Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #2001
Crying_Crimson_Tears

The last movie I saw was some chick flick on Lifetime called "Selling Innocence." It was about some girl who started "modeling" for this online agency and she thought this guy was for real and was going to make her famous. But he just made her pose in sexy poses and clothes and stuff and pretty much almost made her strip online to get her photos taken down off of the site. Then some rapist guy stalked her and almost killed her. It was actually a very frightening movie because this stuff really happens in the world.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #2002
Vrante

Last film I watched was the extended cut of King Kong with my friend when he stayed over a few days ago. Pretty good.
Vrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #2003
Tirananniel

Hostel. I absulutely hate that movie. I was only watching it because my mum didn't believe me when I told her it was shit. Well, it is. Eveyone was saying it was such a scary, gory, disturbing movie, and that people actually had to leave the theautre because of the gore, but all the movie consists of is this: 40 to 50 minutes of people either getting high, drinking, being naked, or fucking. A secene of a guy getting a drill soved in his body, which you don't even get to see, then he gets his feet half cut off, then he gets his head cut off. Whoop dee fucking doo. Then the Olie guy just disappers. The Californian guy gets his fingers cut off, saves the asian girl, asian girl kills herself, guy kills Non-Doctor-Shakey-Hands. MOVIES OVER!

I Dunno about anyone else, but this movie had no real if you ask me. Ah well, I'm a hard ass when it comes to gore movies.
Tirananniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #2004
Toxic_Envy

Revolver or something like that. I missed the first ten minutes of it and I got so confused I didn't have any idea what was happening me and my dad were watching it with stupid confused looks on our faces till it ended.
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #2005
ashleyxnicole

Last film I watched was The Illusionist. Not too bad. With Edward Norton. Reminded me a lot of The Prestige with the ever graceful David Bowie.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #2006
son_of_putrefaction

Nosferatu!! a masterpiece. youtube isn't just for memes after all.

I love the illumination and Count Orlok is just amazing.

Tomorrow I'll see The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

German expressionism ftw.
son_of_putrefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #2007
JCC

The God Who Wasn't There by... somebody or other.

The last fictional film I saw was probably Donnie Darko; I love that film .

EDIT: Tirannial (sorry if I spelt it wrong) have you ever seen Cannibal Holocaust? Banned in lots of countries, including the UK. It used to be on YouTube but I think they took it off. Anyway; the director had to go to court with the actors to prove that he hadn't killed them because the gore looked so real. They'd actually used animal guts. That movie almost made me puke.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #2008
An Eccentric Cellist

The glorious thing about the US, the government can't do that.
I personally haven't seen it but there is movie out there I don't know the name, but I think it's a fusing of Nine Inch Nails music videos with scenes of torture. Very artistic, and beautifully done according to those who have seen it. They have warned that you won't be able to eat meat, or quite possibly anything for a couple of days. One girl couldn't eat for five days, one guy would get queasy at the sight of meat.

*grin* Legally Blonde, and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde
In my defense, they are cute, and the moral is that a woman be smart, and gorgeous.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #2009
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirananniel
Hostel. I absulutely hate that movie. I was only watching it because my mum didn't believe me when I told her it was shit. Well, it is. Eveyone was saying it was such a scary, gory, disturbing movie, and that people actually had to leave the theautre because of the gore, but all the movie consists of is this: 40 to 50 minutes of people either getting high, drinking, being naked, or fucking. A secene of a guy getting a drill soved in his body, which you don't even get to see, then he gets his feet half cut off, then he gets his head cut off. Whoop dee fucking doo. Then the Olie guy just disappers. The Californian guy gets his fingers cut off, saves the asian girl, asian girl kills herself, guy kills Non-Doctor-Shakey-Hands. MOVIES OVER!

I Dunno about anyone else, but this movie had no real if you ask me. Ah well, I'm a hard ass when it comes to gore movies.
I totally agree with everything you just said. I watched Hostel after my sister told me how 'amazing' and 'gruesome' it was. Meh. I was bored. I don't know much about horror movies, but I like the deaths in them to be a little more creative.

I watched Little Miss Sunshine yesterday. I want a little sister like Olive. But those 7 year old beauty queens were scarier than any horror movie.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #2010
Frankenscott

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is a 1964 film directed by Stanley Kubrick. Loosely based upon the Cold War thriller novel Red Alert (also known as Two Hours to Doom) by Peter George, the source material was refashioned as a black comedy by screenwriter Terry Southern. Dr. Strangelove satirizes the fragile nature of the Cold War conflict and the doctrine of mutual assured destruction. The film opens at the fictional Burpelson Air Force Base, where the insane General Jack D. Ripper has just ordered a first strike nuclear attack on the Soviet Union, and proceeds to follow the President of the United States, his advisors, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and a Royal Air Force (RAF) officer as they try to recall Ripper's bombers in order to prevent a nuclear apocalypse.
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #2011
CreepyTendencies

I finally got around to watching The Descent. Pretty decent. At least it was far, far better than The Cave.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #2012
Encaitare

The Illusionist... it was wonderful. Highly recommended.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #2013
Tirananniel

Yay! Someone agrees with me. Even though all of my friends and my mum think it's awful, still, someone agrees with me!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #2014
Tirananniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyTendencies
I finally got around to watching The Descent. Pretty decent. At least it was far, far better than The Cave.
I really liked that movie, but I am absuelutely TERRIFIED of the monster thingys. Gah! If you go to the thread that's about what you fear the most, you'll see how much they scare me...*sigh*...I'm a whimp, but I really don't care.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #2015
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm watching Save The Last Dance 2.

I have an addiction to dance movies... But this is terrible.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #2016
Tirananniel

Just watched Snakes on a Plane. I fricken LOVE that movie! It's awesome. The big constricter that eats the british guy is just...I don't even know how to describe it.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #2017
CreepyTendencies

Yesterday I watched Clerks II and Feast. Both were good but not great.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #2018
Cele

Watched "Mein Führer" yesterday.
It's supposed to be a striking humorous parody of Adolf Hitler and it is just amazingly boring.
It is not even funny by being politically incorrect !!!
Well i am going to watch the great Dictator by Charlie Chaplin these days.
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #2019
Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
Hehe. I've watched the second one now, and it didn't do anything for me. Perhaps it was because the movie was out- of- sync (darn torrent), or it might just be that the script was one of the worst ever, I don't know, but I definitely won't see it again...
I pretty much liked the second one though i preferred the first.
Still have to see number 3 and 4 but i was told they are not worth the money.
So it surprises me you like the third.
Have to get it XD
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #2020
Paper_Wings

I just watched "Swept in from the Sea", or at least part of it. I thought it was pretty good, although I only saw the end of the middle to the ending.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #2021
Temptation

Last movie I watched was a semi-old movie. It was the 40 year old virgin. It was funny.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #2022
Morrigan_Dubh

The Passion of the Christ

Filthy, rotten, twisted, Christian propaganda.

Otherwise quite good.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #2023
Beowulf

Cool She'll possess you. Then destroy you. She's death on wheels. She's...

Christine (1983, Directed by John Carpenter)

Arnie Cunningham is a typical high school nerd who is picked on, overruled by his parents, and has very few friends. Until he meets Christine, a run-down 1958 Plymouth Fury and buys her. Arnie learns that Christine has a thing for him and devotes his time to restoring her to Mint Condition. But overtime, Arnie begins to change and becomes disconnected with reality and his friends. Arnie's girlfriend Leigh and best friend Dennis find out that Christine's previous owner cared about nothing else when he bought her and find out that Arnie is becoming just like him. The only way they can bring Arnie back to reality is to destroy Christine, But Arnie and Christine are ready to destroy them first and any one else who gets in their way. IMDB
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #2024
Cyntrox

Eragon.

Meh, I was disapointed. I mean, it could have been so much better, but it just turned out to be a predictable, boring and unfinished movie.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #2025
Morrigan_Dubh

Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Fantastic sets - warped and nightmarish.
Fantastic plot - creepy and satisfyingly dark to the bone.