Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
darkenedwing

darkenedwing, just another user.

Hi, I am Jason from Central Florida. my hobbies are reading manga and playing video games. I am a big manga/anime fan, and currently have 10GB's of anime on my computer and 15GBs of manga, and also own over $500 worth of anime and manga. I love to play video games, my favorite genre's are Real Time Strategy games, RPG's, and First/Third Person Shooters. my favorite series are Metal Gear Solid and the "Tales" games. I am 14 and am going into the 9th grade, I have been homeschooled since 6th grade so I dont get to go out and interact with people alot, I also live in a very small town.

my favorite author for books is probobly Robert Ludlum, I am a very big fan of his Bourne series.

Im not into a whole lot of movies, I like anime alot more, and my favorite anime is probobly Full Metal Panic.

Im not sure which music I want played at my wedding or funeral.

If I could choose how I die I would want to die saving somebody else from dying, preferably a girlfriend/wife. im not sure what kind of casket I would want.

Im not sure what my favorite outfit is, I accually dont have any gothic chlothes sadly.
but my favorite Tshirt is either my Megatokyo 3ViL L33T shirt or my Megatokyo Capture the B34R shirt.

What I miss about being a little kid... im 14, so cant I still be a little kid XD

My favorite band is probobly Marilyn Manson, I love Metal/Alternitive, but I also like Japanese music and techno.

I am going into high school, I want to become a psychologist/ therapist, but I have a long ways to go.

I acually joined because I was looking for a pair of pants and this site seemed like It could help me, but I feel like ill be staying for more than just that.

and my gender... male.
darkenedwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenedwing
I acually joined because I was looking for a pair of pants and this site seemed like It could help me, but I feel like ill be staying for more than just that.
I hope that you do. However if you want to stick around, accept a quick word of advice. We like spelling, punctuation and grammar. I know that you know where the shift key is so use it properly. Capital letters in the middle of sentences are annoying. Lower case letters at the start of sentences are annoying.

You seem nice and you take advice well, so I kinda like you. Welcome.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
darkenedwing

sorry for capitalizing in the middle of a sentance, I have a tendancy to do that, but I dont know why(my posts take a long time from going back and correcting capitalization(sorry if I spelled it wrong)).
Old 06-16-2006, 01:47 AM   #4
Legacy of Wulf

Quote:
sorry for capitalizing in the middle of a sentance, I have a tendancy to do that, but I dont know why(my posts take a long time from going back and correcting capitalization(sorry if I spelled it wrong)).
Try capitalizing the beginning of your sentences now then...
Legacy of Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
angel011

Also, try using the apostrophe (don't instead of dont).
Old 06-16-2006, 04:19 AM   #6
darkenedwing

Sorry for capitalizing in the middle of a sentance, not using apostrophe's, and not capitalizing the first word in the sentance.

And magpie, about what you said about taking advice well, If im new to a website, I would rather have people like me, then be a complete ass and be banned within 15 minutes, and within 15 minutes of me joining I got a "You seem nice and you take advice well, so I kinda like you. Welcome." ^_^
Old 06-16-2006, 05:40 AM   #7
Morrigan_Dubh

Hey kiddo.
It's very sweet that you still know you are a child at age 15. So I'll forgive your love of Marylin Mason (sp?)

Yokosou...
Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #8
darkenedwing

ooh, after 5 of my 7 posts of being correcting myself, I get to correct someone else XD

im 14, not 15
its Marilyn Manson

whats wrong with my love of marilyn manson? just curious

and... I think your avatar looks awesome.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:59 AM   #9
darkenedwing

Sorry if double-posting isen't allowed, but I have a question, I dont see a place to edit my posts, like the one above(I forgot to capitalize all the sentances), is it somewhere and I just dont see it, or do I have to make a certain number of posts before I am able to edit my posts?

Edit: When I asked the question, my newest post had the edit command, but not the older ones. I guess you have to have 9 posts before you can edit.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:51 AM   #10
Legacy of Wulf

Quote:
Sorry if double-posting isen't allowed, but I have a question, I dont see a place to edit my posts, like the one above(I forgot to capitalize all the sentances), is it somewhere and I just dont see it, or do I have to make a certain number of posts before I am able to edit my posts?

Edit: When I asked the question, my newest post had the edit command, but not the older ones. I guess you have to have 9 posts before you can edit.
If it's like a previous board I was on, you can't edit your posts after a certain time has passed, usually an hour.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #11
darkenedwing

Yep, I guess thats it, since now I can't edit the post I edited before.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #12
angel011

The time limit for editing is 15 minutes.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #13
Legacy of Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
The time limit for editing is 15 minutes.
That answers that question then.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
And magpie, about what you said about taking advice well, If im new to a website, I would rather have people like me, then be a complete ass and be banned within 15 minutes, and within 15 minutes of me joining I got a "You seem nice and you take advice well, so I kinda like you. Welcome." ^_^
You'd be surprised how many people DO take offense to a little advice. That's why I was surprised when you accepted it so graciously. I do hope that you stick around.

And to whoever said that the edit time is 15mins - it's actually 5mins.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #15
Niels

Welcome, you seem cool and you are willing to take advice without being an ass about it! Very good

I like you.

I have no doubt that you already have read the rules and the FAQ, but if you don't:
https://www.gothic.net/boards/faq.php?

Please stick around!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #16
darkenedwing

Just read the rules, they seem pretty easy to follow
I'll try and stick around, I want to get up to the very-cool "Goth as Fuck" status
Old 06-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
Niels

hahahahaha, ok, you do that.

You just need 100 posts to get it...!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #18
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
ooh, after 5 of my 7 posts of being correcting myself, I get to correct someone else XD

im 14, not 15
its Marilyn Manson

whats wrong with my love of marilyn manson? just curious
Thank you for correcting me, young pup.

Who is this Maryland Mansun is, anyway, and why do you love him so?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:01 AM   #19
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Hi, I am Jason from Central Florida. my hobbies are reading manga and playing video games. I am a big manga/anime fan, and currently have 10GB's of anime on my computer and 15GBs of manga, and also own over $500 worth of anime and manga.

Only $500 worth?? You slacking sweetheart. Welcome to Gnet, play nice... pay attention to grammar and sentence structure..and make lots of fun of the Korova Milkbar and you'll fit right in.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #20
darkenedwing

Here, I think the best thing to do is rephrase that sentance:
One of my favorite band is probobly Marilyn Manson(He has 3 song's I really like), but I like alot of bands, there are way too many to just choose one. I probobly have my Ipod earphones in my ears, or listening to music on my computer for 10 hours a day, and have around 1500 songs, so there are way too many bands for me to choose one favorite.

I guess that is how I should have put that paragraph originally.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #21
darkenedwing

Sanctus Dei, the exact ammount is: $590, and the ammount of Ramen noodles I have consumed more than makes up for it out of the 16 meals I had one week, 12 of them were made up of Ramen Noodles and Cheetos(my parents left me to fend for myself, while they worked 14 hour days)
Old 06-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #22
Sanctus Dei

Just wait until I post photos of my collection sweetheart... I promise the envious drooling will fill a 64oz big gulp.

(I'm currently at around 300+ videos and 100+ DVD's, which ofcourse doesn't include the boi's collection which is around 200+ DVD's) So all in all even if I rolled em' out at $10 per... that's around $6,000 (but this doesn't include wall scrolls, toys (like Bome *heart flutter*), magazines, posters, manga...etc.)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 AM   #23
Morrigan_Dubh

Ooh... Impressive... *licks screen*

*edit* Darkenedwing, Marilyn Manson is alright, but saying it's your favourtie band won't impress... tell me what you really like to listen too... Come sit on my knee, you can confide in Aunty Morrigan...
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 AM   #24
darkenedwing

Ooh, sitting on someones knee already, YAY

What I really like to listen too... well, I just learned about Type O Negative about a week ago, and I like alot of their songs. I also like Unearth, Powerman 5000, and Tool. But like I said before, I have over 1500 songs and I like probobly 1400 of them. I said he is ONE of my favorite bands, since my "favorite" probobly changes every week, I don't think I have a band that I like more than any others. Example:
if I posted my intoduction a few weeks ago, I would of said DragonForce was my favorite band, because they were who I liked most at that time(usually when I get a new CD/ download songs from a new band, I like them more than any other for about a week).

Edit: Licks screen too
Old 06-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #25
whispers

welcome youngun its good to know that you have different tastes aside form the ussual (death, doom dark) that speaks good about yourself. As it was said before open your eyes and listen to the sounds and you might survive andget wiser.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote