Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #201
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
There was a 4?!
Dude, where've you been? Silent Hill 4: The Room. Most tedious game evar!!111! but absolutely wonderful story to it, and the last real Silent Hill game.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #202
Catch101

Currently, Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero. But I want to be playing The King Of Fighters Orochi Saga Collection! Gah!
Catch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #203
SandyTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Dude, where've you been? Silent Hill 4: The Room. Most tedious game evar!!111! but absolutely wonderful story to it, and the last real Silent Hill game.

If the story, I still like SH2.About love, abandon, hatred, and regret.Silent hill is a clean place of sin,Everyone is the hell,except for the little girl.
SandyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #204
aperson

Right now fallout 3.
the silent hill games are awesome!!
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #205
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyTree View Post
If the story, I still like SH2.About love, abandon, hatred, and regret.Silent hill is a clean place of sin,Everyone is the hell,except for the little girl.
Oh yeah, SH2 was the best out of all of them, there's just so much you can read into it. But 4 gets an A for effort at least, it really went out on a limb and it was funny that you really had to remember back to SH2 about all those articles you read about Walter Sullivan, who was fucking scary.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #206
Needlefeet

Finished Assassin's Creed yesterday. Doing Halo 3 on Heroic now.
I need LIVE x.x
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #207
Saya

The Path, which is based on Little Red Riding Hood. I found the first chapter scary as hell, I could find the wolf but I couldn't find my way back to the path or grandma's house, and I thought the wolf might chase me or something if I got too close, but to my relief you can't die until you confront the wolf. The game is pretty artsy, and if you do get to Grandma's house without confronting the wolf, you get a happy ending but when it tallies your score it says you fail. You find various items around the forest and the point is to collect as many as you can so you unlock rooms in grandma's house, and then confront the wolf. There are six playable girls of various ages, and what the wolf is depends on their age. For the youngest, who doesn't understand what death is yet, it literally the big bad wolf. For the second youngest, who is in love with nature, it was a thunder spirit...? I'll have to go back and figure that one out and what that was supposed to represent. I'm playing the third youngest now and haven't confronted the wolf yet so I'm not quite sure what it is. Anyway, when you confront the wolf, you get a cut scene and the screen goes black, and you come to outside of grandma's house. When you go in everything is distorted and scary, depending on the girl. For the youngest everything was dark and torn up with claw marks everywhere, for example. And then you have a "bad ending" but you get a larger score and you win. I like it because its a great exploring game, not at all complicated, and I like that its making me think about how to interpret each wolf. The developers said that basically all the girls represent one girl at different stages of her life, and the wolf changes because of that, what scares us changes over the years. But in the end you have to face what you fear, so on and so forth. Or else life will be fucking boring, I guess. The music is awesome too.

That said I can see how someone might find it boring, it is a slow paced game.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #208
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Heh I've been considering posting a thread about the path for a few days now actually, it caught my eye while browsing steam games.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 AM   #209
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Heh I've been considering posting a thread about the path for a few days now actually, it caught my eye while browsing steam games.
It was definately worth the ten dollars to me, but I love games like that. Well, I usually like them faster paced but it was relaxing finding all the items after I realized the wolves don't chase you. I finished it just then actually! Was very nice.

And their website has a little more info:

http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/gallery.html

I liked after each profile there they had a "making of...", turns out my favourite, Rose, was inspired by Lain (from Serial Experiments Lain), yay! That would explain to me why I found her ending the weirdest XD
Old 07-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #210
SiouxsiePernova

Does anyone play "The Settlers"?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #211
Needlefeet

A LOOOOOONG time ago a mate's place a few times. It was fun : D
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #212
the-nihilist

I played Oregon Trail back in the day.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #213
Lord Whiskerton

Soul Calibur 3
Final Fantasy 3
Rune Factory
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #214
Saya

Man, I should find my Dreamcast, the first Soul Calibur was the shit.

I'm still horribly addicted to Sims 2, still trying to get through FFXII (Someone copied over my save file and I had to start from way back again >.< the part where you have to go around Bhujerba and pretend to be Basch), and getting a copy of Monkey Island 2 and King's Quest 6.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #215
Catch101

King of Fighters 94-98 Collection
Catch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #216
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom and Final Fantasy 8
Old 07-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #217
the-nihilist

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #218
SandyTree

KOF97 is my fav...Terry\Kyo\BENIMARU\IORI

FF8,eyes on me,classic RPG about love

DREAMCAST GAME,Soul Calibur,.Dead or Alive,莎木,Biohazard:Code Veronica,Sakura Wars,Langrisser............but DC's life is too short.........
SandyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #219
Saya

I got The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition XD I was playing it this morning, but I hate that part where you have to get grog and it melts through the mug if you don't make it to the prison in time. Its really good though, Guybrush looks dorky but the animation and voice acting is great. Laughed to kill myself when I heard the shopkeeper say "Ahoy there fancy pants!" I also got the first episode of Tales Of Monkey Island, will play it later on.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #220
msg_themoon

Resident Evil 5
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #221
Terminus

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

I'm not sure what to say about this game. The game mechanics are solid, the plotline is decent, but the levels... suck.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #222
msg_themoon

I played and beat Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots two weeks ago in three days. I was extremely frustrated with the cut scene length. That is why I am an angrier person, and I smoke more person of the badass hero Old Snake Smoking and saving the world. It's just advertising right there in front of you. For Kids. I dig that little big planet, its just a lot of tedious work. I do like that wrestling game mainly for the creation, but they just made the gameplay playable! i need that job at blockbuster/best buy bad!!!!!

I love you all!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #223
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Persona 3: FES
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Shin Megami Tensei 1 + 2
Demikids: Dark Version :3

Oh and, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #224
the-nihilist

Champions Online is awesome.