Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #4401
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Versus, I agree! I love Judas Priest! ^_^

Have you seen their early stuff before they were leather-clad? They dressed like Queen.
I never really paid attention to it, but they're fucking awesome live, even as they get older. I almost got to see them, but they came by like 3 days before I got back from Iraq. I was pretty bummed out.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #4402
MissCheyenne

The Electronic 80's compilation CD I got this week is amazing.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #4403
Saya

I just got a Jehovah's Witness at the door for the first time. I feel like this is some sort of important milestone, I usually just get Mormons.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #4404
honeythorn

Fucking hell it's taken them this long to plague you? You've been lucky until now....

Sadly they will NEVER leave you alone. Unless you throw water/vegetable peelings on them or literally threaten to kill them as folk do round here. Then they put your address into a little book of the damned as a place to avoid.

Personally I found hanging a wicker pentagram in my bedroom window did the trick pretty quickly. That and hanging half naked out of the bathroom window when they knock, and bellowing "AY??" as though I'm hard of hearing.

They try to prey on the old people in the bungalows across the street instead now.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #4405
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Fucking hell it's taken them this long to plague you? You've been lucky until now....

Sadly they will NEVER leave you alone. Unless you throw water/vegetable peelings on them or literally threaten to kill them as folk do round here. Then they put your address into a little book of the damned as a place to avoid.

Personally I found hanging a wicker pentagram in my bedroom window did the trick pretty quickly. That and hanging half naked out of the bathroom window when they knock, and bellowing "AY??" as though I'm hard of hearing.

They try to prey on the old people in the bungalows across the street instead now.
Never encountered a Jehova's Witness in my entire life. The closest I've ever come is two guys in suits that came to my house that looked like they might have been Jehova's Witnesses but were in fact just well dressed local high school basketball players raising funds.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #4406
Saya

This guy was nice and pretty quick. He was just like, "we got new issues, want to take one?" And I did but now I feel kind of bad that I took them because it is pertinent to my academics and I might just have gotten his hopes up.

The Mormons crack me up, if its two dudes visiting, and I let them know there's no man in the house, they run away pretty quickly. Apparently they're not allowed to be alone with women folk.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #4407
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

For some reason I'm finding the idea of this little book of the damned hilarious.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #4408
Fruitbat

Quote:

They do leave you alone. I'm always polite. I answer their questions with a "I don't know, look I've only had three hours sleep and I don't have time to think about it okay."

Or else you just say "What? I'm sorry I wasn't listening."

Haven't seen them since.

Ohh but when they come around next time, I might ask them that if there was a zombie apocolypse then would a zombie go to heaven, but when would they go to heaven, after they were bitten or before you blew their zombified head off with a shotgun, or would the zombification of humans, be considered the end of days and then would God come along with his whistle and tell us all that the game is over?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #4409
honeythorn

Seriously over here they do NOT go the fuck away unless you do something to force them. Their door knockibng and pushy preaching and leaflet distribution, has occasionally been literally borderline harrassment in some cases. They usually turn up at around teatime as well, when most people have their evening meal.

Now... if it's a jehova custom to not eat at that time, that's fine, but they should respect the very well known fact that a LOT of other people are eating their evening meal at about 5-6 pm. To start knocking on doors and proselytising is rude in i's own right ( it makes me murderous ) , to do it when people are trying to have dinner is inexcusable.

And to fucking prey on old people? No.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #4410
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Seriously over here they do NOT go the fuck away unless you do something to force them. Their door knockibng and pushy preaching and leaflet distribution, has occasionally been literally borderline harrassment in some cases. They usually turn up at around teatime as well, when most people have their evening meal.

Now... if it's a jehova custom to not eat at that time, that's fine, but they should respect the very well known fact that a LOT of other people are eating their evening meal at about 5-6 pm. To start knocking on doors and proselytising is rude in i's own right ( it makes me murderous ) , to do it when people are trying to have dinner is inexcusable.

I would think they do it BECAUSE its tea time, what better way to catch a British person off guard than when they are consuming nice warm caffeine, while not consuming food at serious enough of a pace to be considered a full blown meal? Dinner time would fall under a similar slightly less effective target time. By doing so they catch you when you're most likely not busy, and most likely to have no polite reason to send them away, forcing you to either listen or be impolite and shoo them away.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #4411
Fruitbat

Quote:

Wow, they are pretty rude over there... If they did that in Australia, they would be deemed 'unaustralian' and banned from participating in the great australian pasttimes of BBQ's, Holden utes and meat pies.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #4412
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I would think they do it BECAUSE its tea time, what better way to catch a British person off guard than when they are consuming nice warm caffeine,
Nonono. teatime over here doesn't literally mean time to drink tes ( any more ) Teatime round where I live at least, is basically dinnertime when everyone eats. Not sure why it's now called tea time but well....it is. Though incidentally I DO drink a cup of tea to go with my dinner.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #4413
Fruitbat

Quote:
Nonono. teatime over here doesn't literally mean time to drink tes ( any more ) Teatime round where I live at least, is basically dinnertime when everyone eats. Not sure why it's now called tea time but well....it is. Though incidentally I DO drink a cup of tea to go with my dinner.
I call it tea (the last meal of the day), but then my parents were English. I think it is a carryover from the old dinner schedule, where you would have a high tea at about 3pm - which would see you through to supper at 8pmish before retiring for bed at 12 - well I think that's how it used to work.

HT So do you have morning tea and afternoon tea? Or do you call them something different?

Ren What do you guys in the US call your morning and afternoon breaks (you know where you get a coffee or a cup of tea or have a smoke or whatever).

Are you still allowed to smoke in offices? On planes/buses/in public places?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #4414
honeythorn

We dont have set mealtime in my house apart from the evening one ( tea ) Dinner is midday, anything before that is breakfast. Anything inbetween those times has no name for the time it;s eaten.

Speaking of eating, I found the most DRIBBLEWORTHY recipe last night.

SLUTTY BROWNIES.

Behold.

http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/slutty-brownies.html

I need mother to make these at some point because they look heavenly !
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #4415
Fruitbat

Quote:
We dont have set mealtime in my house apart from the evening one ( tea ) Dinner is midday, anything before that is breakfast. Anything inbetween those times has no name for the time it;s eaten.

Speaking of eating, I found the most DRIBBLEWORTHY recipe last night.

SLUTTY BROWNIES.

Behold.

http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/slutty-brownies.html

I need mother to make these at some point because they look heavenly !

Oh that sounds so much less confusing then over here.. Darn Aussies and their love of either taking the piss or claiming something as their own.

More flood warnings.... hmmm.. 11 years of drought followed by three straight years of wet summers, and some places being flooded 3 years straight. At least this year we have grasses, so the water is moving slower and hopefully not taking as much topsoil with it.

House looks like a chinese laundry

Old 03-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #4416
MissCheyenne

My sister bought me some vitamins to see if they help with my chronic tiredness and lack of energy and I have to say, I actually do feel a bit better than usual. I'm hoping that if I'm less tired and stuff, it'll help with the headaches. We shall see.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #4417
Alan

I've never liked hot drinks. Coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea...
And I don't understand people who like them.
But only today I realized that obviously that has to partially be because I live in the desert, and having applied to colleges in cold cities, I'm gonna have to change that eventually.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #4418
Solumina

Yeah living in a hot area probably has something to do with that, especially if you like iced coffee, iced tea, or chocolate milk. I, for one, don't like hot beverages if it is over 70-ish but in cold, dreary weather there is nothing better than curling up with a book and some hot coco.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #4419
Versus

Saya makes hilarious noises when she sleeps. That is all.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #4420
Solumina

Awwwwspooky text
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4421
Versus

I know, right?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4422
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
My sister bought me some vitamins to see if they help with my chronic tiredness and lack of energy and I have to say, I actually do feel a bit better than usual. I'm hoping that if I'm less tired and stuff, it'll help with the headaches. We shall see.
Have you had your thyroid checked out?

Low Iron levels?

Try different multivitamins as well... that can help.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #4423
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I know, right?
I'm imagining her sounding like my old cat who used to snore and make weird little happy sounds in her sleep.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #4424
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I'm imagining her sounding like my old cat who used to snore and make weird little happy sounds in her sleep.
Mostly unintelligible murmurs.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #4425
Solumina

Okay so not quite as cute as kitty snoring but still pretty darn cute
-Carbon Leaf