Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Dreggas

Introduction thing...

Hello, Just a quick intro. Everyone calls me Dreggas thus the nickname. I don't do these well but figured I would say hi and say I joined.

I am into music, both making/playing and listening to as well as DJing. I like books especially those on ancient history, philosophy, certain poetry and less edumacational stuff like Medieval fantasy (suprised..I am sure).

I am also firmly addicted to several strains of video games most notably Guild Wars.
Dreggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

I hate to be a forum Nazi but answer the questions please. It'll all help us a lot, thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Dreggas

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

- For work I am a software engineer, for hobbies I enjoy computer games, listening to and making music, DJing, Clubbing, going to fancy malls where only the rich shop and just lurk. I also like reading, astronomy, and quantum theory/mechanics even though I am a layman in both.

2. Where are you from?

California, the OC

3. Who is your favorite author?

Hard one, I am a fan of Lovecraft, Shakespeare and Poe. I also like Robert Jordan, Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, Clive barker, and Stephen King.

4. What are your favorite films?

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, The Matrix Films, Constantine, A Scanner Darkly, Altered States, The Saw Movies, the alien trilogy NOT including Ressurection, Scanners, The Subspecies series, The puppet master movies.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Hmmmm. well I was stuck with the wedding march the first time, this time I'd have to say History by Funker Vogt because, I obviously didn't learn my lesson.

6. At your funeral?

Dead and Buried - Alien Sex Fiend

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Quickly.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Mahogany, with purple velvet lining.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I'd have to say my Dickies I modified to have chains running down the sides and my platform boots, then again I like my floor length skirt just as much. the top is more negotiable.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not being looked at funny for being in a toy store.

11. What's your favorite band?

Damn, well lemme see I like Combichrist, Velvet Acid Christ, The Cruxshadows, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut. As for old stuff there's Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, Gitane Demone, Nosferatu and others. Mainstream there's Lacuna Coil, Marilyn Manson, and others. I like a lot of bands, too many to list here.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I went to High School, barely made it through then worked a bunch of shit jobs while attending the "Barnes & Noble" School of Software design and programming and ended up working my way up as a computer programmer.

13. Why did you join?

I am starting life 2.0 where I live how I want to live. I want to be me again and this site is one of the ones I used to hear about.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Male.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
I hate to be a forum Nazi but answer the questions please. It'll all help us a lot, thanks.
Nah I get it, my bad for being quick on the trigger and not realising there was more to the bio that was needed.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Xombie

You seem fun. :] I like you. Welcome to the boards.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
You seem fun. :] I like you. Welcome to the boards.
Why thank you, happy (in a totally depressed way) to be here
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
ZyklonB

No, no depressedness! happyyyynneeesssss!!!!! =p Hi.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Dreggas

ello, ello.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #9
Delkaetre

Ahh, you like Weiss and Hickman? I'm assuming, then, that you must have read their Dragonlance series- Raistlin is my idol!
That's a pleasingly diverse music list which matches oddly well with my own... hopefully I'll find out a few new bands worth listening to.
Welcome to the boards!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #10
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Ahh, you like Weiss and Hickman? I'm assuming, then, that you must have read their Dragonlance series- Raistlin is my idol!
That's a pleasingly diverse music list which matches oddly well with my own... hopefully I'll find out a few new bands worth listening to.
Welcome to the boards!
Raistlin was my hero. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the first movie of chronicles which should be out soon. I am even stoked to hear they have Keifer Sutherland doing his voice. What should be sweet is the movie is done in classic animation as well.

As for music. Yeah I am rather diverse. At least within certain genres. A pleasure to meet ya
Old 01-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #11
Steppenwolf

wellcome to gnet
Old 01-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
Dreggas

Many thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #13
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~

Ah, you ever get to Santa Barbara? Or LA (for shows and such?)
I get to L.A. once in a while, haven't been to Santa Barbara. Now that life 2.0 is beginning for me I am making the attempt to get out more, it's all a matter of logistics.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #14
bleedingheart344

Welcome, Dreggas. I also play Guild Wars. My characters are named Sephora the Macabre, I Am A Guy Irl, Shemale Scyther, Shemale Healer, Volk the Dervish, Guess What Im Male, and Shikamaru Senpai.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Welcome, Dreggas. I also play Guild Wars. My characters are named Sephora the Macabre, I Am A Guy Irl, Shemale Scyther, Shemale Healer, Volk the Dervish, Guess What Im Male, and Shikamaru Senpai.
I am guessing your male LOL.

So far I have 'Dreggas Grazzt' in Prophecies and EOTN. I have to get my hands on Nightfall and Factions.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggas
Raistlin was my hero. I am eagerly awaiting the release of the first movie of chronicles which should be out soon. I am even stoked to hear they have Keifer Sutherland doing his voice. What should be sweet is the movie is done in classic animation as well.
Is it going to be done in classic animation? Last I heard it was going to be all CGI but that was fairly early in the production process so it could have changed. I'm also a bit unhappy about their choice for Goldmoon's voice as it they seem to have decided that she should sound like the Native American version of Xena *sigh* oh well

Anyway welcome to the boards ^.^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #17
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Is it going to be done in classic animation? Last I heard it was going to be all CGI but that was fairly early in the production process so it could have changed. I'm also a bit unhappy about their choice for Goldmoon's voice as it they seem to have decided that she should sound like the Native American version of Xena *sigh* oh well

Anyway welcome to the boards ^.^
It's classic animation and comes out this month, the 15th.

I actually thought Xena was a good choice for Goldmoon. I think if they had gone with a more native american thing the connotation of Native American = barbarian would have been pretty stereotypical.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #18
bleedingheart344

Quote:
I am guessing your male LOL.

So far I have 'Dreggas Grazzt' in Prophecies and EOTN. I have to get my hands on Nightfall and Factions.
Ah, the Shemale characters, Guess what Im Male, and I Am A Guy Irl are all female characters. I have all campaigns, beaten prophecies and factions so far.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
Dark Clarissa

Welcome to gnet! :-)
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #20
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Ah, the Shemale characters, Guess what Im Male, and I Am A Guy Irl are all female characters. I have all campaigns, beaten prophecies and factions so far.
I figured they were female characters and the names were to deflect HNG's who were of the "your fem character makes me hot I hope you are a chick too" vein.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #21
bleedingheart344

Spot on. ^_^'
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Clarissa
Welcome to gnet! :-)
Muchas grassyass
Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #23
Solumina

Quote:
It's classic animation and comes out this month, the 15th.
Sweet I didn't know that it would be so soon

Quote:
I think if they had gone with a more native american thing the connotation of Native American = barbarian would have been pretty stereotypical.
When they picked Lucy Lawless for the part I thought that she was a great choice but to have her do the voice of Xena I think is a bit of a mistake (I think Xena is a bit cold and harsh of a voice for the character and it odes not allow Ms. Lawless to showcase much of her emotional range) but I don't know the filmmaker's vision of the books so maybe it will work fantastically *hopes*
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
Dreggas

Quote:
Sweet I didn't know that it would be so soon
Yeah, it was supposed to be this past fall. just go to dragonlance-movie.com, they have trailers and the artwork there.

Quote:
When they picked Lucy Lawless for the part I thought that she was a great choice but to have her do the voice of Xena I think is a bit of a mistake (I think Xena is a bit cold and harsh of a voice for the character and it odes not allow Ms. Lawless to showcase much of her emotional range) but I don't know the filmmaker's vision of the books so maybe it will work fantastically *hopes*
You mean when they picked Lucy Lawless to do the voice Goldmoon? LOL. Actually I think she's perfect because she did Xena, she had the voice for a strong character like goldmoon while still maintaining enough femininity so she doesn't come off sounding like some stereotypical "cave woman" either.