Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
TheDomesticGothess

How Likely Are You To Order Custom Corsets, Etc Off the Net?

Just curious as I work on my shop tonight, I wanted to ask about how comfortable and/or likely you guys might be about buying custom corsets off the web and such? We have an online shop now and up until this little venture into the world of the internet almost all of my work has been ordered and purchased off-net. Now I'm finally trying to figure out this online merchanting thing. So far it's been interesting and pretty cool but I don't know how to reach out intended markets yet and I'm curious if people are actually keen to by something like this off the net or if they would only feel comfy doing so in a shop or in person. The corsets and such we sell on the net are the same quality we sell in stores and boutiques with the artificial whale bone and heavy weight linings but I'm not really sure yet if we'll meet the same success online as we do in shops. Advice? Opinions? Your favourite flavour of tea perhaps?
TheDomesticGothess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
Albert Mond

Will it help me keep shape?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
Cicero

I've ordered corsets off the internet, and know many, many people who've done the same. As long as you show a lot of pictures from all different angles and are very specific about measurements, there shouldn't be any problems. Having lots of customising options is also a plus.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

I ordered my corset on the web.
trashydiva.com
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #5
TheDomesticGothess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Will it help me keep shape?
Do You mean with it cinch you? If so, yes. The artificial whale bone is really flexible but still firm enough that it recreates the effect of a Victorian corset. I wouldn't say this is for the hardcore bodyshapers who tight lace but I can use heavier materials upon request if needed.
TheDomesticGothess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
lied

Frankly speaking I dont buy clothes from internet. I like to touch the fabric, see quality of the piece with my own eyes.
In my country this is not common. Most people have to try the clothes to buy it.

But as it is a lot of people do it worldwide. Some countries more than others.
Take advantage of that. Specify all info very well and I think you won't have problems, just profit!
lied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Solumina

I know plenty of people who have bought corsets over the web (and am in fact planning to do so myself fairly soon)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
RavenHallows.

I've bought one corset online, yet I must say, thanks to my relavantly huge corset-fetish, I still perfer seeing them lined on the racks, being able to feel their structure with my fingers, trying them on to find the perfect one et cetera..
Only thing I find a bit sad is, that although there's a huge variety of all kinds of corsets in gothic shops.. if one wants a real half-boned corset(the kind that really creates that lovely hourglass-shape, not the ones made soft to be comfortable. Comfort in terms of corsets is overrated, in my opinion), custom made, then one has to pay at least 200 euros for it. Oh well...
RavenHallows. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
chelseagirl

I've bought custom corsets online from:

altered-tyme
House of Worship
Meschantes
Starkers
Ritualistic Designs

I've been very happy with all of them. I've actually never bought one in person from a shop.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #10
Flashy_Band_Geek

I'm sorry for asking, but what is a corset?
Flashy_Band_Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
~~Auriel~~

Corsets- actual corsets are hard to come by in my area so I have to buy online. You can find some good deals on eBay, for some sacrifice in quality. I'm planning on making my own as soon as I get something to put the rivets in the back.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy_Band_Geek
I'm sorry for asking, but what is a corset?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corset
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote