Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #776
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Ballerina View Post
I was attacked by demonic entities. And still have them around me. Stuff in my house moves on it's own and my family, friends and I hear the demonic voices. Unfortunately the only exorcist I can find wants to charge $495 for one hour. *sigh* I'll just keep praying.
But if your god has dominion over everything then where is the problem?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #777
Jonathan

I offered to oust the daemonic presence(s) for a trip to Starbucks, so they really can't be that much of an inconvenience if they aren't worth $2 or whatever.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #778
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I offered to oust the daemonic presence(s) for a trip to Starbucks, so they really can't be that much of an inconvenience if they aren't worth $2 or whatever.
Jesus is all I need to do that
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #779
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
No. You attacked first by making several threads on this board trying to forcefully convert us.

And how do you know that I am not a dedicated Pastafarian? Did you not see the image I posted? The noodly design of the human central an peripheral nervous system is more proof of The Noodly One than there ever was of your god.

And can you PLEASE gather all your responses to people in one post instead of posting 5 in a row? It is really bad manners, and it is difficult to get an overview of your posts.
I would really hate to see what forcefully trying to convert you would look like, all I did was post the gospel, and give you and option, it's up to you weather or not you want to take it the free gift or leave it, and you attacked me as soon as I gave the option, so yeah it was you who attacked first
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #780
Timeless Rebellion

But surely, you must realize that posting several threads with your religious propaganda is incredibly provoking, right?
But you are gonna convert to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so it's all good.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #781
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
Jesus is all I need to do that
If that's the case then no one who believes in Jesus would have been attacked by demons, so you and Ballerina chick should get your acts together and shape up.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #782
pothead

Quote:
If that's the case then no one who believes in Jesus would have been attacked by demons, so you and Ballerina chick should get your acts together and shape up.
well the bible talks about a messenger of satan sent to buffet us, and it's to keep us humble, but it will go away with prayer
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #783
Jonathan

Will there be pork or shellfish at the buffet?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #784
Kasdeja

Quote:
Will there be pork or shellfish at the buffet?
Both. Bacon too.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #785
Blue_Ballerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
...No it doesn't and handing out unearned respect for unqualified ideas isn't a sign of maturity, it's either a sign of intellectual cowardice or intellectual laziness. MRAs believe men are persecuted by feminists. This isn't an idea that needs to be respected, it needs to be mocked.

Also, I think you're lying about your experience with demons or you have no clue as to what a lack of belief in gods means if you can make a supernatural claim that you "know" is true and then can say that the respect that a lack of belief in the supernatural is just as valid is warranted is just plain inconsistent.

Then again... hey, you're haunted by demons, right? Fuck me, where's Christ when you need him?
Excuse me?! Why the FUCK would I lie about being attacked by demonic entities? That's just stupid. And I'm not a coward. I preach where it isn't going to get me killed. I spent most of my beginning years as a Christian preaching aloud on the street and to anyone who would listen you know where it got me? Placed in a mental institution taking a crap load of meds. My family isn't christian and when I converted they thought I had gone insane because I was a devoted Wiccan for all of my adolescence! My grandfather was a Free-Maison and all of his ideals rubbed off on my Mom who believes that science proves that God doesn't exsist. I don't believe that, I believe science only shows the way that the universe came about after God put it into motion.
Where the hell do you get off judging me when you don't even know me? Like it says in the bible there is a time for everything and I know when to keep my mouth shut and when to make some noise. I'm not a coward because I don't attack peoples beliefs. I do unto others. If I wanted someone to come up to me and tell me everything I thought was wrong and they are right because it's what they believe I would have had a heart attack by 21. It gets old arguing with people day in and day out and leaving all hot headed and pissed off. No one wants to be angry all the time. When we are having a religious debate, yes speak your mind and defend your beliefs but to go up to people and just ask "Hey what do you believe?" So I can attack it if it doesn't suit mine is just asking for a fight and THAT isn't very Christian.

Pothead, I've been baptized three times. Once when I asked if I could when I was 9, then my family wouldn't let me go back to church so I became Wiccan, once at 21 but I ended up leaving that church because they wouldn't help me with the negative stuff I had going on (with the entities) and again by this church called the World Mission Society Church of God who had claimed they knew the second coming Christ....now I am searching for a new Church home because I found a lot of fallacies in the WMSCOG.

Johnathan, are you an exocist or are you just pulling my leg? Because that sounds like a sweet deal. lol
Blue_Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #786
Blue_Ballerina

BTW Ashley O. Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Those are Jesus' direct words. You call me a coward, by transitivity you are calling Jesus Christ a coward, for he is the Son of God. Say that to his face.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #787
Blue_Ballerina

Sorry to make multiple posts but here is what the Lord God said to me and I will share with you Ashley O.
"It would be cowardace to minister to the devil because he has no backbone or foundation. It takes heart to minister to those in need. For those who are righteous are only righteous to themselves because, none are truly righteous. And those who hear might turn and be saved. Do not wage wars the way the world does for you are like Paul, speaking nothing impressive in person but bold when away."
He said this while I was reading 2 Corinthians 10, concerning our chat because He saw that it hurt me deeply.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #788
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
BTW Ashley O. Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Those are Jesus' direct words. You call me a coward, by transitivity you are calling Jesus Christ a coward, for he is the Son of God. Say that to his face.
So, are you saying that any criticism levelled at you is in turn pointed at Jesus? How does that fit with the idea of you being personally responsible for your own actions?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #789
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
"It would be cowardace to minister to the devil because he has no backbone or foundation. It takes heart to minister to those in need. For those who are righteous are only righteous to themselves because, none are truly righteous. And those who hear might turn and be saved. Do not wage wars the way the world does for you are like Paul, speaking nothing impressive in person but bold when away."
He said this while I was reading 2 Corinthians 10, concerning our chat because He saw that it hurt me deeply.
What do you think that it means, that you were told this?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #790
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
What do you think that it means, that you were told this?
I already told her that medications can take care of (most of) the voices. Meh.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #791
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
I already told her that medications can take care of (most of) the voices. Meh.
what medications is she on you think ?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #792
Miss Absynthe

Can we please not add to the stigma attached to mental illness?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #793
AshleyO

Quote:
By all means. Bring your dead god forward and I will.

First, prove your god with empirical data and THEN I may actually give your derivative fairytale book a GRAIN of salt.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #794
AshleyO

Quote:
Excuse me?! Why the FUCK would I lie about being attacked by demonic entities? That's just stupid.
You're right. You're not lying. It's more probable that you're mistaken.

Quote:
And I'm not a coward. I preach where it isn't going to get me killed. I spent most of my beginning years as a Christian preaching aloud on the street and to anyone who would listen you know where it got me? Placed in a mental institution taking a crap load of meds.
What a god, eh? Instead of doing the smart thing and proving its existence on terms that make sense, it opts out to use special revelation and privileged knowledge. How lucky for you to know god so intimately while your crazy book demands I just take your claim at face value and believe you with no evidence to verify it. That's SUPER DUPER fair. But hey... you've got guts if you've been preaching your privileged information to areas that would see you killed.

Quote:
My family isn't christian and when I converted they thought I had gone insane because I was a devoted Wiccan for all of my adolescence!
Respectfully, I think I see a pattern developing here.

Quote:
My grandfather was a Free-Maison and all of his ideals rubbed off on my Mom who believes that science proves that God doesn't exsist. I don't believe that, I believe science only shows the way that the universe came about after God put it into motion.
Prove that a god is necessary for the hypothesis of creation. Perhaps I should get out my theological argument bingo board. I'm pretty seasoned at this by now.

Quote:
Where the hell do you get off judging me when you don't even know me? Like it says in the bible there is a time for everything and I know when to keep my mouth shut and when to make some noise. I'm not a coward because I don't attack peoples beliefs. I do unto others. If I wanted someone to come up to me and tell me everything I thought was wrong and they are right because it's what they believe I would have had a heart attack by 21.
Yeah... but your personal revelation is wrong. If the message of Christ was perfect; everyone would be Christian. Hell... you guys can't even agree amongst yourselves. But I guess I can take your word on it that you NOW after thousands of years... have the final and true revelation of this god of yours. Clearly the history of Christianity was a polite mistake.

Quote:
It gets old arguing with people day in and day out and leaving all hot headed and pissed off. No one wants to be angry all the time. When we are having a religious debate, yes speak your mind and defend your beliefs but to go up to people and just ask "Hey what do you believe?" So I can attack it if it doesn't suit mine is just asking for a fight and THAT isn't very Christian.
I'm not a Christian. What the hell makes you think I have to engage with you on Christian terms? Maybe you get angry BECAUSE your ideas can't stand up to scrutiny. I don't care what you think is Christian and not Christian. It's Christian to hate women and love homosexuals but still think their lifestyle is a sin. Your book endorses viciousness and benevolence both. Why should anyone have to take that remotely seriously?

Quote:
Pothead, I've been baptized three times. Once when I asked if I could when I was 9, then my family wouldn't let me go back to church so I became Wiccan, once at 21 but I ended up leaving that church because they wouldn't help me with the negative stuff I had going on (with the entities) and again by this church called the World Mission Society Church of God who had claimed they knew the second coming Christ....now I am searching for a new Church home because I found a lot of fallacies in the WMSCOG.
Yes, of course. Go to another church that suits YOU instead of you suiting the word of God. It's interesting how much people's gods reflect what they already believe and want.

I don't think I've ever met a Christian who wasn't heartbroken that they lived under the thumb of a blood thirsty war god.

For what it's worth; I retract my more... personal attacks on you.

I used to be incredibly devout. I felt the very presence of the lord and Jesus held my hand when I was a child. And all it took for me to see behind the wizard's curtain was to pay attention to the brutal god of the Old Testament, learn about cat dicks, and realize that if the bible got it wrong on slavery and women, how could it have gotten anything else right? The knowledge of God is a critically important, and vastly great emergency and the best this god could ever do is offer up a cosmic riddle, confusion, anecdotal evidence, revealing itself to a bunch of pissed off illiterate desert nomads. Let's ignore the fact that this god didn't bother to reveal or prove itself to a society that had a printing press, writing, and rudimentary technology to document the events such as China. No... let's go to a dilapidated part of the world and have another revelation. You know, because teaching and giving knowledge like that has always worked before, amirite?

Since you like bible quotes, I'll give you one of my favorites:

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron - Judges 1:19

But I'm sure you could just blame Judah for some misdeed because god never loses a war; right?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #795
AshleyO

Upon reflection... I take back everything I said, Blue Ballerina. It was mean.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #796
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Can we please not add to the stigma attached to mental illness?
why not ? is there something wrong with it?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #797
Timeless Rebellion

Oh god, now we have two preachers in here.
And two subjects to turn to Pastafarianism.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #798
AshleyO

It's probably not fair to go after Blue_Ballerina, TR.

Now that she's in the fray, I'm stepping out of this conversation.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #799
Timeless Rebellion

*sigh* Fine. I shall just focus my conversion on Pothead then.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #800
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
why not ? is there something wrong with it?
Yes, there is.