Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

DC’s DEADMAN coming to TV?

According to this blog at Newsarama, the CW is interested in developing DC's DEADMAN for television.

Quote:
The CW has found its Smallville follow-up. Creator of Supernatural, Eric Kripke, will be writing and producing a Deadman television series for them, currently in the developmental stage.

Quote:
The series will be a drama says Deadline. Based on the character created by Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino in Strange Adventures #205, Deadman, aka Boston Brand is a former trapeze artist murdered during a performance and fated to continue on as a ghost. Deadman, who is starting in the upcoming arc of the new DC Universe Presents series starting in September, is given the “gift” to inhabit any living beings’ body thanks to the Hindu goddess Rama Kushna in order to help them solve crimes in their own lives.

“We’re looking next year to do a superhero show if the right superhero comes to be,” CW president Mark Pedowitz said at TCA last month, noting the advantage of having Time Warner-owned DC Comics in the family.
This is good news, I think. I've always been intrigued by the story of Boston Brand and his tortured existence as ghost/superhero, although he has gone through some changes over the years. If it was done well, it could be interesting. I'm concerned that it's a CW project ... does that mean he'll have to be a 22 year old hunk who loses his shirt on a regular basis? Because that would be awful.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
CornSnake

Apparently the CW was also supposed to do a series based on DC's Raven as well, but I still have not seen anything on that yet either. Most of the articles on the subject haven't really been updated since last December. But this Is the first I'm hearing of the Deadman series. God, I really hope the CW does not fuck these concepts up with more vampire diaries esque storytelling.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote