Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
x-deviant-x

ANONYMOUS - Just an elaborate hoax? or...

Perhaps something much more serious...

Gothic.net -

Over the past few days I've been paying close attention to the events that have been taking place on Wall Street with the protests, as well as similar protests that have been spawning in various cities all throughout the country. I'm sure by now many of you are aware that something is going on. For those who aren't, a brief summary. About 3 weeks ago people began peaceful protesting on Wall Street, referring to themselves as the 99%. It's been unclear what exactly their purpose and goals are until recently, but as it turns out they're upset about corruption that lead to the economic collapse in the US in 2009 (as we all are) and the fact that our government has done absolutely nothing to prosecute the elites who were responsible. These details are still sketchy for me as this is a lot of information to sort through, but the root of these protests seems to go a good bit deeper.

From reading dozens of posts on the website occupywallst.org and occupytogether.org, it's lead me to this group of "political hackers" known as Anonymous. Apparently Anonymous take credit for initiating the protests that began on Wall Street. They released a video on YouTube sometime in August or September calling for 20,000 citizens to flood Wall St, set up tents and begin spreading their messages of peaceful revolution through flyers, stickers, etc.

I'm sure that at least some of you are aware of this group, but for those who have never heard of them, Anonymous has a rather lengthy history, going back to at least 2000, with attacks on the church of Scientology, among others. It seems many of these attacks resulted in little more than empty bullying, but they have had the governments attention for quite a while. Since 2000, their numbers, and their strength, have been growing. One source claims they have over 60,000 in their network worldwide.

It seems many pass them off as a bunch of kids with too much time on their hands. More recently, they've launched some pretty serious attacks against visa and mc, and are responsible for the Sony hack that happened just earlier this year or sometime last year (can't quite remember when exactly).

According to an article from Wednesday on Foxnews website, Anonymous is rumored to be planning cyber attacks on the NYSE monday of next week, yet members referring to themselves as Anonymous claim those rumors are false and strongly advise everyone to not take part. (You can read the news article here if you'd like - I know many of you hate fox news, but as I see it, an article like this should be shared regardless of what news source it's from... http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...tock-exchange/)

All of this seems like a whole lot of confusion, and it really leads one to wonder if this confusion may be deliberate. The major news networks seem to be downplaying both the protests and this information on Anonymous, focusing attentions on other issues. Of course that should be no surprise. But if you read independent news sources, or even pay attention to videos trending online, it's obvious something a lot more serious is going on that mainstream media doesn't want us to know about.

A lot of people are calling Anonymous our "saviors" others, terrorists, and still others claim they're leading us all into a big trap.

So I'm providing you guys with a few links to some videos released to YouTube by Anonymous so you can decide for yourselves whether it's something we should really be paying attention to, or if its all just some big ploy that will go nowhere. Personally I'm remaining pretty neutral for the moment, but if all of this is real, it could be very serious very quickly, for all of us. Please don't accuse me of trying to promote propaganda or conspiracy theories as I'm most definitely not. I know I'm not a very favorable member here, by many of you as our views on so many issues differ so much. I debated whether or not I should even post this stuff as I don't want to piss any of you off or cause some huge heated debate. I know a lot of you guys can be pretty damned harsh.

Something just tells me that this stuff needs to be seen. They have released dozens of videos with the same messages to governments and citizens in every country all over the world. This isn't just a US thing. Anonymous is calling for a Global Revolution on October 15th. Their "Plan" is supposed to last approximately one year. Maybe its all just a big bunch of BS. Either way, I think everyone here has a right to be aware of this. Do with it what you like.

(Both of these are a bit lengthy, at about 10 min, and 14 min, respectively)

Anonymous - The end of the New World Order - Phase 1
June 16, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35kF7...eature=related

Anonymous - What we're capable of
July 7th, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9q6...eature=related
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Alan

Apparently someone just came to the present day from 2009.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
AshleyO

Alan, you scamp!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
Jonathan

my god, this sort of thing is on the internet?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
AshleyO

Anonymous. Expect us.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Hydrodyssodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Apparently someone just came to the present day from 2009.
I'd say 2009 is kind of late, actually.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote