Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #251
Saya

I know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #252
honeythorn

It's like...quasi-latin dancing crossed with aerobics...ish. I feel and look like the worlds greatest TWAT doing it, but I'm sweating buckets by the end so it's doing something useful I hope.

There are videos on youtube. Here's one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-myAV...eature=related

The routines vary depending on who teaches you and what releases they've done. The one I do isn't the one in the video above but has some moves I recognise. That one there is probably an earlier release or something.

I also do LesMills Bodyattack and BodyPump classes ( again, vids on youtube of those ) and though Zumba is not as high speed as Bodyattack, the moves are so different that it shocks the body and really makes me sweat and tire.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #253
Versus

Uh... I'll stick with a jump rope and sprints for cardio.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #254
Grausamkeit

Biking, biking, biking, keep that fatass biking, rawhide!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #255
honeythorn

*sigh* Legs bums n tums ( medium impact aerobics basically )

I need to fix my bike so I can ride it to work when the weather warms up. Needs the tires pumping up and a new saddle. I saw some big squidgy wide arsed saddles in Clas Ohlsen so I think that's the one for me and my texas sized rear end.

I should get a wide load sign while I'm at it, it'll make the motorists laugh and possibly not mow me down.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #256
Saya

I really want to bike, but we have few bike lanes here and drivers here are INSANE and don't know fuck all about rules of the road. Most people on bikes ride on the sidewalks for fear of their life.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #257
Fruitbat

I'd rather walk than bike ride. Maybe that's because I had a huge stack when I was a kid (11ish) and broke my nose.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #258
Purepsycho

I play roller derby and walk my 2 border collies so even tho i am overweight, i'd say i'm fairly fit. I managed to pass the 25 laps in 5 minutes skills test in roller derby the other week with 27 laps which i was well pleased about, but i work 12 hour shifts sat on my bum which does counter my exercise sometimes if i'm having a slow week! lol - i also like riding my bike but don't really get time for that much.
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #259
Valhalla

^^ Helloooooo Purepsycho. Please reassure me that with time and patience I will eventually learn how to stop on roller skates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I really want to bike, but we have few bike lanes here and drivers here are INSANE and don't know fuck all about rules of the road. Most people on bikes ride on the sidewalks for fear of their life.
Not to mention at some places the bike lanes just end in the middle of a street. What are you supposed to do, turn back around?

I'm planning to start biking in the summer, but I'm probably going to stick to the sidewalk. I'm too scared to actually ride a bike in traffic, and like you said, bike lanes here aren't the safest.

And in case you haven't heard, MUN is having some kind of bike rental program.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #260
Purepsycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
^^ Helloooooo Purepsycho. Please reassure me that with time and patience I will eventually learn how to stop on roller skates.
DEFINATELY!! Practice makes perfect, we've had girls in our group who hadn't even skated in their life and a few months down the line they are doing perfect crossovers and T-stops. Keep at it, how long have you been skating?
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #261
Versus

Started my training montage.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #262
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Started my training montage.
and?????

You HAVE to post the link on here!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #263
Valhalla

I rode a bike for the first time in at least 7 years. Rode it to/from school. And by from school I mean I rode it a little ways home then had to walk it up the hill to my house because I'm so out of shape.

I want to start swimming more. I was going to start that today but I'm ridiculously tired so it can wait.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #264
CuckooTuli

I caved and smoked last night, and am now feeling the need to purge the hangover with some kind of proper excercise - might walk the hour and a half to the village to catch up with a friend later. Wandering fields with Creedence on the Ipod... that ought to do it.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #265
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I caved and smoked last night, and am now feeling the need to purge the hangover with some kind of proper excercise - might walk the hour and a half to the village to catch up with a friend later. Wandering fields with Creedence on the Ipod... that ought to do it.
Did you walk?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #266
Grausamkeit

I bike almost 5 miles, daily. Walk for 8-9 hours at work and lift heavy shit all day.

Who knew working in a deli was so strenuous?

I haven't been measuring or weighing myself,but my clothes are getting looser. My ass is nice and round, my legs are toned and my arms look good.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #267
Haejin

I've started alternating 1 hour cardio on the elliptical, with weight training classes... then yoga class once a week, and youtube pilates whenever I have free time. Then I usually take 2 days off on the weekend. I'm starting to see muscles that I never knew I had O.O
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #268
honeythorn

I think I might try and squeeze in gym cardio session on sunday mornings ( it's bodypump - weights class on sunday evenings )

I had a remarkably good Bodyattack class today ( high impact aerobics ).

I don't feel as entirely dead as usual, and even managed to do four squat jumps ( I do normal squats after those 4 ) . I won't do more than that though because it fucks my knees up due to how heavy I am.

Can't do sideways knee either. Lateral movements that involve even small amounts of jumping also give me knee-ache. I end up sort of hopping/crabbing sideways in a slightly monty pythonesque fashion, while everyone else does the knee.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #269
Valhalla

An update about my derby/active life (mostly because I know Fruit Bat will be excited).

Tonight was my last freshie practice, and my skills assessment is planned for the 1st of next month. I am 100% sure I'm going to fail my skills assessment this time around. Not to worry though. Four of the girls who are doing practice with me failed their skills assessment last time, so I don't feel bad.

I can do some things: All the falls, jumping, crossovers, one of the plow stops, I can whip. Not with a 100% success rate, but I can do them. But I can't T-stop, which is my main hurdle as of right now (cross overs used to be the scariest thing, but now I can always at least get one foot over the other). I can shoulder check no problem, but hip checks are hard for me. It might be because I'm really short/my legs are short, therefore I don't have much butt/hip reach.

The other problem I have is speed. We have to be able to do so many laps in 5 minutes (30 in the gym we use, it should be 35 but they're being nice to us). I was getting 21ish the week before last. My wheels that came with my skates were crap, but one of the girls gave me her old wheels and this week I got 26ish.

It's really weird to see myself actually progressing at something. Plus right now I'm in the best shape of my life. Which honestly isn't all that impressive of a shape, but I did go from couch potato to active. Even though it's only been 2 months my legs are rocks, and my butts getting all toned, which is nice.

What's not so nice is that my thighs are bigger. It is muscle, however it is discouraging that I've been getting in shape only to have my pants fit worse.

Besides finding a way to tone my thighs or something, I want to start working on my upper body. Why not go all the way and get arm muscles too?

Oh, and VERSUS, what happened to your training montage?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #270
Saya

Exciting! I'd love to do derby but even if I toned up I just don't think I'm aggressive enough. I'd be all like "excuse me, coming through! Oh, sorry!"

PS apparently we're getting more bike lanes! Particularly in the East End which is great for me.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #271
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Exciting! I'd love to do derby but even if I toned up I just don't think I'm aggressive enough. I'd be all like "excuse me, coming through! Oh, sorry!"

PS apparently we're getting more bike lanes! Particularly in the East End which is great for me.
I imagine you'd grow out of that when it came to derby. After falling on/being fallen on by other girls in practice by the time a bout came you'd be a non-polite machine.

I'm glad to hear it, more bike lanes is always a good thing. Apparently the mall doesn't have a bike rack. Doesn't that make no sense?

I live in central, so for the most part I have to deal with narrow streets lined with parked cars. If I'm biking to mun there's usually enough room that I can bike on the side of the road, but when it comes to the mall I just use the side walk. No way do I trust kenmount road on a bike.

I haven't taken my bike out for a while, now I'm wondering how far up hills I can get before I have to walk it.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #272
Minyaliel

I've decided to make an effort to become more active, as well. I'm going to play Zombies, Run. If a bunch of zombies chasing me can't make me move, then nothing will. Yes, I do have an overactive imagination. xD
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #273
Grausamkeit

I am currently happy with my body.

^_^

Old 09-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #274
Acharis

I am profoundly annoyed with my body. I wish I lived near the beach or next to a pool.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #275
Ellethwyn

I just started belly dancing, it's fun and is helping loosen my tight muscles. I like yoga for the stretching, and I walk nearly everyday, rain or shine.
Ellethwyn is offline   Reply With Quote