Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #5776
punkirony

Holy crap. I forgot all about the Dominatrix Queen thing. The 3 queens rule over all you tiny folk. *whappah!*
Old 03-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #5777
punkirony

It was lovely dropping by. Everyone have a lovely few ... whatevers. Hours, days, weeks. Hmmm ... Bye bye. =)
Old 03-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #5778
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
Ben - What is the countdown in your sig for? Just curious.
Magpie, it's the average lifespan of an American male - 26,280 days

And time is passing sooo fast - tick, tick, tick ...

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #5779
winged_dreams

I spend three hours writing five essays for my Origins in Literature class. I hate the teacher by the way. And then he tells he can't read my hand writing!! I tried to write big. >_< I got to type up the essays but still...my hand writing isn't that bad.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #5780
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Magpie, it's the average lifespan of an American male - 26,280 days
more lost time...
The typical American driver spends 51 hours sitting in traffic each year.(International Telework Association and Council (ITAC); MSNBC)
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #5781
winged_dreams

I hate traffic and I hate major highways! I also hate driving.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #5782
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I hate traffic and I hate major highways! I also hate driving.
I hate the people who don't understand how to use a turn signal. Arggh!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #5783
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Heh, you noticed that too E_E?
i did. it's disheartening, to say the least - not because people are looking at reject in a different light, necessarily but because it highlights the reason why, for example, a defense attorney encourages a murderer to shave, cut his hair and take a shower before his day in court. physical appearances and aesthetics really do make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
Ah, the adult challenge of delaying self-gratification. But, E_E, based on your posts here I think I know you in some general way. And I get the impression that when you look at your wonderful wife and those beautiful children, it really isn't that hard a choice. Because seeing them happy makes you happy ... and that is why you are a great dad.
i do put my family first in most respects but i'll tell you - i've always harbored a vision of where i would be in life at a certain point. of late, i've had to re-evaluate my aspirations and belief of how and where i intended to live life.

no matter. time to clench my jaw and close my eyes. maybe later, after the kids grow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnguela
E_e, does that mean I shouldn't go look at the pic? I don't like him and I don't want to like him. I very much doubt that his aesthetic will change my opinion of him.
i'm glad you reacted the way i believed you would. if you'd felt any differently, it would have confused me about the person i've come to believe you are.

and to be clear - i harbor no ill will toward reject. i don't agree with the way he sees the certain things in the world but that's his business, not mine.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #5784
winged_dreams

*dances* I'm going to be taking Human Sexuality this summer! I'm so freaking excited. That's a psychology class in case you weren't aware.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #5785
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
and to be clear - i harbor no ill will toward reject. i don't agree with the way he sees the certain things in the world but that's his business, not mine.
I admit that things got out of control by me making an ass out of myself. But as I was told:"It's the way you're saying it".

I never want to repeat the way I started off on this forum,so I'm going to be tolerant of other opinions and views. And since I don't want to appear as if I'm just agreeing with everyone to 'fake it',if I disagree with a topic or statement...I can find better(More proper) wording to use then what I did before.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #5786
edible_eye

fair enough, darkangel.

i just found it funny (as in odd and interesting) that after a few days of members expressing escalating outrage over words used, beliefs expressed, offended cries, nasty comments, and ignore buttons galore against reject_bunnies - he posts a pic and BAM! - opinions change and ignore buttons start to click off.

i'm not passing judgement on anyone. i'm not even calling anyone out specifically. i'm just observing behavior and making a comment about it. that's it.

i do think highly of many members here, but my opinion is mine and mine alone in terms of its importance. my opinion of others is not out there to elevate or degrade anyone. it's just an opinion.

multiple studies have been done to prove the calming effect of a pleasant facial structure. people are naturally drawn to someone who displays attractive features. in a clinical sense, i just saw that effect blossom here unsolicited. it fascinated me.

somewhere in the back of my mind, i have a memory burned deep within my cortex of a murder that took place in a small town somewhere in midwestern u.s.a. it happened in the 80's when heavy metal was alive and flourishing. the kid who committed the murder was a well dressed, well-manicured kid - an all american boy, of sorts. his lawyer was on television in front of the news and said something i'll never forget - "look at this kid. he's well dressed with short hair and good looks. does he look like the kind of kid who would do something like this? he's not one of those heavy metal types."

the case itself lived and died on the news within a day. there were witnesses who saw the kid kill the girl or boy or whoever it was that was murdered - and the kid was found guilty. what stuck in my head, though was that one point, what the lawyer said on national television which was, in effect - look at this kid. he can't be guilty because he looks innocent.

granted, reject_bunnies has his own opinions on matters of life and like i said - they're his to have. it's a free country. it's certainly not my place to tell him what he should or should not believe. i didn't agree with much of what he laid down but hey - that's life. others took greater issue with his words. and an innocent-looking face smoothed the turbulent water.

that's interesting. it is to me, anyway.

i certainly didn't mean to hurt you, darkangel. that wasn't my intention on any level.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #5787
edible_eye

good luck, eyes.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #5788
Sanctus Dei

reject bunnies... reject bunnies...

Nope can't say I give a rats blue balls about whom ever that happens to be, I tend to block out assholes.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #5789
Ben Lahnger

Ummm ... I was on a Tanqueray and Tonic binge once ... for about 3 years!

Then one day I ordered one at the bar, took a taste and thought "What the hell have I been thinking. This shit tastes like pine needles!"

Well, it tasted good up until that day, and then my taste buds turned. Haven't drank Tanqueray since. So I'll just tip a Crown and Coke to toast your happy evening!

And Geisha, at least so far as one can detect the intelligence, personality and soul of another on the internet, I think you are very pretty.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 03-04-2006 at 09:00 AM. Reason: umm ... alcohol and spelling don't *hic* mix!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #5790
Godslayer Jillian

*sigh* I'm tired of being so petit.
Everytime new merchandise comes to the stores, I have to rush and buy everything I find that is size S, nad it still fits me very loosely.
Even some things in the kid's section is too big for me, plus the clothes in the kid's section look very childish obviously. They don't make a lot of black pants for kids.
I wish I would have learn to sew my own clothes

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #5791
Gnossos

Xnguela, why did you join a sorority?

I'm just curious. If it's been addressed in a previous thread, let me know.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #5792
Ben Lahnger

Geisha, watched 'em.

I'm glad "Crash" won Best Picture. Partly because I thought a movie about race relations was more important than a film about two gay cowboys. But mostly because I've been a fan of Paul Haggis' work since he created the TV series "Due South", which I adore.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #5793
Reject_Bunnies

....The "Dorky" Sorority?

{"Peeves" thinks Wisconsin is boring}
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #5794
edible_eye

i want to be a one-man horny fraternity living in the skanky sorority house.

that'd be hot.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #5795
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Yeah, you know, all sororities and fraternities have different stereotypes associated with them.
But isn't drinking and/or partying associated with *all* of them?
Well,except the dorks...they spend all their time studying(stereotype)
Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #5796
Reject_Bunnies

I just have this image in my head of sororities being full of beutiful kaki pants and sweater people,toasting each other as they plan for the next shopping outing. Maybe those are only in California. I can't believe everything that's on television.

{And way to go on only drinking in moderation}
Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #5797
Reject_Bunnies

It just hit me that I should be asking you what your major is,what are you studying to become at your fine University?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #5798
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Do you think I could make a living arguing?
..Let me think about that one for a minute.Yes.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #5799
edible_eye

welcome back, juliet.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #5800
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Surely they don't allow undersage drinking at college.
You're making too much sense again
Closed Thread