fist and extend the middle finger. Do this 4-6 times a week for better results.
Arkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
CountVonCount

Learn to not show emotion when confronted, keeping a look of general distate for the people around you (unfortunately the heckler's usually aren't perceptive enough to realize that means them). Respond to any satirical comments with likewise satire, making sure what you say is intellectual yet hits them far below the waist. Make sure you come off as far smarter than them but really couldn't give a shit about what they're saying, just the fact that they've distracted you for longer than a second.
The typical goth persona in movies and media as well as real life.
More often than not people heckle others as they don't understand and/or are not comfortable with anyone so different from themselves.
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote