Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
MobMentalityKills

Teenaged misfits

That double standard parents have for their children is just murder on a girls soul. Being abused at a young age, you learn to be mature, to act as an adult. Your given chores, duties, and expectations that you must reach. A's in all courses are a must, sexist cleaning work is never avoidable. Mothers wishing their children looked like their Barbie baby, or Ken doll. I want to slit their throats. They expect teenagers to act as adults, when they have the freedom of a twelve year old. Freedom can not be taken away once you've tasted it. To take it away is murder. I've tasted freedom, the freedom to leave the house at all hours, to party, drugs, alcohol, boys.. Now I am stuck in a never ending circle of heart ache, for freedom.
MobMentalityKills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Solumina

Did you just compare doing chores and having to get good grades to abuse?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
MobMentalityKills

Absoultuly not. If that is what it seemed like then that was only a poor transition.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Geoluhread

Then what is your point exactly?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
MobMentalityKills

My point is, teenagers are put in an odd category. There are so many teenagers who are responsible enough to take care of themselves, but are not allowed to. On the other hand there are those teenagers who are spoiled, or not mature enough to handle life. Honestly I just wish that people could see that, and learn to let go of their children when they should. I'm just thinking outloud. (Internet-wise)
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Geoluhread

1. Parents don't know how to let go of their kids. Even at 21 now my mother treats me like I'm two years old, they don't want their little babies to get out of the nest and want to hang to them as much as possible, hence the spoiled or the ones who are not allowed to "take care of themselves"... This is generally speaking of course.

2. Life isn't fair, that's what teenagers should learn in such times
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 07-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
MobMentalityKills

Because your speaking to a general statistic I agree. On the other hand plenty of parents let go of their kids. Fathers abandon their kids, mothers are flighty as well. There is no winning. I'm just complaining here because I wish it were different. Don't you complain when you wish things were different, and don't say "no because I make things different when I feel that way" because that is not true in every situation.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Geoluhread

Fair enough. But I'm just making conversation =/
I thought that's the whole point of a thread..
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
MobMentalityKills

Ha I'm sorry, that came off rude! I'm just frustrated!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #10
Mir

Party, drugs, girls/boys, alcohol? Lofty ambitions... :snorts:

I think you should just man/woman up. do your chores, and get good grades instead of moaning about it. Be glad for your lot in life. There's people out there starving and shit.

I'm just sayin'!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Party, drugs, girls/boys, alcohol? Lofty ambitions... :snorts:

I think you should just man/woman up. do your chores, and get good grades instead of moaning about it. Be glad for your lot in life. There's people out there starving and shit.

I'm just sayin'!
Mir, you have taken the words right out of my head. Excuse me while I fashion myself a tin foil hat.

As for you, mademoiselle MMK: 'ello there. I am a teenage girl (on the internet I am, anyway... just kidding, children, don't be frightened.) and I have also been through abuse at an early age in addition to dealing with an absent alcoholic, drug-and-mother abusing father.

I have been an adult in my mother's eyes from the age of 10 because she gave me responsibilities and expectations and I was able to live up to them. I was given freedom and trust and I got to keep the freedom and trust because I did not go violently diving into drugs, liquor, and sex the second I had the opportunity.

(I'm not painting myself as some kind of god-like entity either. I do drink. I'm simply smart about it and don't let it get in the way of any aspect of my life.)

And honey, I'm not trying to patronize you or be condescending, I'm just sick of my peers being so surprised when they're treated like children when they abuse their freedom.

I'm still alive and so are you, so appreciate what you have please.
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Alan

Kind of ironic that someone whose name of choice is 'mob mentality kills' can only think about freedom in terms of drugs and partying.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Miss Absynthe

I'm out.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
Angelic Dissonance2

^^^ Ha ha ha! That killed me.

Maybe because I'm smoking a joint. J + In The Flat Field = ...Euphoria.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Catch

Ya, it sucks having people around who always have a good opinion of everything you do instead of the viewing crowd that listens to stories of partying all the time knowing you won't be able to pay bills and end up moving back home or maybe hoping you are forced into becoming a sex worker.

Ya, it is way better being around people who don't care at all or might even have their own agendas that will probably hurt you emotionally or physically, because that's freedom. Responsibility for your own actions is always awesome no matter what happens.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
Angelic Dissonance2

Out here in the field... I fight for my meals.
I put my back into my living...
I don't need to fight, to prove that I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven...

Don't cry, don't raise your eye... It's only teenage wasteland...

Sally, take my hand, travel south crossland. Put out the fire, but don't look past my shoulder...
The exodus is here, the happy ones are near... Let's get together before we get much older.

Teenage wasteland, it's only teenage wasteland... Teenage wasteland, oh, oh Teenage wasteland... they're all WASTED!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g

The Who only get more relevant every day.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Elystan

While your parents are still paying for your shit, you're still dependent on them and actually, no you aren't an adult. Basically if you live in their house they call the shots. Don't like it? Walk out the door.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote