Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
Exodus

Ghost Rider

If there is a thread already posted I apologise in advance, I checked the first couple of pages and there wasn't one.

Down to business...Anyone seen it? Was it worth the $10?
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I've seen it. It's not worth $10, but it's an amusing movie nonetheless. It doesn't follow the comic story at all. The lead female's wardrobe annoys me. It's cheesy as hell.

That said, I enjoyed it a helluva lot. But I love motorcycles. Which is the sole appeal of the movie. Not too bad, but not a must-see.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

I've been thinking of seeing it as well, but I admit it's only because I love to see a man on a motorcycle. Also I want to see that heavy girl who says "His head was on fire like PSHHHHH"
Old 03-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Seraphynth

I saw it with my boyfriend (who loves Marvel comics); he had to drag me into the theater. ^^;
But as we sat down and I watched it, I loved it! Except for all of the times the screen was full of flames (I have eyes that have a light sensitivity and it hurt my eyes so bad). I honestly didn't think I was going to like it as much I did.
But I was a bit confused about Blackheart. He's supposed to be a spiky black demon thing. Why'd they make him human looking? Did they spend too much money on the fire effects? :/
I'm not sure if it followed the comics or not as I've never read them and the only character Ryan cares about is Blackheart, so he never read the comics for it either.
I would like to start reading the comics for Ghost Rider after seeing the movie though.

I don't know anyone else except for Ryan and myself who liked the movie.
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
shelldoo

I enjoyed it, but thought the "demons" should have had a wee bit more fight in them. I have never read the comics so that could be why i liked it.
shelldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
BlackWidow

I saw it in the theater and downloaded it already so I can watch it whenever. I LOVE it. I admit some of the parts were pretty cheesy and the actors and dialog could have been better. But overall it was badass. Great special effects and I love Nicholas Cage.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Clockwork

His skull was bad CG. I just couldn't get over that; it looked ridiculous.

Nice coats though.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 AM   #8
CptSternn

They did ok with the storyline from teh comic book to some extent, that being said, the original Ghost Rider came out in the 70's - Johnny Blaze. His younger brother debuted in the 90's in the new GR series. The thing is - the original GR didn't have the penance-stare nor did he have the enchanted bike chain, which Blaze both had and used in this film.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote