Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Neurosis

If Your Child is Gothic, Reform Through The Lord

This is a list that I believe most of you have already seen throughout the Internet. It is supposedly be from a website called Parody, but I was unable to find it. I am not here to begin a whinefest, and I inted this thread to not do so. It is just a clarification on how any of what is listed here has affected what most people say to you, even the extremes.

Like for me as an example: My pastor is very guillable, and whichever hoax chain mail slips through his inbox, he believes. Mostly would send to my father to ask if it is true or not. But this list has not been rejected by my father, but approved and notified. That Sunday, the pastor was preaching about today's society, how "rock music" affects teen's behavior, and how a person dresses reflects how they are on the inside. Would anyone else have any memories (I believe there will be a lot), as to which point in this list has viewed on what people believe that Goths really are? I'm not only talking about the usuals, but the others here which seem to be pushing the limit, exaggerated.

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counseling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nail polish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (*Remark: it's Count Chocula, not Dracula, idiots.)

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
BlackButterfly

Oh

freakin'

BROTHER!!!

Speaking of which... my baby brother (who is expressly NOT goth--he's a "jock"...)

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos. (he has both)
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Some of the rap he listens to is anti-social...)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. (like um... his big sister?!?)
-Drinks alcohol. (at those parties he goes to...)
-Complains of boredom.
-Requests time alone and quietness.
-Eats excessively.(and all this time I thought he was putting on weight for football...)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources.
-Plays video games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Masturbates (I'm pretty sure, unless he just thinks he's THAT pretty to spend such long periods in the bathroom...)

Well, that's more than five... I better tell him he's a goth... he'll be a bit confused at first, but I think he'll come around off that whole "jock" thing once I explain it to him...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
VisciaDacia

Haha, I received that email a few months ago and found it to be somewhat funny as that's how mostly all teenagers act. The most common thing I've encountered is the Satan thing....like wearing certain clothing or liking certain music is in any way indicative of one spiritual beliefs. Well, if you listen to Christian-themed music or the like, it kind of is. But besides that, I think it's baloney. With all the "emo" kids in my neighborhood, one might be used to seeing dark clothing and such, but really, there are still people nearby who get nervous if one of us walks by with our hood up or wearing black or a bright color(I like bright colors). I find it to be rather ridiculous, especially because most of the clothes I wear to go for a walk or something are not even that striking.
VisciaDacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
She_Is_My_Sin

Someone posted something like that on my old forum & everyone put how many out of the list they were. It's stuff like that which makes me giggle *sigh*.

Hmm I'm well over 5 on the list. I'm 25!
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
korinna5555

hahahahahahaha *rolls on the floor, giggling helplessly* that is freaking awesome!
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Wow. I havn't laughed so hard the whole day. I say the church should really start consentrating itself on the sacred and stop mixing itself into worldy life, becuase it just ends up standing there like an idiot with no clue about anything.

Oh, and I am 28 of the points above......yup, I am absolutely lost to Satan. It's hopeless. I spend time alone, of course, to get in touch with evil spirits and eat terribly dangerous and acult Count "Dracula" cereal.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
korinna5555

30 for me =P
Old 11-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
She_Is_My_Sin

Just one from the list...
Quote:
Is excessively awake during the night.
Yes. Because having a restless night means you're likely to be under control of the devil...I best start popping the sleeping pills.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #9
korinna5555

ya know what would be funny? if the pope had insomnia!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
She_Is_My_Sin

I bet the pope is at least 5 of those. At least.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
korinna5555

-Masturbates (you know he does)
Old 11-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
She_Is_My_Sin

I wonder how catholics will feel about the fact that the head of their church is a mahoosive goth....
Old 11-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #13
xx_euphoricnightmare_xx

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music.
-Shows an increasing interest in magic and vampires
-Drinks alcohol.
-Complains of boredom.
-Dislikes sunlight
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Watches cable television
-Violently shakes head to music.
-Is bisexual.

Wow I do most of those things.
That is hilarious!!!
No wonder my mom hates the way I dress.
This just made my day!!!!
xx_euphoricnightmare_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
She_Is_My_Sin

Yeah basically everything on that list makes you a goth.

I coughed a few minutes ago & therefore was communicating with Satan. 0_0
Old 11-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #15
xx_euphoricnightmare_xx

lolz. haha

me Goth?

Funny.

You're the first person to ever say that.
Most call me the definition of emo..
which I am not. ha.

anywho

my mom thinks I'm a satan worshiper and a lesbian. She told me so on Saturday. then I had to take all of my make up off, nail polish too. Then she told me she was going to call my teachers to make sure I wasn't wearing black or black makeup, because I live with my dad. Then I told him, and he told me he doesn't have a problem with the way I dress, as long as I don't get pregenant. lolz. plus my mom had to apologize to me and buy me new makeup.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #16
She_Is_My_Sin

Wow that's harsh. At least you got new make-up though. My mum suspects me of being a lesbian. But only because all the men I've ever liked look a bit feminine.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #17
xx_euphoricnightmare_xx

wow. my mom thinks I'm a lesbian because I always wear a big black hoodie over my tight shirts. She think girls should be sweet, innocent, and do what their told, not wear black, be anti authority, and non conforming. I told her that. I got locked in my room all day again. sigh..at least I dont have to see her again in two weeks. She's moving to another state because she hates me. But I'll live.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
c130

Quote:
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil spirits through meditation.)
Damn. I knew I was forgetting to do something.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #19
natharliak

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAH Yer

Hay tell me whats wrong with being goth??????
theres nothing i can find thats bad about it. just maby its a realy realy realy (almost taking it to the grave) period that were going through. so get over ''OMG my sons goth i must help him''
natharliak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #20
Draconysius

In reference to the beginning post, it's no fucking wonder your child feels that way! You're pushing such negative, racist rules on them. If I would have seen that a few years ago, I would've said "hail Satan" in a heartbeat, just to give the middle-finger to those inane rules.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #21
NME

I hope when my son is old enough that he falls under most of those things...
NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #22
Splintered

I pissed my pants laughing.
I laughed even harder when I realized alot of this applies to me, yet it doesn't either.

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counseling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

So does the military, unless they're in dress uniform. So what?

Some poor kid wearing a Relient K t-shirt: "But.. but.. but... I'm not Satanic! I swear!"

Hey! One I'm not guilty of!

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

But. That's the only jewerly I have.
That and necklace with a mountain dew little thing that pops it open.

May I introduce you to my FireFox bookmarks?

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

So. Because I listen to Gorgoroth, that makes me Satanic?
Pfft.
Hell, half of you can't even tell what they're saying. For all you know, they could be screaming, "I love Jesus!".

Hi. My name's "Random Unix Lover".
Welcome to my club.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
Hey! I do a sport!
I mean, yes, it is shooting people with pig fat, dressed in military clothing, and cursing up a storm... But it's a sport!

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
/me hides the other half of my bookmarks.

-Takes drugs.
My poor, poor, poor aspirin.

-Drinks alcohol.
Hi.
Welcome to Germany.
No offense meant to German people. You get enough Hitler jokes as it is.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
Hey! I won another one! I'm free!!!

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
Yeah. I mean it's not like people cut/burn themselves because they are compelled to remove negative emotions caused by pressure.

-Complains of boredom.
Hi. Welcome to American schools.

Hi. Welcome to being a teenager.

Hi. Welcome to being a teenager.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
Hi. Welcome to being a codemonkey.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like someone would want their own business...

-Spends large amounts of time alone.[/i]
One word: Geek.

Yeah. It's not like we like to think.
Or get headaches.

How else do you expect us to get pre-marital sex?

-Misbehaves at school.
What firecracker? I don't know of these firecrackers.

-Misbehaves at home.
"Jimmy! Why the dog painted blue?"

Hi. Welcome to being a teenager. My body has odd cravings. Like, potatoes at three in the morning.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (*Remark: it's Count Chocula, not Dracula, idiots.)
Mmm. Coco...

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
Mmmm. Salty.

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
Ha! I have you motherfuckers on this one! I watch the Christian channel on this one. Why? It's hilarious. And great fiction.

Damn you F.E.A.R. and Unreal Tournament!

Yeah, it's my bad for studying other subjects, and learning how program.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
It's not headbanging without the whiplash!

Average male teenager: "Hey. Look. Girl. Hey. Look. Dancing. Hey. Let's rub up against each other."

/me deletes the rest of my bookmarks.

-Masturbates
Hormones are the work of the devil!

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
"Jason! Get under the covers!"

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

Ha! Atheism isn't in there! What now?

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
I actually heard someone say, "Woe is me".
That was funny.

-Claims to be a goth.
Freedom!

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

They're going to stick me in a building with all the other gothic boys and girls, and a ton of very powerful drugs.
HELLYES!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by natharliak
Hay tell me whats wrong with being goth??????
theres nothing i can find thats bad about it. just maby its a realy realy realy (almost taking it to the grave) period that were going through. so get over ''OMG my sons goth i must help him''
Hun, if you can't type properly, I may be forced to eat your soul just to shut you up.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 AM   #24
CptSternn

Anyone here seen the new film 'Jesus Camp'? These right-wing nut jobs who claim to be doing all sorts of things in the name of Jesus really bother the feck out of me.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 AM   #25
PersephoneX

someone e-mailed something like that to my mom...we sat at the dinner table and crossed off all the points she did and all the ones my sibling and i did...it was very funny...it basically said my whole family are a bunch of heathens...how proud could a girl be?!?!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote