Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #326
Jane13

Actaully, of the three shirts which I've ever owned from Hot Topic (junior high, people) two were made in the US, the other in Canada.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #327
SilentScreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Actaully, of the three shirts which I've ever owned from Hot Topic (junior high, people) two were made in the US, the other in Canada.
Oh really? Then I stand corrected.

A good friend of mine works at Abercrombie. I went in to visit him on his break and desided to look at the tags on some shirts that were on a front table. Not a damn one made in America. All like Moscow and places of the sort. It seems that Hot Topic actually has some dignity (is that the word I'm looking for?)
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #328
Jane13

I wouldn't use the word dignity... but I can't think of a better one
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #329
WolfMoon

Scruples, perhaps? But even that could be stretching it.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #330
winged_dreams

Yes, I do wear my fishnet shirt under other shirts. It would be silly to wear it by itself. My friend had given me a couple pairs of pants from Hot Topic (although they didn't fit me). I liked wearing them although I wouldn't spend the money. I do plan to 'bondage' up a pair of pants. I just love those bondage straps for some reason. So nifty. At least I think so. -_-*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #331
WolfMoon

They're cool, I like strappy things.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #332
Jane13

I was playing Yatzee! at my friend's house, and her parents were telling me that they forbade her older brother from washing his strappy pants in thier washing machine... not because of the fact that they didn't like them, but because the straps wrapped themselves around the axle I think they look neat on some people, others can't pull it off (others like me).
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #333
Sanctus Dei

I like straps and pockets... but it has to have a tight ass. I can't stand pants that waist just under my butt cheeks. (or anyone else for that matter... "I really don't care to see your spongebob boxers") I do like looking at the HT website for ideas of what I want to make though.. I really prefer making my own mierda muy loca...
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #334
WolfMoon

Yeah my HT pants(shame) are tight where they're supposed to be. I can't stand baggy pants on guys or girls. I should be able to see ass if I look at someone's ass!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #335
sessomeru/lover

so thats all
sessomeru/lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #336
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
I was playing Yatzee! at my friend's house, and her parents were telling me that they forbade her older brother from washing his strappy pants in thier washing machine... not because of the fact that they didn't like them, but because the straps wrapped themselves around the axle I think they look neat on some people, others can't pull it off (others like me).
Darn, I was expecting a juicy Yatzee! story after that intro.

Brother just needs to purchase a mesh bag to wash his pants in. I use mesh bags for all my strappy or long, stretchy items - bras and tights in particular - that would otherwise wind themselves around the agitator.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #337
Underwater Ophelia

Like some people on this forum, I don't really have a problem with HT itself, just the people who frequent it. You know the type, the people who get their entire wardrobes from there and then sneer at your homemade skirt and Bauhaus shirt...ugh.
The store itself doesn't really thrill me, anyway. Most of the clothing is made cheaply and yet very expensive, and gives off that vibe that just oozes trying-too-hardness.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #338
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Darn, I was expecting a juicy Yatzee! story after that intro.

Brother just needs to purchase a mesh bag to wash his pants in. I use mesh bags for all my strappy or long, stretchy items - bras and tights in particular - that would otherwise wind themselves around the agitator.
I use a 'Lingerie bag' for anything that could possibly wrap around the agitator in the Washing Machine..

You can get them at most Drug Stores and Grocery Stores, Jane.

I bet you could even find them at the Dollar Store.

I think that's the same thing as the mesh bag you use Tall One..

They're cheap and things get just as clean when you use them..

I have some crocheted items that get snagged too easily in the machine, and the bag works perfectly for things like that as well..

Uh.Yeah.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #339
Tall One In Black

Yep, mesh bag = lingerie bag. I got mine at the dollar store, 3 for $1. Woo-hoo!

For big items like bondage pants, you could use a mesh laundry bag.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #340
Jane13

I'll have to tell him that! Thanks!
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #341
WolfMoon

Ah mesh, is there anything it can't do?

I'll have to get one of those bags because I either hand wash or use a gentle cycle.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #342
NecromanticSunshine

I really don't know why everyone puts down Hot Topic. I got my start there. No, wait...I went to Gadzooks for my spiffy swishy pants first come to think of it. (You won't know what it is, it's shut down i think)

Anywho...That place was helpful. I could get thick arm warmers there when I was...erm...having problems. It's the only place I can find awesome platform boots with way too many straps (on clearance, of course). I got an awesome pair of boots with metal shinguards there on clearance. I got this way cute Sabbath Ragdoll stuffy from the Emily line there. Or my The Last Unicorn tshirt. Oh, and I absolutely love this velvet and lace victorian looking jacket I got for a wedding. I even payed full price.

Think about it...for kids with no transportation outside of their parents, It's a great store. It's even a great store still since they do have some great stuff there. You just have to look. And now they're getting some Gothic ****** style clothing after I've been going to thrift stores forever to try to make some of my own. (Purely Mana's influence)

Right...I think I'll stop now.
NecromanticSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #343
WolfMoon

We're all too olde to know WTF a Gadzooks is! I thought it was just an exclamation I used in grade school.

*rolls eyes*
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #344
Sanctus Dei

Wow... I don't think Hot Topic was around when I started... maybe in another state but not here, our first HT came when the MoA was built... since then (almost 10 years ago) I've been there less times then finger on meh hands. I prefered Ragstock, alot cheaper and better shit...
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #345
winged_dreams

Lucky. Hot Topic is the only real store around here that sells different clothes. There could possibly stores in Philly but I rarely go there.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #346
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I bought a shirt at Hot Topic once. It was Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot, standing over the Earth jamming a massive Union Jack into the surface. It was a remake of their Beast on the Road tour tshirt, if I'm not mistaken. In any event, I couldn't resist. Not only do I love Iron Maiden, but the image smacked of British Imperialism which I find fascinating. Still though, after reading some of the posts on this thread it seems to me that many of you are fervently anti-HT. I feel a touch guilty now. I'll go scourge myself with some chains as pennance for supporting them. Chains not purchased at Hot Topic, of course.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #347
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
I bought a shirt at Hot Topic once. It was Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot, standing over the Earth jamming a massive Union Jack into the surface.

I'll go scourge myself with some chains as pennance for supporting them. Chains not purchased at Hot Topic, of course.
No need to break out the chains..

Hot Asphalt will do just fine in a pinch..

Although mentioning Eddie makes me Old-ER! Thanks.. (Long Live Eddie!!)

Don't feel bad about the HT purchase.

I bought my Cookie Monster Panties there.

C is for Cookie!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #348
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

Don't feel bad about the HT purchase.

I bought my Cookie Monster Panties there.

C is for Cookie!!!
And that's good enough for me!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #349
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

A sometimes food? When did this happen? If cookies are only a SOMETIMES food, does that mean the cookie monster is only a sometimes monster? Is PBS trying to phase out our beloved blue-furred glutton? I, for one, shall not stand for it! I'd write a letter to the ACLU, if I wasn't so busy jamming those chocolate frosted cookies from the Vanilla Bean bakery into my gaping maw.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #350
Empty_Purple_Stars

Mr. Snuffaluffagus is rarely not seen these days either on Sesame Street..

*sniffle*

I miss Snuffy.

Everyone needs an imaginary friends only they can see!

Err.. Right?