Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #126
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Simple Poet
I drink a full glass of red wine, and put on the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. I thereby substitute melancholy for anxiety and I wouldn't have it any other way...
Huzzah.

Truer words were never spoken..

Oh and I will bring the Blunt, if you each hold one of my hands.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #127
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Huzzah.

Oh and I will bring the Blunt, if you each hold one of my hands.

I would be more honored then you would ever know.

ps> I might still bring a blunt if you don't mind. So we 3 can hold hands longer. *sharkberry grin*

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #128
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
LOL. I have no idea what a "sharkberry grin" is, but it sounds hella cool!

We'll go arms swinging through the park with a fat one burning!
It's a beautiful day.

It, sure as the shoes on my feet, is. With a little help from my friends, I'm sure every day can have it's beauty.

and now you have witnessed me blowing sunshine simultaneaously up everyone's ass.

"Rectum?! I damn near killed him!"

Old 04-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #129
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
Some say the best position to meditate in is the lotus position, where both legs are put on top of each other: http://www.yatan-ayur.com.au/lotus_meditation_small.jpg.
This is an extremely awkward position to be in, unless you are flexible. It isn't crucial that you are in the position. Just find a comfortable one.
Actually, if you have a problem staying awake whilst meditiating, the lotus position is a good one. According to my Tai Chi instructor, it was designed specifically with the purpose of keeping you awake as you meditate.

That is, if you can manage to get yourself into it. That was always my problem.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #130
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Yeah, me too.

If only like we could do like Kodos and Kang in The Simpsons episode where they are Dole and Clinton, exchanging long protein strands by holding hands. That could possibly work, since serotonin is protein-transmitted. Not that I got a lot, but maybe a good transaction could take place anyway? I love that scene, where they walk down the street hand in hand, and the campaign advisor pulls up in a car, saying it's probably not a good idea to be seen like that. Whereupon Bill (or Bob?) answers: "We are exchanging long protein strands. If you know of a more effective way, I'd like to hear it."

We're not Clinton and Dole, though, so it probably wouldn't look so weird if we did it.

Holding hands feels good, either way, so I think we can safely say it's an effective method for relieving anxiety and depression. Once again, there is an important lesson to be gleaned from years and years of mad Simpsons-watching.

Let's hold hands. (And share a blunt.)
This post made me smile! *hugs Pitseleh*

By the way, is a blunt the same as a spliff? I've not heard it before.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 AM   #131
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
[b]This is just my way of meditating and only you can find the best way for yourself...
I think I'll try it, Bjork - I always fail at the clear-your-mind technique but visualisation sounds like something I'd be good at. Thanks!

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #132
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
This post made me smile! *hugs Pitseleh*

By the way, is a blunt the same as a spliff? I've not heard it before.
I'm pretty sure it is. Those crazy Yanks!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #133
Oubliette

Yes a blunt is the same as a spliff.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:37 AM   #134
Empty_Purple_Stars

Well no, not totally.

A blunt is rolled by emptying the Tobacco out of a Flavored Cigar of your choice, and filling it with an err 'alternate herb'.

You wet the edges of the Cigar Wrapper, and re-roll it.

A lovely variation on that is the 'Honey Blunt'. Where the edges of the wrapper are coated in Honey, so the 'blunt' burns slower. Blunts are usually shared among a group of friends.

A Spliff is basically just a hand rolled 'cigarette'.

Not as big, but can be as potent depending on the err Herbal Inhabitant of said Spliff.

Thus concludes your American Herbal Slang lesson.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:09 AM   #135
Oubliette

I use 'blunt' and 'spliff' interchangeably...

the hand rolled ciggerette thing I call a joint or a bone.

must be just me.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #136
pitseleh

Yep, yep, and yep. I mean, the different types of joint being called what they are. Blunts are named after the cigar brand "Philadelphia/Philly Blunts", aren't they though? We don't have those in Norway, I just like the word.

Oh, and me and my friends usually call it a "Jonas".

Waay off topic, but this is an important subject!
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #137
Wise Child

Gah! Let's just roll out the bong. That way there's no confusion. A bong is a bong in every country.

Man, that's beautiful. Who knew I was deep?

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 AM   #138
Oubliette

Quote:
Yep, yep, and yep. I mean, the different types of joint being called what they are. Blunts are named after the cigar brand "Philadelphia/Philly Blunts", aren't they though? We don't have those in Norway, I just like the word.

Oh, and me and my friends usually call it a "Jonas".

Waay off topic, but this is an important subject!

We're distracting ourselves from the subject at hand. It's all good.

Philly Blunts really taste kinda icky, I prefer Garcia & Vega Ciggarellos.

Honey blunts are primo too (like E_P_S was referring to). I'm also fond, on special occasions, of using goldshlagger in place of honey. It's sticky goodness.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #139
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Gah! Let's just roll out the bong. That way there's no confusion. A bong is a bong in every country.

Man, that's beautiful. Who knew I was deep?

This girl speaks the truth ***whips out her 2 footer affectionately referred to as "toothless lucy"***

Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #140
my.soul.is.black.

my depression leads to anger so when i go out with my band persons to a cafe or coffe shop and ware ever i go some preps bother me so i (excuse me) smash thier f***ing faces in then i laugh at them^__^
my.soul.is.black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #141
succubus,queenofvampires

Who actually is my.soul.is.black?
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #142
my.soul.is.black.

i do get charged and thats why my step-mother tries to keep me in the house and she takes me to a shrink

my.soul.is.black. is me >
Old 04-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #143
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
What bothers you about these "preps"? And what is it, exactly, that makes them "preps"? I've always been curious about the source of the word, because as far as I'm concerned preppy is when you wear a polo shirt and a pleated skirt (with a sweater around your shoulders) to a country club, which is of course the original definition of the word.

You must be a minor, then? I imagine if you weren't, you'd be charged with assault for "smashing their f***ing faces in", yes?
Xnguela, I'm very glad you pointed this out. It bothers the hell out of me when people overuse the word prep because when I see these "preps", they aren't in polo’s nor pleated skirts, but with bleached blonde hair and an Abercrombie sweater walking around going "Ohh my gaw, this is like, so not cool!" If people want to ridicule "preps", they should at least address them with an original word, not one with a different meaning.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #144
bjork_freak

I also don't understand why some people think "preps" have their own way of thinking, and go as far as excluding them from the human race. I've known some very respectful and nonjudgmental "preps". They shouldn't be labeled because they talk a certain way, or dress a certain way.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #145
Sobeh

Quote:
I also don't understand why some people think "preps" have their own way of thinking, and go as far as excluding them from the human race. I've known some very respectful and nonjudgmental "preps". They shouldn't be labeled because they talk a certain way, or dress a certain way.
Anytime anyone says "I hate X", if 'X' isn't someone's name specifically then that person is operating under what are likely very false assumptions. Groups of people are never 'the same' except for some similarity that is rarely a registerable percentage of their total personality.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #146
my.soul.is.black.

this "preps" i talk about are rich and one i mostly refer to is someone who wears the sweaters on her sholders and not nameing names(Amanda)is very mean and teases me and only me sorry i affended all of the good "preps" out there
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #147
my.soul.is.black.

forget you even hear me because your pissing me off i know your not tring to but try to stop
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #148
my.soul.is.black.

who is a reject from your own family?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #149
Sobeh

Quote:
I'm rich...
Well damnit Xng, before this I thought you were smart and well-opinionated and on the right track and doing yourself good in college there, but now, pfft! That's out the window, ya damned preppy good for nothing mooch!

</sarc>

Quote:
Originally Posted by my.soul.is.black.
forget you even hear me because your pissing me off - i know your not trying to but try to stop.

I guess that's all.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:00 AM   #150
Oubliette

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with being rich? I'm rich, and no one ought to think less of me just because my father has worked hard to provide for his family and was fortunate enough to make enough money to be considered "rich".

Technically you are not rich. Your father is rich.

and now I'm done splitting hairs.