Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Onyx

Advice needed.

I'm trying to decide on a new hair style. Here's me, on the right.

Here's what I'm thinking about. Style of dress this would be going along with is mostly corpgoth.

What do you think? Have any suggestions?
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Malice In Wonderland

Looks pretty emo.
Get a deathawk.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Duane

You could just get some gel, rubs some on the sides and just mess it up there. The mess up the hair in the back while making a little line of spikes in the center. Then mess up a bit of the hair on top with some more gel and then make a bikg line of spikes on top... I call it Duane Bed Spikes.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Onyx

I live in Missouri and have to go by a corporate set dress code so anything to out there is out of the question. Forgot to mention that I'd be leaving the purple streaks out.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
Duane

Then I'll be sure, when I tour there some day, to dress half in knight armor, wearing a frilly pink tutu, a leather jacket, with a Windy's girl wig and Rainbow colored Mohawk made from the same wig.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Then I'll be sure, when I tour there some day, to dress half in knight armor, wearing a frilly pink tutu, a leather jacket, with a Windy's girl wig and Rainbow colored Mohawk made from the same wig.
Haha, I'll have to unhook the bowl from my gas mask and join ya! A couple of the guys I work with make chain mail between calls and it looks interesting. Was thinking of starting out small with some mail bracers and choker. Maybe work my way up to a shirt. Need to take off a few pounds before the shirt's an option though. Missouri isn't kind to my waste line.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Onyx

Been thinking a lot of doing my hair undercut. I've always liked having longer hair so maybe undercut with top that comes to my cheek bone or maybe just below the eyes? Could use that for a good corporate look and at the same time spice it with some gel/hairspray or some dread extensions for my favoured industrial look during Halloween or trips to visit the family back in New Orleans.

Only problem is I have pretty fine hair. Think I could pull it off?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #8
Needlefeet

Pfft. Go skinhead. Or just shave the sides and leave it down for work. That's not TOO extreme?
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:30 AM   #9
Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
Pfft. Go skinhead. Or just shave the sides and leave it down for work. That's not TOO extreme?
Don't think shaved would look to good on me. The shaved on the sides/back was what I was thinking of. Can leave it down for work and either spike it or put in some dread extensions.

Maybe I'll just leave it like it is now. Front/sides come a little lower than my cheek bones and a touch longer in the back. Hair is such a touchy thing to mess with when you live in a rural conservative area. Like when I first moved up here from New Orleans. Had long beautiful hair that reached midway down my back. A month and about 60 job applications later landed me in the hair salon for a cut. Poor lady had it pulled back to make the first cut for like 5 minutes asking me over and over "are you sure?", looking like she was about to cry over cutting my hair.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #10
Needlefeet

Wow, I feel sorry for you dude.
Yeah, come to think about it you probably wouldn't. Have you got a bigger picture per chance?
But yeah, try the shaved sides at least, a bit off the lower part of the back and just do some weird looking Voltaire style thing but more... shaved.
Damn this is getting me thinking about what to do.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
Wow, I feel sorry for you dude.
Yeah, come to think about it you probably wouldn't. Have you got a bigger picture per chance?
But yeah, try the shaved sides at least, a bit off the lower part of the back and just do some weird looking Voltaire style thing but more... shaved.
Damn this is getting me thinking about what to do.
Lemme dig through my girl's digital camera. There may be one on there of me that she snuck that doesn't look to horrible. Pictures of me are hard to come by. Only reason that one exists is because it was the dude in the centre's (very good friend of mine) birthday and he wanted a picture with me at his birthday party.

If there isn't I'll have her take one and put it up later.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #12
Onyx

Looked at the original and myspace resized that one. Here's a link to the original. http://img229.imageshack.us/i/45031100.jpg/
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
crucifix

honestly, I dress mostly formal inspired or corp goth and my hair was a neck length bob for the longest while. I cut it all off because it was so damaged and because of a botched trim and it now kinda looks like that, just a little more subdued and flat. Try going for a sleek look. I know that a big outrageous haircut wouldn't go with workclothes, if you really do dress corp goth for a job or for a personal preferance for it (like me, I am both). I don't know about the purple, I work in a pharmacy and they always told me that I can dye it any color, but it has to be a natural color. Mine is currently black because even though it is dyed (I am a natural blonde) hair can be naturally black. Also, depending where you work, you can have some liberty with red. I have been all shades of red because technically hair can be naturally red. Just don't get too funky if you have to be corp goth for work. Keep it smooth, sleek and not too out there, because sadly, sometimes we have to sacrifice and tone it down so we can earn a paycheck. But I don't mean be boring, just adjust to fit your time in life without losing your self expression. When I got my job, I had to lose my purple spiked hair and go for a sleeker, black do.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Needlefeet

Why not just cut it a little shorter? Not quite as short as shown in the picture you posted but in between, y'know? It might suit you.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
I'm trying to decide on a new hair style. Here's me, on the right.

Here's what I'm thinking about. Style of dress this would be going along with is mostly corpgoth.

What do you think? Have any suggestions?
I think it would look good on you. It looks like your face is more heart shaped so maybe have lamb chops. Those are the big burns? Perhaps leave the lenth in the back slightly longer.

http://creatingconfidence.blogspot.c...hairstyle.html

Look up face shape.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
Onyx

Thanks for the advice. As for face shape. My primary heritage is Italian, 50% Italian, and Slavic, about 25%. The rest is euromut blend of German, Irish, Scottish, Jewish and who knows what else, though the Jewish is really Slavic converts. A friend spent some time in Russia said my lower face shows a lot of Slavic.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
Catch

You're welcome. Glad it helped.