Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #51
Opteron_Man

i have a bad fucking time with putting on nailpolish! my technique sucks and i was wondering if there is a better way to put it on? Suggestions?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #52
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelldoo
I tell my nail biting clients to scratch bar soap, scratch it pretty well, even if you pick the soap out a residue stays under there that will taste nasty.
Wow! That actually works. ^_^!

x
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #53
Opteron_Man

the only way i could stop biting my nails was to begin painting them. thus the only way to keep them looking nice was to stop biting them.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #54
gothicusmaximus

I keep mine at a reasonable length, and I never paint them with any shade but black.
I'm totally enamoured with black nail polish, I may eventually experiment with other colors, but I'm sure that will remain the standard.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #55
Anguelon

I grew my nails before my wedding only to hit the middle on my grinder once by accident. I put acrylic nails , french manicure style. Usually, I can't grow my nails , I play guitar, I'm a clean freak not to forget I type alot. Besides, I love cooking and there's no way on earth that me or anyone else will go in my kitchen with long nails.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #56
thedoll

I leave them cm. or two long, and paint them this wonderful deep purple from OPI called Lincoln Park After Dark. I'm not that much of a nail polish freak but I am so in love with the color.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #57
Heatherzilla

My nails are flouro yellow and look revolting right now.

And for Opteron_Man http://www.waningmoon.com/nails/ has some tips to help you do your nails.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #58
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherzilla
My nails are flouro yellow and look revolting right now.

And for Opteron_Man http://www.waningmoon.com/nails/ has some tips to help you do your nails.
Yes, that link is great, it's where I learned to do my nails.

I've never gone to have a manicure, I do my nails all on my own. It's very easy to give oneself a manicure; all you really need to do is wash and soak your hands, use an emory board to get them where you want them, moisturize with hand lotion, apply clear coat and then paint them if you wish. Do that once a week and your nails will be beautiful.

Mine are short right now, but I'm in the process of growing them back. I usually keep them at four or five millimeters. I love painting my nails, always black with another color, most commonly dark blue, red, purple or white. Most often I paint them black and then make a stripe of another color down the middle, or paint them one color and then paint black over that, then use polish remover to scrub the black away until the other color is visible; it makes a neat pattern. And pointy, I always keep them pointy.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...ier/nails2.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...cier/nails.jpg

The pictures are from last year and they aren't quite clear, but you get the gist.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #59
psyches_reflection

I wear mine short, as they will not. I'm not allowed nail varnish in work, but when I do bother I prefer deep red, shiny light green, silver or black with glitter. I used to do very interesting things with my nails, such as stripes or butterflies, but I really don't have the time anymore :S
Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #60
Opteron_Man

i used to bite my nails. the only way i could stop was to start painting my nails.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #61
Lucretia_my_Reflection

I wear mine long filed into points and painted black
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #62
crucifix

mine do not extend beyond my finger tips and they are ink black. Milani black polish in black magic is the inkiest black I have used so far. Love it <#
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 AM   #63
VisciaDacia

I tend to bite my nails or else get annoyed by them if they are too long, so they never extend past my fingertips. I just keep them even and rounded and I have them painted in one of various shades of red (usually a bright pure red or a slightly blood-red color) almost all of the time. I don't really like black nail polish excepting the occasional desire to get some usage out of my bottle.
VisciaDacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #64
Eturnus_Frost

Long.

80% of the time they're painted black.

Other colors I'll use are: Blue, Green, Yellow, Brown.

I'll mostly use them to match other colors besides black that I'm wearing.
Eturnus_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #65
Noumi

Short and nude, It's so hard to keep 'em long when you play the guitar.... any advice here ?
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote