Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Dr.Faustust

Vampire the Masqurade is still playable

Salutations, I'm a G.M for. VtM, if you have , or continually play you will know what I'm talking about.. Otherwise there will probably be little for you here. First of all , I prefer masquerade over requiem , it in my opinion has a better mythos and more enjoyable game play. Since VtM is heavy in goth subculture references I figure this is a good place to ask. Some friends of mine wish me to run a text based game online , the problem is I have no idea how to make the transition from in person to online. So if any of you have ran a campaign or are in one any tips would be appreciated , aswell as any decent sites so I could have an example of good online storytelling .
Dr.Faustust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
XNyarlathotepX

Text based RPG's go SO SLOW unless you are doing them in chats.
You should just get a group together.
Personally I think VtM's combat system is kind of wonky, and I frankly don't like a lot of things about how their vampires work. But, to each his own, I suppose.
XNyarlathotepX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Dr.Faustust

Thanks, I know it's system has it's share of problems but I like the detail that white wolf goes into for each clan, as well as the the over all mythos they use for their story. How would I go about doing this using face book as my platform for getting a group together? I have several interested players , it just that my computer savvy is limited and I would hate for me the GM to be holding back the group
Dr.Faustust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Aeon

I run nWoD games sometimes at my crib, and some of my friends play Masquerade! I don't know about doing a message board game, but we have been experimenting playing table-top (Pathfinder in this case) using a facebook group and rolz.org. Could definitely be done. I suppose this counts as a bump.

Pleased to see this forum also sports the Crawling Chaos... <-edit
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote