Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #101
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
It's clear there is a consorted effort on the part of more than a few members here.

So how long did it take you to get your heads together on this?
The word is concerted and no, none of this has been organized. You're just being an idiot who cannot defend his own position, and Gothic.net smells blood in the water.

Once again, your paranoia is getting the best of you.

What I find particularly interesting about this thread, is that when you are confronted with evidence which clearly contradicts the ideas which you hold, you don't really re-evaluate your position, you get combative and/or you don't answer the question. The thinking person doesn't respond with a "fuck you" or a "well you're just as bad as me" or a "what about THIS" to a genuine problem with his ideology, the thinking person is either able to defend his idea on it's own merits, or admits that his idea must be re-evaluated.

We have shown, over and over again, that Rand Paul's policies aren't going to help you and your family. We have also shown that you depend on thefederal government for your livelyhood.

So why would you vote for someone who's ideology demands an end to the programs which sustain you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #102
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Rand Paul Got the Nomination for Republican candidate for the November 2nd Sentate Race in Kentucky.

Now the people of this state have a fighting chance!
You really think THIS candidate, Rand Paul, is going to be a powerful force for change to help the people of Kentucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
We have shown, over and over again, that Rand Paul's policies aren't going to help you and your family.
Here's another example. In a recent public statement Dr. Rand Paul said he wasn't sure he could support Senator Mitch McConnell continuing to be the Republican leader in the Senate, indicating he'd have to see who the opponent was first.

That's the guy who's running as a Republican for the office of Senator from Kentucky saying he's not sure he can get behind the other Senator from Kentucky holding the most powerful Republican position in the Senate.

How can that be construed to be to the benefit of the citizens of Kentucky in any way? How exactly would that improve things in your state to have one of your two Senators lose his position of power?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #103
the-nihilist

Fuck you guys and your "evidence" and "facts." Just because you back up your arguments with credible sources of information, you think I should believe you? As far as I'm concerned, reality exists as I perceive it inside my head, thus you're all a bunch of god damned liars!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #104
Ben Lahnger

You're assuming we believe you exist.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #105
the-nihilist

Ben, you're the only one that can see my posts, and the fact that you can should be enough to convince you that you're not getting enough sleep.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #106
Ben Lahnger

I once had that thought and so I wrote a plug-in for my browser that automatically posts a response to your posts where appropriate ... where appropriate ... where appropriate ...

GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x8065be0: plugin_data_destroy return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x8065be0: GCJ_Destroy return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x8065be0: NP_Shutdown
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x8065be0: NP_Shutdown return

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #107
Despanan

Who the fuck are you talking to Ben?
Quote:
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #108
Ben Lahnger

Uh ... as it turns out, nobody. Um ... yeah.

But, hey, let's talk about that morally and politically challenged goofball, Dr. Rand Paul!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #109
Despanan

I finally got around to watching the Maddow interview (the Internet connection at my hotel blows). I'm actually surprised it was Paul who brought up the gun thing, I thought Deadman was just tying it into his fetish.

I think this whole fiasco ties into the "rebel without a clue" view of the Tea Party. If their superstar candidates continue this trend, they may actually wind up as a Republican liability.

The drummer I used to work with must be crying his eyes out now. He was one of those "Zeitgiest" Ron Paul and Lou Dobbs -worshipping, lower-income yet still tax-protesting nutjobs.

Probably creamed himself when Rand Paul got the nomination...and NOW...
Quote:
Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #110
Ben Lahnger

When you get a chance, watch her followup segment from last night:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...debate-goes-on

Her analogy to a tuning fork is brilliant.

And this morning, political pundits are all saying Rand Paul's correction of his position on the Civil Rights Act and desegregation of private businesses is all well and good, but is anyone really convinced he BELIEVES his new position? Ha ha hah!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #111
Ben Lahnger

Hey Deadman, just when I thought your candidate was going to get himself out of hot water ... guess what happened?

After Explaining a Provocative Remark, Paul Makes Another

SOURCE

WASHINGTON — Rand Paul, the newly nominated Republican candidate for Senate from Kentucky, touched off more controversy on Friday by calling the Obama administration “un-American” for taking a tough stance with BP over the company’s handling of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

A day after he was forced to explain remarks he had made suggesting he was not fully supportive of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, Mr. Paul set off yet another round of Twitter, cable television and e-mail chatter by lambasting President Obama and his aides for insisting that BP be held accountable — and pay — for the oil spill cleanup and damage.

“What I don’t like from the president’s administration is this sort of, ‘I’ll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,’ ” Mr. Paul said, referring to a remark by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar about the oil company. “I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business. I’ve heard nothing from BP about not paying for the spill. And I think it’s part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it’s always got to be someone’s fault instead of the fact that sometimes accidents happen.”

His Democratic opponent, Jack Conway, the state attorney general, has begun soliciting campaign donations by citing Mr. Paul’s recent statements. On the BP remarks, Mr. Conway said on Friday: “Rand Paul apparently has a deeply held conviction that corporations should be allowed to do what they see fit without oversight or accountability.”

Also in the Friday interview, on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Mr. Paul extended his belief that too much blame was being laid at the feet of business, by alluding to the deaths of 29 workers at a Massey Energy mine in West Virginia last month. “We had a mining accident that was very tragic,” he said. “Then we come in, and it’s always someone’s fault. Maybe sometimes accidents happen.”

By Friday afternoon, Mr. Paul’s campaign had canceled his scheduled appearance on Sunday’s “Meet the Press” program.

Dude, you want your guy to get elected this fall, you need to keep him away from TV cameras, reporters, the internet ... hell, if you hustle him off to a cave somewhere till November the unquestioning populace of Kentucky would probably vote him into office ... but not if he keeps opening his mouth.

Rand Paul is his own worst enemy!!!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #112
Ben Lahnger

Per the sentiment expressed in the first post in the ATTN: Gothic.net - a call to action thread, I am putting Deadmanwalking_05 on my ignore list and am no longer reading or responding to his posts.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,