Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
Draconysius

I'm Goth; Therefore, I'm Better Than You

Looking upon these beautiful introductions inspired me to write
one more proper for myself. So, thitherfore I go! I sha'n't abide
by any preset template; instead, I shall simply explain things of which
should be of highest interest.

I was born and have matured here, in Blountsville, Alabama. I've experienced verbal abuse from my father who, thanks to good fortune, is no longer in this home. I'd discuss the details, but who wants to hear whining?

I discovered the gothic subculture slowly, at first. When I was around the age of fifteen, I discovered a book at my high-school's library -"Dracula" by Bram Stoker. For years I had enjoyed ghost stories and mysteries of any kind, and would read whatever within the genre which I possibly could. After finishing the book, I turned to one of the appendix pages and saw an advertisement that read "More Gothic Literature From **** Publishing" (****: I don't recall the name)
It presented a list of many different books "that I should enjoy if I enjoyed this one". I copied that list onto a sheet of notebook paper, and searched the library every visit theron for books from that list. I was deeply in love with gothic literature. It employed in myself so many different emotions, but in the end, I always felt utter happiness. It was as if you had been watching your favorite television programme for years and, when you saw the final episode, it brought tears to your eyes. "It was so wonderful!" I know it sounds sort of 'cheesy', but I suppose I'm a nerd in that manner.

Early last year, I visited a Books-a-Million and was inspecting the mystery fiction section. While I was skimming through the various titles, a young man (who looked to be in his twenties) approached and began inspecting the titles aswell. He was dressed in complete black, and if it weren't for that, I would have suspected him to be part of a play, for his dress was victorian in every manner. As someone I can't recall -here on gnet- so clearly described it: he was dressed like a gentleman from a long-past era, but in a more elegant manner. From that day, I've tried to achieve that kind of old, but elegant beauty.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
Draconysius

Now, I present my personal details.

I enjoy nearly every kind of music ever conceived: classical, country, new wave, rock, punk, grunge, electronica, trance, thrash, stoner rock, doom, power, and black metal. What I most enjoy, though, is darkwave. I do not remember to the least degree how I first discovered it, but I do know that Bauhaus is the very band that inspired my love for the genre. Not only that, but Bauhaus has inspired -and influenced- my musicianship.

Among my favorite artists are: Bauhaus (who knew?), Christian Death, Joy Division, Dead Can Dance, Cinema Strange, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Love and Rockets, Fields of the Nephilim, and Sigur Ros.
Apart from the darkwave genre, I also anjoy artists such as: Corrosion of Conformity, Electric Wizard, Down; much stoner/doom metal.

As I've mentioned above, reading is one of my greatest passions. I adore the works of Ann Radcliffe, William Hope Hodgson, Matthew Gregory Lewis, Horace Walpole, Edgar Allan Poe, Neil Gaiman, Sam Lake, and even less frightening authors such as Lewis Carroll.

I rarely watch television, apart from Monty Python's Flying Circus, the Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park. I sometimes watch Invader Zim or various works of anime on DVD, but other than that, I'm not so big on television.

I enjoy a good film occasionally, but rarely are they 'good nuff'. Among my favorites are: Saw, Ghost Worlds, Edward Scissorhands, and Johnny Stecchino

Those, I believe, are the most essential things to know about me. I hope you enjoyed my properized introduction.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
horrorgirl

Hello! It's really nice to read an introduction in which a person says that they love to read. :-)

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
Vampyrekisses

Nice intro.

Honest in fairness, I honestly think you have got me all wrong, I mainly joined as i liked the look of the site, and i liked the music sections.

Have been reading the site for a while and thought about time to join..

I dont like revealling a lot about myself, as there is a very valid reason for this, ones that i cant go into over the internet... I know this will get flamed again, but this is me being me..

Take this as sincere or not, im not bothered, its no skin off my nose at the end of the day its only a forum
Vampyrekisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
WolfMoon

I think that everyone deserves a second chance. That chance has to be earned, however. If you can stick around without being inflamatory or rude for a while, then we'll probably grow to like you, VK.

Drac, I'll be back to read the rest of your Intro later. So far though, lovely.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
Draconysius

I'll never wash these... um... typing fingers? -again.

As for VampyreKiss: You're welcome to the boards, but keep in mind that most of us are crazy about books, so when you use netspeak (lol, u, wtf, etc.), we tend to get very annoyed. I would also keep in mind, if I were you, to not take any comments too seriously. There's nothing more annoying here than someone bitching about "Your not bein fair!".
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
Kraven Obscuria

Yeah, without books I think I would go insane....
Kraven Obscuria is offline   Reply With Quote