Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #26
brittany_legere

hi harry Potter is cool and I liked the new movie
brittany_legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #27
brittany_legere

Wink I like

wow I liked the parted when all the schools meet one another
brittany_legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #28
Auriane

The books are pretty good, and indeed growing with the characters.
The movies are nice to watch, but I'm always twitching at everything that isn't like in the books.
And I'm addicted to Harry Potter fanfiction. Honestly, some of those authors are better than Rowling.

And Alan Rickman is love ^^

Also, Snape isn't necessarily a bad guy. Here's a website that gives an account of why it is quite possible Dumbledore isn't even dead, and, if he is, why Snape might still be on the good side.
(Er, I should warn you that the person who wrote the website is quite obessive. Scarily so, actualy.)
www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
Auriane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #29
lizzy

Wow, harry and ron are actually sexy in that picture... I've read the books and have watched the movies, love them.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #30
Midnight_Terror

Which picture?
Midnight_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #31
lizzy

The picture about eleven replys up. Of ron, hermine, and harry being goth.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #32
Midnight_Terror

That's okf, I thought you meant the other one in which they both looked like retards.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #33
lizzy

Oh, lol. They look ugly in that one....
So, do you like HP?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #34
Midnight_Terror

Yeah, said I did above, I prefer the movies to the books. Even though there's a whole lot of the plot left out of them.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #35
lizzy

Oh, i didn't see your reply... true, they leave alot of good stuff out of the movies.
Although i enjoy the movies better because they keep my attention.
-Where is canberra?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #36
Lounar Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
WICKED! But I think the 4th one was a bit rushed through. They left out loads. S.P.E.W completely, and the house elves. And the Death Eaters did it all wrong. It would have been bloody brilliant if they actually put the Muggles in with the Death Eaters. But they looked awsome.
Lounar Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #37
Auriane

The movie was already 2,5 hours long as it was, I don't think they could have possibly crammed in more sub-plots.
I've heard there was a petition to split the movie in two, so more of the book could be incorporated, but I believe they didn't want to do that because the actore can only act 4 hours a day (being underage and all), and they're much too old for their roles already.
Auriane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #38
gothictuesday

I've not seen any of the movies, but the books, which I was sort of coerced into starting, turned out to be freaking hilarious. There are definitely a few points where some OOC stuff happened (for example early in the series when Hermione, the extremely studious and logical one, forgets a very simple spell), and in several of the books there's definitely a feeling of "Harry gets in over his head, and at the very end some adult saves his ass" (but realistically, considering he's a child fighting some very adult evil, what else could happen?). All in all, I enjoyed them immensely, but I saw a few minutes from the middle of one of the movies and the bad acting just shocked me so much I've no intention of giving them a fair viewing.
gothictuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM   #39
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil of Doom
No no no, you're all supposed to like Snape the best, because I look like Snape, and I said so.

...yes, I am a Harry Potter fan, but I'm sure given my numerous mentions of Snape, you've figured that out already.
LOL! Snape is definitely my favourite Professor. He is freaking hilarious!
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #40
Tall One In Black

The original plan was to make "Goblet of Fire" into two movies to be released a few months apart. But the director felt he could squeeze it into one movie, and they let him run with that misguided plan.

"The Order of the Phoenix" is also very long; I hope they don't butcher it up. Making two movies would be preferable, I think. It's hard to have any expectations since the screenwriter and director are both fairly inexperienced. Filming is supposed to begin in a month or two.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #41
~Nix Nightingale~

There are 7 books correct? I've just begun to read the first one..
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 AM   #42
rockandrose

Potter given a Harry up

To the Harry Potter fans, this is perphaps, a rumour!

"Harry Potter may die in the next book in the series because author J.K. Rowling wants to kill him off, it has been claimed.

Actor Jim Dale - the voice of the teenager wizard in the US audio books - believes the seventh and final instalment will spell the end for the popular Harry.

He made the astonishing claim yesterday after meeting the writer to discuss his voice characterisation of the role."

Source: MX Newspaper, December 7, 2005.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #43
~Nix Nightingale~

I think he's full of crap. Unless it's the end of the series. You can't really have a Harry Potter series without Harry Potter.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #44
~Nix Nightingale~

Oooooooh! The suspense is killing me... I hope it lasts.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:58 AM   #45
Midnight_Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy
Oh, i didn't see your reply... true, they leave alot of good stuff out of the movies.
Although i enjoy the movies better because they keep my attention.
-Where is canberra?
Hey yeah...Canberra is the capital of Australia, but back on topic. I Think that Harry and Voldemort will die together...you know in one last battle they'll both say "Avada Kadevera" at exactly the same time...well that's my theory because you can't have a harry without a voldemort.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #46
endemonidia

That picture reminded me of the fifty or so 'Hermione Queen of the GOTHS!' fanfiction stories that I've read over the last long time. Though it *is* one of the coolest bits of fanart manips that I've ever seen ...

To the person that said that Snape was evil: if you want me to get long-winded on you, I've got a long, long, *long* speech on how he isn't evil, he was just operating underneath a second (or possibly third) Unbreakable.

It comes down to: Dumbledore is old and eccentric but he's not senile. He wouldn't have accepted Snape's 'I've seen the error of my ways' spiel without something to back it up, for example veritisium and an unbreakable oath that he'd do what Dumbledore said. So when Dumbledore says 'kill me', he's really got no choice, has he? Remember the bit at the end of chapter 27 (p556 in UK hardback) when "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore"? Two experienced legimens look each other in the eye. There's more to this scene then what's on the paper . . . I'll shut up now. Gigabytes worth of meta-reading has left me scarred and unable to converse about fandom properly.

Back to what was originally being talked about: yes, I do like Harry Potter.
endemonidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #47
Draco Fan

I love HP, but Draco is my favrite person.
Draco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #48
Lounar Wolf

Yea, Draco is one of the BEST. And Fred and George are good too. Some reason I have a thing for twins. The twins and Draco are the best ever. I wore my Slytherin scarf today and everyone was asking why I like Slytherin. They all liked the goody goody two shoes Gryffindor.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #49
rockandrose

Please, can you wolf fans exchage email addresses or something?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #50
Lounar Wolf

Loads! Search it on google and you can find some, I'm sure of it. I've taken loads and you can only guess what I got. Slytherin! Something wrong with wolves???