Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
lostintranslation

The Eye, featuring Jessica Alba

I saw The Eye last night, and I have to say, probably the dumbest movies I've seen in a while. I'm not sure I just missed the main idea completely, or it really was as pointless as I thought. It made no sense to me. The entire time, I'm just sitting there thinking, "how can she not realize what's going on?" or "how is this supposed to scare me?", and even "how much longer until I can leave?" I'd like to hear others opinions on this film so that, perhaps, I can understand what I missed, or feel less alone in not grasping this film. Granted, I don't feel that alone seeing as the entire audience laughed at the end of the movie, or booed.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
le_revenant

Haven't seen it & don't intend to as Alba is the main actor carrying the movie.

Don't get me wrong. Jessica Alba doesn't annoy me like certain other "actresses" *cough*J-Lo*cough*
But while she's terminally pretty, its turning out that if she's the main actor in a flick, that flick is probably gonna be a dud.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 09:43 AM   #3
amalkagin

Well, the plot quickly became convoluted and confusing, with strange supernatural elements that were not well explained or developed. The characters also lacked depth and motivation, acting more as plot devices than fully formed people. The horror scenes aimed for a creepy and unsettling tone but came across as more ridiculous than scary. Overall, "The Eye" had some interesting ideas but failed to craft an engaging story or generate any real tension or dream about eyes falling out and chills, making for a disappointing horror film experience. The confusing plot, shallow characters and lack of genuine frights left me ultimately underwhelmed by this 2008 thriller.
amalkagin is offline   Reply With Quote