Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #76
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I tend to eat <snip> swedes
Mmmmm, norwegian cannibals.. how delicious. So, do we taste better than, say Danes?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #77
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
God damn, I thought this stupid shit ended weeks ago... I'm calling quits on this fight with Necro, it's stupid as fuck.
It is stupid. You're supposed to point at it and laugh. It doesn't mean to be the dumbest fucking member of GNet but we're not here to educate it. It's here for our entertainment.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #78
KontanKarite

Honestly guys, if you want to be smaller, then eat like you're that size. In other words, figure out what weight you want to be at. Say you're 220 pounds and want to be 190. Then eat the amount of calories needed to maintain a 190 pound body instead of a 220 pound body.

You can do that and virtually be sedentary. You'll still lose weight. The trick is to create a caloric deficiency that's potent enough for good weight loss but doesn't trick your body into thinking that it's starving.

So say you eat 2000 calories a day. Just eat 1500 calories a day and replace that 500 calorie shortage with lots of water like everyone is saying.

Also, make your biggest meal, breakfast. Your smallest meal SHOULD be dinner if you think about it because your metabolic rate is going to straight crash when you go to sleep. Big breakfasts, small dinners, reasonable lunches, and a snack between meals. Just make sure that you still have that calorie deficit in check throughout the day and do your best not to go beyond that point.

Hell, you could do JUST that and lose a pound of fat in a week by just sitting on your ass. The great thing about it is, that's going to be fat loss and not water weight or muscle loss.

Honeythorn, you lost 7 pounds in a month? I think you're on a DAMN GOOD track then. Keep it up. Think about that. You're 7 pounds lighter so far and do you really feel miserable other than not being at your target weight right now?

Another thing, guys. It's really not a diet change, it's kind of a lifestyle change. Just eat right and stay conscientious about your intake and don't WORRY about being thin tomorrow. Just be healthy and happy about that. Honestly, in about 6 months, everyone here could transform completely. 6 months is not long at all.

I would also agree with Judge and Ophie. I mean... Ophie has a rockin' bod and I'm willing to bet it's because she follows her own advice.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #79
Tam Li Hua

Kontan: I am starting to eat better and such, but I -need- to be active so I don't feel like I'm turning into a vegetable. ^_^;;

I used to have to walk a total of 40 minutes a day back and forth from the bus stop to work before I got married. After that, we bought a second car, and I gained FAR too much weight and lost a bit of my bod. I'm-a wantin' it back.

As for me, I'm 233 lbs. right now, and, ideally, I want to get down to 160. I know that's a lot, so my main goal right now is to at -least- get down below 200, which shouldn't be difficult if I just eat right, don't drink cola, and use the treadmill a lot. ^_^

Today, though, I was starving at lunch, and feeling a little light-headed, so I ate some of last nite's limas and had a sandwich with ham, salami, and cheddar. [I don't know if this was good or not, but it made me feel a lot better. ^_^]
Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #80
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
It is stupid. You're supposed to point at it and laugh. It doesn't mean to be the dumbest fucking member of GNet but we're not here to educate it. It's here for our entertainment.
Hahaha whatever dude.

Whilst you still sit on your ass drinking beer, I'll be at Cambridge getting a fucking degree.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #81
Duane

HA HA HA, look at Necro the idiot, ha ha ha!

Better Tek?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #82
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Kontan:

As for me, I'm 233 lbs. right now
We're roughly the same weight .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #83
Necrophagist

Duane, you're a tool. Seriously.

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #84
tekajo

You very well may be at Cambridge getting your degree, but you forever will play the role of the retarded spiteful court jester. Here as well as in real life.

I guess if I were of the Cambridge degree breed I'd type "fail" right about now.

Dare not think for one moment that you have any inkling of who I am, Little Jester.

Run along now.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #85
Mealla

Eat small meals or snacks throughout the day as you feel hungry instead of three big meals, as someone else stated. Also, stay away from soda, sweets, and fried foods. Try to eat more poultry or seafood instead of red meats. Veggies and fruits are also good, though stick to what you like, and be sure you're getting plenty of exercise.

Stay away from fad diets, low-carb, etc., as you'll gain the weight right back as soon as you start eating normally again. Stick to changes in your diet that you know you can keep up with. You can still eat the foods you like, just be sure you get enough exercise, and try to stick with the healthier foods you happen to like.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #86
Minyaliel

Necro - you didn´t get the point. At all.

Meth - *gasps for breath during hysterical laughter* Oh dear, I don´t know, I´ve never um, eaten a Swedish person before. xD Hihihihihi... *gigglefacepalm* (You just made my day. Seriously. But what I was originally referring to, just to make that clear, was this rather bland vegetable.)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #87
Solumina

It looks like a turnip.

If you are trying to slim down then you really shouldn't aim for more than 1-2lbs a week, anything more than that really isn't healthy to sustain.

For those of you who are adding exercise to your day: strength training will burn more calories than cardio and build more muscle, which raises your metabolism and helps you to burn even more calories. Also as odd as it sounds fidgeting will help you to burn a surprising number of calories over the course of the day and one of the best exercises out there is laughter, it works your whole core (including your lower abs which can be kind of obnoxious to target) and really improves your mood.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #88
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
It looks like a turnip.
Its what I call a turnip, I only found out recently that its not actually a turnip but a rutabaga.

And Minyaliel, I hate you. I can't find avacadoes anywhere.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #89
Duane

Going to take a long ass time, but by summer... heh heh heh. Brushing up on some Romanian, Russian, Polish, and Brazilian sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #90
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Going to take a long ass time, but by summer... heh heh heh. Brushing up on some Romanian, Russian, Polish, and Brazilian sounds like a good idea.
Maybe first learn that Brazilians don't speak Brazilian, dumbass.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #91
Duane

I mean, Portuguese. What the fuck am I thinking, anyway, eem gun loin dis lungage, end det lungage 2 geet vit cheeks, ha ha...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #92
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Maybe first learn that Brazilians don't speak Brazilian, dumbass.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ace!

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #93
Duane

It was a minor mistake.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #94
blackwater1110

Avoid sugar-free shit. To give it a sweet taste, companies invariably put aspartame or another artificial sweeter in their product, some of which have been linked with cancer. Your body responds to the sensation of "sweet" by sending acid to the stomach to break down the sugar. When there is none there, your brain starts telling you to eat some sugar so that acid isn't sitting in your stomach. So in the end, you'll probably give in to binges and gain weight.

There is an adaptive period between the time you renounce sodas and the time water starts to taste good again to you. It's the only thing your body wants to hydrate itself with, and man has never come up with a worthy rival. The problem is that soda can be addicting and so quitting can be somewhat difficult psychologically. You need to remember that your body is constantly filtering out toxins and renewing itself, and dumping syrup into it is doing it a huge disservice and is an easy way to die young or give yourself a life-threatening disease like diabetes. Try drinking it very cold if taste is a problem for you. After your taste buds accustom themselves to it, you will be able to distinguish between water sources and begin to enjoy it more. Try to drink 8 glasses a day. At first this will seem like a lot, but I found that eventually I was compelled to drink more water.

Eating high-fiber foods is a must. Your body expends 7 calories in digesting 1 gram of fiber. If you check nothing else on a products nutritional info, check its fiber. There are so many types of bread, for example, that are nothing but wheat gluten--this is awful. Get bread with 3 grams of fiber per slice. Whoever said eating oatmeal is also right--it has both high fiber and protein.

After your body has been asleep for 8 hours, your metabolism is really low and you need energy quickly. Make eating soon after waking a priority, and the rest of your day should be easier because your body has been given the tools necessary to start up right.

Generally, the old saying has it: eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner. The huge caveat here is: stop when you are full. It is more of a guideline than a rule. In fact, many "naturally" thin people are constant snackers. The key here is to separate your hunger (physical need for food) from your appetite (psychological desire for food), and learn to gauge when you are truly hungry (a slight pang or gurgling from your stomach are signs that it is time to eat).

When you eat your food, chew very, very slowly. Chew each bite of food 100 times before swallowing. Not only does this allow you the time to recognize when you are full, but it helps your body's digestion.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope some of it is helpful.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #95
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Its what I call a turnip, I only found out recently that its not actually a turnip but a rutabaga.
Trust me it's a swede. I made lanterns out of them at halloween when I was a kid. They don't taste bad either if you do them right.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #96
nis~sijai

Something really good to snack on are baby carrot sticks, just whatever you do don't put ranch on them - even the light variety can sabotage your diet.
nis~sijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #97
Scareebowfairy

Ok here's what I did.
I went to the library and got out a whole heap of those cheesy exercise dvds where the trainer over exaggerates her enthusiasm in the workout.
Then I did one every day before tea. I like them cause your at home and can look like as much of an idiot as you like.
A word of caution. If your prone to putting on weight easily, stay away from greasy fast food. only have it on rare occasions. As a treat.
And that really worked for me. I went from an Australian size 16 to a size 12, and I'm still losing weight! But you have to put in the effort, no slacking off!
Underwater Ophelia is right about skipping meals. It will only make you more hungry, for bad food.
Also losing weight takes time it doesn't happen over night.
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #98
Tam Li Hua

nis~sijai: Our local grocery store sells baby carrot sticks in individual snack-size packets, and I LOVE them! Much much better than a bag of potato chips. :P

blackwater: I don't really enjoy the taste of aspartame, but seriously, it's -always- been difficult for me to drink straight water. I crave it very occasionally [moreso after exercising a lot], but in general, I need -something- to flavor it with. I like the idea of putting in a bit of lemon juice, though. ^_^

I'm all for eating slowly, and usually I need -something- in the morning to get me started, but I'm not sure about the 100 times for each piece of food. That may be a bit -too- slow for my taste. Thank you for your advice, though!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #99
Tam Li Hua

Scareebowfairy: That's been a weakness of mine in the past, but more due to time constraints and such. Just grab a #1 at the local fast-food place and chow down.

I'm breaking out of this habit now, or if I -do- get something quick, it's a premade salad of some sort. ^_^

nis~sijai: I -despise- ranch dressing. BLECH!! Seriously, I can't even stand the smell of the stuff! >___<
Old 02-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #100
Solumina

Watch out for those fast food salads, some of them actually have loads of fat. For example a caesar salad at the Chick-fil-A on campus has about 19 grams of fat but a chargrilled chicken sandwich only has 3, while giving you 27 grams of protein to sustain yourself.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote