Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Severance

New. Hmm.

I've decided to be boring and use the template provided by the Mods.

1. What do you do?
I do stuff, you know... The sort of things that distract teenagers in suburban Sydney, Australia. I guess that answers the next question aswell, but I'll fill that in anyway.
I read, I write, I exercise my creative urges - usually in the form of photography, I attend to my computer religiously and will be found on MSN every day of the week. I play Cello, and have for about 8 years, and have been meaning to pick up bass for about 4 years, but have never quite gotten round to it.
My favourite pass time is, of course, being a pretentious wanker, and I admit so freely. Really, it's just a facade to cover up my deep rooted insecurities, which you will no doubt uncover as you get to know me. I love my friends to death, and am the sort of fiercly loyal person that irritate the general public. I am overly affectionate, and this has lead to many a miscommunication in the past.
I am, first and foremost, a philosopher. I analyse everything. Without a doubt, I am a follower of the Post-Modernist train of thought, and most of my arguments and or reasonings are based in that dominion. I believe that everyone has the capacity for intelligence, but most never exploit it, and it manifests in different forms in any case.

2. Where are you from?
Sydney, Australia

3. Who is your favorite author?
Iain Banks, Poppy Z Brite

4. What are your favorite films?
I don't really watch movies... =[

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Mmm. Something involving Cello. =D

6. At your funeral?
A Stranger - A Perfect Circle, Airships - VNV Nation

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Hahaha. Not sure, quickly and painfully.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Not really an expert, or in anyway informed as to that particular subject, so I'll say, a pretty one =]

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Mm, I would post a picture of it, but I don't have one, so I suppose I shall describe it instead:
A combination of my black fishnets, purple tights and the pretty swirly ones. Black thigh length skirt. My 6 inch heel Storm Troopers. Black and purple striped shirt, my waspie corset and military jacket, adorned with as many safety pins as I possess. And yes. Hmm.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Being less pretentious, being less self-concious and having a closer family unit.

11. What's your favorite band?
VNV Nation. And Zeromancer, I suppose.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I attend Fort Street High School, in Sydney Australia. It's an academic selective school, and my strengths are English and Social Sciences.

13. Why did you join?
Because I couldn't be bothered for a couple of months, then my friend started a thread that I felt compelled to reply to, but the reply was lost and I felt dejected. Now I am posting a thread of my own; I'm so proud of myself.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female. I hope so anyway. It would be quite a shock to discover otherwise at such a late point in my life, but I am aware that it is not entirely impossible. In fact, now I rather hope that I am actually of the male gender. It would be so much fun. Mmm. Damn.
Severance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #2
AzrealZ

Would be unfortunate, though amusing, to find out your gender was lying to you all along. Not sure how I would handle that, but, I'm a guy and damn proud of it. Anyways. I bid you a big dark welcome to this little corner of the web, and hope you stay! I'm pretty new myself, but so far people seem quite friendly, and I'm at least as pretentious as you, so fear not. Then again, I'm in college. Though I'm clearly not the oldest one here, it sometimes feels like it. Heh. Anyways, again, welcome welcome, and enjoy!
AzrealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
Slap Your Love

Welcome aboard Mate. =] Ha.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
Cicero

Welcome, Severance. Am I right in assuming your name is derived from the Dead Can Dance/Bauhaus song? Either way, it's an excellent song.

I reckon you'll fit in rather well here...

And your favourite outfit sounds gorgeous.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
EnemaExpert

Aww.. you dun like movies? Anyway, welcome to the forums.. I'm new here too, and am too lazy to start my own I'm new thread.. lol. Welcome ^_^
EnemaExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

^I don't like you already.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
Born Again

A fellow cello player.

I've been playing for six years myself.

Welcome my dear.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
Magpie_Tendencies

A fellow Aussie! Welcome. Except I don't like Sydney. No offense - the old rivalry between the cities just coming out in me, I guess. But you sound cool.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 AM   #9
Severance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
^I don't like you already.

Haha, that's okay, I don't like me either.
I was in a pretty bad mood that day, so I blame my abruptness on PMS.
I'm nice really. Haha. You don't have to believe that.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 AM   #10
Severance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Welcome, Severance. Am I right in assuming your name is derived from the Dead Can Dance/Bauhaus song? Either way, it's an excellent song.
Ahh, I love you ^^
It is most deffinately excellent. I adore the Bauhaus version. 8D
Old 11-12-2006, 03:46 AM   #11
Cicero

Yay! Welcome again. I hope you stay.

Oh and Jillian's message wasn't directed at you, it was directed at EnemaExpert (or at least I hope it was).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #12
Corpsey

^ is usually a reference to the person who posted before you, so logically Jillian was tackling the person who was dumb enough to welcome someone without posting an introduction themselves, unless it's someone going by an alias.

Severance, I quite enjoyed your introduction, but I have no idea why you would put yourself through the pain of wearing 6 inch heels unless you have built up some sort of immunity to it in your ankles. Either way, your intro reeked of a buzzing personality and I hope you enjoy whatever you find interesting on this site.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severance
Haha, that's okay, I don't like me either.
Then we have a problem there, darling.
They have already defended the purpose of my comment, but let me reinforce that it wasn't directed to you.
Other than the interesting wish for a painful death, I like you.
Now, with all this said, I sure hope you will work a little on your low self-esteem. I wouldn't have become a god if I hadn't had the notion not that I would be a god, but that I already am a god.
And guess what. I am.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #14
Severance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
They have already defended the purpose of my comment, but let me reinforce that it wasn't directed to you.

Ah, my bad. Forgive me, I am n00b. Mm, kicking myself for using that hated term.
=]
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
PersephoneX

just dont do it again!
only kidding.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #16
Severance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
A fellow Aussie! Welcome. Except I don't like Sydney. No offense - the old rivalry between the cities just coming out in me, I guess. But you sound cool.

Thanks ^^
Mm, Sydney is a tricky place, I find.
Did you ever live here, or just visit?
The reason I ask, is that I have found Sydney to have a very interesting personality, not often visible to those who have only lived here a short time. A lot of people have a misconception as to the friendliness of the inhabitants of the city, and it can be quite offputting; there really are a lot of wonderful people here, just not particularly in the places tourists hope or expect.
It's a big place, and not terribly cohesive (culturally, or physically), there are some of the most ugly buildings I have ever seen in my life in plain view of the general public and more riots than really necissary, but there are aspects of the city I will love till the day I die.
Yeah... I'm not really a big fan of the rest of Australia. It probably, like you said, just boils down to intercity rivalry. Places are either too warm, or too cold, or too sunny, or too barren, or under developed, or over developed, or too polluted... the list goes on 8D Aussie isn't too bad, I guess...