Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #201
BLEED REBELION!!!

Joker in the pack: “ EITHER KEEP YOUR LIPS OFF HIS DICK OR DON'T FUCKING COMPLAIN.”
I actually found this last sentence to be pretty effing funny (for some reason) I lol’d at it.

ChelseaGirl: Thank you very very much for responding. I’m very sorry for your experience. It sucks, I know. It seems like this is sooooo common I know so many girls who have similar experiences and it can just make me hate the world sometimes. Do you feel “healed” or “over it”? If you don’t want to talk about it here you can PM me, if you don’t want to talk at all its still okay.
My boy friend is 19 almost 20.

You said :
“It made me feel like he was trying to take advantage and violate me - I was associating it with the past issue of being sexually violated....it brings out that terror/desperation/confusion/anger that you felt when you were being abused, and you end up connecting the two actions subconsciously “
I agree with this a lot. I kinda thought something like this vaguely before, but when you posted it, I thought you hit the nail on the head. I would never tell him I was associating him with the past because I think that might be insulting. He is no where near a bad person. He would never do shit like that. But he did definitely trigger some of those old feelings. I felt the same type of fear but to a lesser extent. I felt like he cared more about his physical needs than me, which is how I feel about the bastard who molested me. I know its and unfair association. I just feel like anyone with sexual desire for me wants to **** me. And I intellectually understand that its not true, but I cant help but feel that way. I love him so much but when he is touching me or trying to move a little farther (sexually speaking) I just feel trapped. I want to scream, it makes me feel like I’m drowning. It just makes me feel horrible. I kinda feel like I should just have sex with him. My train of thought will go something like “ well, I’m not really a virgin anyways, what does it matter, I’m not saving anything” . I realize how stupid that sounds but sometimes I think it. I have learned to ignore some of my stupider “weak little girl” thoughts like that one. When I’m uber depressed I start to think that way, and I realize its me being self destructive. I’ve read that I need to “realize and assert my self worth“. And I think saying no is asserting it in some ways.
I just don’t understand how I am supposed to get past the physical reaction of fear I have? How can I help it? I cant control how much fear I feel when someone is trying to be intimate with me.

Example of what happens : I feel slightly uncomfortable, embarrassed.
And then I start feeling like I should run away. I want to say something but I cant. I get really nervous and feel like I’m going to throw up. My heart pounds really fast and I think I might pass out. My chest aches like someone’s sitting on it I cant breathe. By now her realizes there’s something wrong and he tries to talk to me. I feel a strong amount of hate towards him, but I realize its not really towards him but the situation. I still cant calm down even once he’s stopped. I go sit in the bathroom alone. I still feel really physically sick. I’m angry and scared. I squeeze my eyes shut and dig my nails into my knees. I talk to myself say things like “ I am in control, everything will be okay” in a mantra like fashion (which helps).
And that’s how I react to almost nothing at all. He’s got me to take my top off a few times cuz he likes touching/looking at me, which I don’t think is a big enough deal for me to have such a reaction but I do. I can only imagine how much worse I’d feel If I actually let him fuck me…. Ughhhh that would be horrible…

…. Its sooo much easier to date girls… I don’t have any of these issues with them… but w/e.

I’ll sort it out..

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #202
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I'm ok with that.

They are.
In what way is that relevant?

I wasn't really concerned with your replies to me, but thanks for taking the time to tell me all of this.

Also, I have no desire to be any nicer than I am, because you might notice I'm not actually all that mean. If you recall, I never insulted you.

Allllso, I do consider people's feelings before opening my mouth. I don't think most of what I say is that hurtful.
If you're hurt by me saying you're wrong, that's a problem within yourself.
You either disagree and move on because you believe strongly that you did right, or you agree and so there is no conflict.
If someone tells you that what you said hurts them, then it hurts them. You aren't challenging them in a helpful way at that point, or really thinking about them at all; you are only focused on yourself, and how -you- would deal with the situation.

You've had more than one person tell you that sometimes the things you say...or, more to the point, the way you put them...is less than helpful, so why do you continue in such a behavior?

You are always wanting others to drop everything and change the way they are instantly. Why not do the same, and actually be considerate of others for a change? It can't be THAT hard to be compassionate. :/
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #203
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
What I was arguing wasn't that people are born predisposed to a certain nature, merely that those who don't act exactly like Tam Li Hua aren't the product of a BAD AND WRONG environment.
Where did I say that they were definitely a product of an unhealthy environment? As I recall, I specifically said that it's one possibility among many.

If you don't like what I write, then put me on ignore, Gothicus.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #204
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Example of what happens : I feel slightly uncomfortable, embarrassed.
And then I start feeling like I should run away. I want to say something but I cant. I get really nervous and feel like I’m going to throw up. My heart pounds really fast and I think I might pass out. My chest aches like someone’s sitting on it I cant breathe. By now he realizes there’s something wrong and he tries to talk to me. I feel a strong amount of hate towards him, but I realize its not really towards him but the situation. I still cant calm down even once he’s stopped. I go sit in the bathroom alone. I still feel really physically sick. I’m angry and scared. I squeeze my eyes shut and dig my nails into my knees. I talk to myself say things like “ I am in control, everything will be okay” in a mantra like fashion (which helps).
This is very, very well documented, actually. It's PTSD--Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Please, read about some of the common reactions.

All of this equates to what I (and others) have already said: you need to seek professional help, in some fashion. Counseling, therapy, whatever. You need help and it doesn't make you weak to ask for it or admit that you need it. Please, before things get worse or spiral out of control, take some time to reevaluate your behavior and reactions to things--and, be honest with yourself. There's no shame in needing and accepting help. And, think of it this way, it can only get better. Right? -smile-
Wynneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #205
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Where did I say that they were definitely a product of an unhealthy environment? As I recall, I specifically said that it's one possibility among many.

If you don't like what I write, then put me on ignore, Gothicus.
As I said before, you said it was a likely possibility. I am alleging that this is not the case. Read the post I made prior to that one for more information.

I could put you on ignore, or I could sweep the foundation from your citadel of fatuousness and watch it gloriously cascade into ruin. The latter is more gratifying for me.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #206
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
As I said before, you said it was a likely possibility. I am alleging that this is not the case. Read the post I made prior to that one for more information.
Maybe in the morning. It's late, and I'm tired. But thanks for the offer.

Quote:
I could put you on ignore, or I could sweep the foundation from your citadel of fatuousness and watch it gloriously cascade into ruin. The latter is more gratifying for me.
Whatever floats your boat, sweetcheeks.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #207
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Maybe in the morning. It's late, and I'm tired. But thanks for the offer.
You better read that post, Tam. I spent time on that.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #208
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
If someone tells you that what you said hurts them, then it hurts them. You aren't challenging them in a helpful way at that point, or really thinking about them at all; you are only focused on yourself, and how -you- would deal with the situation.

You've had more than one person tell you that sometimes the things you say...or, more to the point, the way you put them...is less than helpful, so why do you continue in such a behavior?

You are always wanting others to drop everything and change the way they are instantly. Why not do the same, and actually be considerate of others for a change? It can't be THAT hard to be compassionate. :/
What you're saying is wrong an groundless.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #209
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
groundless.
Has anyone else noticed how often this word has come up recently? I feel like I've used this word three times in posts I've made to this forum in the last day.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #210
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed how often this word has come up recently? I feel like I've used this word three times in posts I've made to this forum in the last day.
I didn't notice, no.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #211
gothicusmaximus

It must be because I've been talking to Tam and Wynneth so much in the last day.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #212
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
It must be because I've been talking to Tam and Wynneth so much in the last day.
Yes. I'm quite sure that was it, Gothicus.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #213
Wynneth

Quote:
Oh, my sides.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #214
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynneth
Oh, my sides.
Are you just a clone of Tam?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #215
Wynneth

Quote:
Are you just a clone of Tam?
Are you?

-cue Twilight Zone music- Any second, now, Rod Serling.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #216
gothicusmaximus

Actually, Tam and Wynneth are the same age, eerily.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #217
Wynneth

Quote:
Actually, Tam and Wynneth are the same age, eerily.
Is that so? -checks Tam's profile- It is! Or, well, it will be.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #218
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I would like it very much if you would read my posts and what they actually say for once, instead of turning them into something they are not.
I read a post, and answered to it.
Liusaidh mentioned empirical evidence. On the other hand instead of countering with empirical evidence, you merely made a statement whose connotations are that "anythign can be right because anything could be true"
That's what is was, and that's what I responded to.
I don't know the context of this fight, I just know I saw a logical fallacy and I couldn't let that pass by.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #219
Mir

Round 41.

Bicker, bicker, bicker.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #220
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Round 41.

Bicker, bicker, bicker.
Whine, whine, whine.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:21 AM   #221
BLEED REBELION!!!

Wynneth if you look at the end of page 8 you'll see a reply I left to one of your previous posts. I dont know if you saw it or not. Buy, you didnt reply.
I'll read the link you posted when I get home but of course I have to go school... ick. I said somewhere in a recent post that I WILL go and get therapy I told my mom I wanted to I just dont know when that will happen because my fam has some money issues right now. But I think I could be going soon...

It seems like everything on G.net turns into a fight on G.net... cant we all just get along??!!! *starts to sing a song about how we are all GOD's children..... LULZ

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:37 AM   #222
Valravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynneth
This is very, very well documented, actually. It's PTSD--Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Please, read about some of the common reactions.

All of this equates to what I (and others) have already said: you need to seek professional help, in some fashion. Counseling, therapy, whatever. You need help and it doesn't make you weak to ask for it or admit that you need it. Please, before things get worse or spiral out of control, take some time to reevaluate your behavior and reactions to things--and, be honest with yourself. There's no shame in needing and accepting help. And, think of it this way, it can only get better. Right? -smile-
I hope you aren't speaking about psychiatry help because that is definetly not help.
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 AM   #223
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I don't know the context of this fight, I just know I saw a logical fallacy and I couldn't let that pass by.
Ah. Gotcha.

Moving on....
Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM   #224
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valravn
I hope you aren't speaking about psychiatry help because that is definetly not help.
Do you mean psychology or psychiatry? Either way, BLEED could probably benefit from a good therapist or counselor to help work through her problems, but she doesn't strike me as the type of person to need medication for it.

BLEED: Yeah, I don't know why these things always turn into fights about how exact one has to be with one's posts. :/ Regardless, though, I hope you've found something useful in the past 8 pages. XD
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #225
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I said somewhere in a recent post that I WILL go and get therapy I told my mom I wanted to I just dont know when that will happen because my fam has some money issues right now. But I think I could be going soon...
If money is an issue then you may want to look into seeing a clinical social worker as they are a bunch cheaper. Seeing one is essentially the same as seeing any other certified therapist (minus a psychiatrist cuz they can prescribe drugs) so that may be a good option for you and your family.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote