Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
Angel of Disobedience

Angel Fallen Into This Gothic World

Greetings fellow sufferers,
my name is Daniel, i'm 21 in years, older in mind, younger in heart.
I'm from Australia, Sydney.

What I do for a living is live, freely as I can afford to, as such I don't conform to the wage slavery mindset.
I'd rather die then sell my freedom for money. If i'm without my freedom, then i'm without choice,
I choose to live my life how I want, not according to any standard of value but my own.
My favorite author is Friedrich Nietzsche. (because he speaks to me as a fellow lover of truth)
Off the severed top of my head, my favorite films are: The Ring (Samara is too cute!), Interview with a Vampire, Ginger Snaps, Donnie Darko, American Beauty, anything by Quentin Tarantino or Kevin Smith, Tim Burton's earlier films, and anything else laden with Gore, Dark humor, thought-provoking messages, etc.

Not that I would want to get married, as it would imply an unnessary lack of freedom, and open up the possibility of potentially damaging laws to be used against my person's at any given moment for no apparent reason. And if two people want to be together, they ought to out of love and communication, not ceremony and paper to cement their uncertainties. . . . Anyway, i'd probably want "Sing for Absolution" by Muse playing at my Wedding, not that it's fitting to a wedding setting, but it would be fitting to myself, and who, if anyone I was going to marry, as that song always reminds me of her.

At my Funeral, apart from certain somber scores, I think i'd want "Exhibit13" by Blue Man Group playing, as it would put everyone (if anyone turned up) in a relaxed mood.
How do I want to die? But I already did in heart, what is there left? I wouldn't want my death to be a cliche, I wouldn't want it by my own hands, i'd want it to be a scene where's there's undeniable beauty in the tragic break-down of my last breath, covered in blood, being held by silent embrace.
I'd want the kind of casket that you put a dead body in.

My favorite outfit is what i'm wearing; black jeans, long-sleeved black polyester shirt with another long black shirt made of what looks like, but probably isn't velvet, with a safety pin where the two buttons are missing in the right sleeve, and a spiked wristband over the pin.
I miss being in innocent bliss to the horror of the world.

My favorite band is Muse, not that i've been listening to them lately; Avril told me to break my Absolution disc.
I attended highschool, somewhat. It was unpleasant. I did homeschooling for awhile, then just drifted into a dark and lonely world. I don't need a major, I don't need paper to tell me what I already know.
I joined this site because i'm sick of speaking to spooky kids.

By the way, numbers are for mathematicians, not Goths.
Angel of Disobedience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
DarkIce

I like the way you answered the questions. You didn´t just copy and paste them and all. You rather choose to write a little novel about yourself. That´s brilliant. Welcome to Gnet!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
Wise Child

What about goth mathematicians?

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
Morrigan_Dubh

I like numbers...
I suppose I'm not a Goth...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #5
Mistress-Liriel

Welcome! I was guilty of the copy and paste questions. Alas, I hate speaking about myself in the first place, so to show my disdain, I did the minimum amount of work.

Friedrich Nietzsche - brilliant. I never think of him as an author though, although his thoughts are all right there, on paper. I choose to see him as a philosopher who happens to have kept extremely detailed journals of his beliefs. Same thing as an author...? Probably, but I like to overthink things...

I love your introduction, truly.

~L
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

I don't get it. Avril told you to break your CD?
You constantly talked about "freedom" to the point that you won't get into a serious relationship with anyone so that it's your way, and no other way; yet, someone told you to break your disk.
Besides, numbers ARE gothic; irrational numbers all the more; and an algebraic function is more gothic than Kevin Haskins.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
An Eccentric Cellist

Hello and welcome. Thank you, I like the mood you put me in, it's quite refreshing.
The Freedom obsessed side of me was doing a gig while reading that. You provoke thought beautifully. Your writing style interests me. I never liked the idea of marriage, you're tied down and that scares me.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
Circle V

Welcome, Angel (we get so many Angels, don't we?). I liked your introduction, though its melancholy tone vaguely irritated me. Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress-Liriel
Friedrich Nietzsche - brilliant. I never think of him as an author though, although his thoughts are all right there, on paper.
Beside his philosophies, Nietzsche is known for being one of the few philosophers with true literary proficiency-- it's one of the reasons he's so well-known.

I love his work, too.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
horrorgirl

You've fallen and you can't get up? Yes, I have a dorky sense of humor. Welcome to the site!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:31 AM   #10
Angel of Disobedience

You can like numbers and be Goths aswell, I was saying that as i'm sure no one can name one Goth mathematician, I figured that was a valid enough excuse for me not numbering my intro Q & A, in case anyone was going to comment on it's lack of structure.

I broke my CD because I choose to, not because anyone forced my hand, I was under no obligation to break it, it was voluntary spur of the moment expression of my more rebellious feelings; destroying what I most feared destroying to destroy that fear of my CD's destruction.

I'd get into a "serious" relationship; an intense one, but not one that would compromise my freedom.

I'm glad to see people around here have actually read Nietzsche.

I've fallen and now i'm crawling on the floor like a caterpillar.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Angel of Disobedience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #11
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Disobedience
You can like numbers and be Goths aswell, I was saying that as i'm sure no one can name one Goth mathematician, I figured that was a valid enough excuse for me not numbering my intro Q & A, in case anyone was going to comment on it's lack of structure.
Sure, I got it. I was just kidding with the "what about goth mathematicians" bit... Ahem. Tough crowd.

Anyhow, welcome and please get up. There's probably germs and all sortsa nasty shit down there.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Defy

Hello

welcome to earth, Angel
Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Disobedience

I joined this site because i'm sick of speaking to spooky kids.

By the way, numbers are for mathematicians, not Goths.
Hahahaha!

A warm welcome to you. I hope you stay.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #14
The Minister Saint-Fond

*snork*... Tee hee!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #15
Cicero

The first introduction I've truly enjoyed reading. Welcome.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote