Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Saya

Of course!

Quote:
A group of rabbis and Jewish mystics have taken to the skies over Israel, praying and blowing ceremonial trumpets to ward off swine flu.
About 50 religious leaders circled over the country on Monday, chanting prayers and blowing the horns called "shofars".
The flight's aim was "to stop the pandemic so people will stop dying from it," Rabbi Yitzhak Batzri was quoted as saying in Yedioth Aharanot newspaper.
The flu is often referred to as H1N1 in Israel, where pigs are seen as unclean.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8196807.stm

Why hasn't anyone thought of doing this sooner?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
HellforgedX

I did, but the rabbis didn't stay aloft long enough, and their screaming kinda drowned out the trumpets. Maybe next time I'll use some sort of air-travel vehicle, instead of a catapult.

Here's to hoping this works.

BTW, unless you are very old, very young, or already very sick, there is nothing to worry about with the swine flu. It'll kill the same people the flu kills already.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX View Post
I did, but the rabbis didn't stay aloft long enough, and their screaming kinda drowned out the trumpets. Maybe next time I'll use some sort of air-travel vehicle, instead of a catapult.

Here's to hoping this works.

BTW, unless you are very old, very young, or already very sick, there is nothing to worry about with the swine flu. It'll kill the same people the flu kills already.
Well one of the concerns is that swine flu does affect young and healthy adults more than other strains of the flu, but yeah I'm not worried. A few people I know have it and it was nasty (and they're only a little older than me), but they're all getting better.

Also, apparently they're afraid a strong outbreak might develop in Canada so The Public Health Agency of Canada is encouraging everyone to get a "flu buddy", so if you get sick you have someone to take care of you, unless you get really bad, that way hospitals won't be over run:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/...200/story.html

But who needs a flu buddy when you have flying rabbis?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote