Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #4901
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
RECIPE!!

Umm.. Please?

/bats eyelashes sweetly
http://chefchloe.com/sweets/vegan-co...-truffles.html

I didn't have brown sugar so I just went to my go-to cookie recipe. Ended up with a bigger batch and rant out of chocolate so some of them were just drizzled instead of totally coated. My go-to recipe is also kinda crumbly so I had to add in some almond milk until it had the consistancy necessary to roll up into a ball and retain its shape without baking.

I also didn't have room in my freezer, so I put them in the fridge for twenty minutes and they were fine for dipping.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #4902
Geoluhread

So...
Now that i'm settled and good, any Gnetters in Spain ?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #4903
Miss Absynthe

Excellent.. thank you so much, Saya.

/wanders off to put herself into a diabetic coma
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #4904
CuckooTuli

So trying those out, Saya!

Update: my key lime pie is also awesome, and I don't even like fruit-based desserts. In fact, I normally feel actively cheated by fruit-based desserts.

That's it. I'm buying a fucking apron. This shit's destiny.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #4905
Miss Absynthe

Tuli, I've been learning how to cook as well.

I've not cooked in about 10 years (for the safety of those around me who don't particularly want to be poisoned, or to die in a horrible fire). I have a friend in Copenhagen who is teaching me via Skype, and it is going much better than I thought that it would. He's an engineer and is very science minded.. and has been explaining the science behind it all to me - proteins changing when heat is applied, and all that.

I'm actually really enjoying the whole process.. and I keep joking about how I'm going to end up in an apron and pearls, doing the 1950's housewife fetish thing.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #4906
Miss Absynthe

http://lgbtlaughs.tumblr.com/post/33...3/ally-cookies
Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #4907
BourbonBoy

Normally I'm not one for deserts but I'll have to try that recipe. Thanks Saya
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #4908
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Tuli, I've been learning how to cook as well.

I've not cooked in about 10 years (for the safety of those around me who don't particularly want to be poisoned, or to die in a horrible fire). I have a friend in Copenhagen who is teaching me via Skype, and it is going much better than I thought that it would. He's an engineer and is very science minded.. and has been explaining the science behind it all to me - proteins changing when heat is applied, and all that.

I'm actually really enjoying the whole process.. and I keep joking about how I'm going to end up in an apron and pearls, doing the 1950's housewife fetish thing.
Yeah, same thing! My cooking has always been something of a joke to my nearest & dearest. However, having just ended a relationship in which I basically didn't cook anything that wasn't chilli or jacket potatoes for six years, I figured I'd best learn fast. I'm the kind of person who's pretty shit at remembering to eat if left to their own devices, but will eat themselves to death if nice food is put in front of them.

A completely gifted friend told me once that cooking in general is an art, because you can mess around with recipes and tweak them much more easily, but that baking is a science & needs a meticulous approach. So I figured I'd start there. Somehow it's more satisfying for me than savoury cooking - partly because I have a hella sweet tooth, but also because you don't eat it all at once like a dinner, so you can continue to bask in its glory long after you've tried that shit and high-fived yourself a few times.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #4909
Solumina

If you make big batches but find that you aren't going through them fast enough you can freeze them. Cookies are best frozen as dough but cakes and freeze best after bring cooked, just don't frost them until you are ready to eat as frosting gets funky after about a week (give or take a couple of days depending on the type of frosting). Most pies freeze wonderfully but are kind of a pain to reheat if you freeze them fully cooked as the microwave makes the crust all wonkey and pies take forever in the oven so freezing doesn't help with portioning but if you are making a pie for a specific day and want to get some of it done in advance you can freeze either the crust or the whole thing and just pop it in the oven.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #4910
Solumina

While Jake and I were out at dinner tonight I stopped mid sentence because my brain crashed when it realized that the music playing was the same music that is used in the DRI hold message. I had no idea that it existed outside of that hold message and both of us ended up laughing hysterically.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #4911
Saya

I had an exam today and remembered a socially awkward penguin meme about being the first one to finish the exam, but waiting for someone else to get up so you're not the first one to leave. I had no idea other people did that, and I actually plucked up the courage to be the first today. Sure enough, as I stood up people started closing their books and stopped pretending to be reading it through.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #4912
Catch

I Am Back to DrinKing Coffee. I feel really, really good.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #4913
Fruitbat

I have one too many full time jobs. Poopers.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #4914
Fruitbat

How to celebrate a birthday.. hmmm...maybe dye my hair blue?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #4915
honeythorn

This months Taxidermy workshop result : WITCH-RAT

He's got a necklace of rat vertebrae and beads, a mouse skull, a wax poppet of the pest control man spiked through with a blackthorn spine. He will drop his victim into the cauldron and stir him and bash him up with the rat legbone, and melt him down alongside other baneful herbs to get rid of Rentokill man

He is very cute though for all his hexing. I thik there's a bit of Dumbo in him somewhere because his ears are rather on the side and quite large. He has the Sad expression of a Dumbo rat somewhat.

I'm terribly pleased with him , and he's cute enough that mother ( who HATES rats ) even kind of likes him. I also won the bottle of wine prize for the best rat

honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #4916
BourbonBoy

That's pretty awesome there Honeythorn. He looks like something out of the "Great Mouse Detective."

Now instead of focusing on my studies today I'm going to be thinking of a caption of some sort
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #4917
Miss Absynthe

I have a terrible lisp now.

I had two teeth pulled on the weekend, one of which I've had for [insert great number of years here - which is probably more than most of you have been in existence] years and was in the middle of my hard palate. I was used to forming my 's' and 'th' sounds by sealing around the tooth with my tongue, and now that it isn't there anymore I have an extremely pronounced lisp.

I am helping run a med-play workshop on the weekend and would like for it to have disappeared before then.

Damn lisp.

Ooh.. I'm also getting my lips and eyes sutured at the workshop, which should be brilliant fun.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #4918
Valhalla

I just finished my first counselling session, and I don't know how I feel about it.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #4919
Miss Absynthe

It might take a number of sessions until you start feeling comfortable with the process.

I'm in the middle of the whole thing as well. It's strange.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #4920
ape descendant

Leash training my cat, I'm either a total bad ass or a total imbecile. Gotta love how I can leash train a cat, but my freaking neighbors can't seem to do the same with their dogs.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #4921
Miss Absynthe

I thought that Saya and MechaSaya were the same person.. but I've just seen an old thread where they talk with each other?

I'm going to need a flow chart.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #4922
Versus

I'm convinced it's Saya. I've seen MechaSaya post some pretty obscure feminist theory.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #4923
Miss Absynthe

It took me forever to work out that you were who people were referring to as "Peaches".

And I'm still not sure that Pothead isn't really Catch.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #4924
Versus

I don't know what you're talking about. Why would anybody call me peaches? That's stupid.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #4925
Miss Absynthe

:|

OK.. now I'm confused.