Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #5801
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1aP1sm View Post
And it's probably still more entertaining than Football.

I had to stop feeding the ducks/geese around here because if I'm there fishing they find me and come over to hang. I don't want them to get tangled in my line. So now I have to 'stealth mode' it to the back of the lake,
And they Still manage to find me.

They're alright though.
After all, it's their home.
And I'm just a visitor.
I used to play quite a bit of pool - it was all the rage here back in the late 80s, and I enjoyed it. I love surfing and casually folow the careers of some of our Aussie surfers - particularly some of the ladies. But anything with the words 'foot' and 'ball' in the title and I switch off. Same goes for tennis and cricket - yawn fests both !
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #5802
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Not really a sport, But...
How about pool? (Cue Games)

Almost everyone in the 'Scene' around here plays pool.
Might just be a local thing.
Shooting pool never gets old. Still have my cue stick from high school and most recently played at my brother in law's birthday. I love basketball myself, both playing and watching.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #5803
Pr1aP1sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
I love surfing and casually folow the careers of some of our Aussie surfers - particularly some of the ladies.
Now Surfing, I've never tried it, And honestly doubt I ever will,
BUT there is something artistic about it. In that ritualistic way that I find Martial Arts or even Dancing artistic. (But I do nether) And I imagine gliding along the surface, driven by the ocean's push, must be pretty Damn Cool.
Anytime you can do something in harmony with Nature is (In my opinion)... Beautiful in some way.

Don't mean for this to sound sexist, or condescending, but I love to see the ladies 'Shine' while doing things like that. They usually have a particular grace about them that takes it to a different level.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #5804
Pr1aP1sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Shooting pool never gets old. Still have my cue stick from high school and most recently played at my brother in law's birthday. I love basketball myself, both playing and watching.
It never does get old. I'm pretty rusty these days, but until recently played often.
Even though there are plenty of alright Pool Halls in the area I normally end up at dive bars in the city with quarter tables. Most of which are unleveled, and have crap felt on them. You really have to compensate for the lean of those table, But it makes things interesting.

HaaHa... When it comes to B-ball, the only thing I'm good at, is getting in everyone's way.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #5805
BourbonBoy

Quote:
It never does get old. I'm pretty rusty these days, but until recently played often.
Even though there are plenty of alright Pool Halls in the area I normally end up at dive bars in the city with quarter tables. Most of which are unleveled, and have crap felt on them. You really have to compensate for the lean of those table, But it makes things interesting.

HaaHa... When it comes to B-ball, the only thing I'm good at, is getting in everyone's way.
Heh, dives are the best places for shooting pool. The key is learning how to play with a warped table or cue stick. Believe it or not, getting in everyone's way is an asset in basketball. I still love how competitive it is around the world and above all else, few things beat watching a game where there's a 1 point difference with less than 5 seconds left.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Either the last shot fell in or didn't. Either way, instant joy and sorrow at the same time
Old 12-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #5806
Acharis

I've tried pool, am not great at it unless I get some flukey shots. It didn't help that I was having to avoid building support posts (yes), servers walking past, and people in nearby chairs! Really not a good sport for smaller bars.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #5807
Pr1aP1sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
I've tried pool, am not great at it unless I get some flukey shots. It didn't help that I was having to avoid building support posts (yes), servers walking past, and people in nearby chairs! Really not a good sport for smaller bars.
Wouldn't consider myself to be that good either, but I have my good nights.
And I enjoy it. Things like that keep me centered - If that makes sense?

Some nights it does get just too crowded. I am a weary creature by nature, so I tend to avoid those places on the nights they're packed.
Less People = Less Problems.

I too Hate those Damn Support Posts!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #5808
Acharis

Quote:
Less People = Less Problems.
You said it.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #5809
BourbonBoy

Watching my sister's dog this week with my brother in law in the hospital. Social sweetie that the puppy is, she needs constant support and someone around so it's me while I'm job hunting during the day. At least taking her for walks during the day will help a bit.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:19 AM   #5810
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
I used to play quite a bit of pool - it was all the rage here back in the late 80s, and I enjoyed it. I love surfing and casually folow the careers of some of our Aussie surfers - particularly some of the ladies. But anything with the words 'foot' and 'ball' in the title and I switch off. Same goes for tennis and cricket - yawn fests both !
Mick Fanning is a legend. What a year he's had. Punching a shark, his bro passing, and then he just missed out on the title. I hope 2016 is his year.

I love our new kitten. 10 week old buddle of purrs and he's crazy, so he fits right into our house. Another rescue animal, who loves to touch me when he goes to sleep... awwwwww

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #5811
Scientiam

How is everyone doing?
Scientiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #5812
BourbonBoy

Can't sleep for shit tonight, but I'm doing well. Mostly job hunting since graduating this month.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:55 AM   #5813
Stormbringer

Graduation congratulations BB and good luck with the job hunting. In March of this coming year, I will have been at the same job for twenty years. I do like the job and I find it rewarding in many ways, not only on a financial basis. I've kept the job for so long by being relatively good at what I do but mostly by resisting promotion. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "I can make a general in five minutes but a good horse is hard to replace."
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:41 AM   #5814
Anise

Ugh .. sleep! I hear you BB <3
For me, it's hard to find. Coupled with 'off' dreams ..
I've always had considerable bother with these strange things.
In the past; very lucid 'real' dreaming, like being in a movie LOL
Sounds almost good; but it's not. You awaken exhausted :/
A general feeling like you haven't actually slept or gained rest.

Also .. nightmares. Bad Juju.
Not so much a trouble of late; but in the past ugh PTSD 'mares

For the past while it's been the same dream, or same situational/environmental kind of deal. My childhood home, my Mother. Hard, just lingers with me throughout the day, a cloud around me. My Mother died in early 2013, it should soothe me to see her; I don't like that it doesn't.

Best wishes on the job hunt! With you in your pocket!
Cheering you on Yoooou caan doooo it!
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #5815
Acharis

Sleep sucks. It's making me slow on the uptake
Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #5816
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientiam View Post
How is everyone doing?
I'm perfectly fabulous. Had a feeling that life was going to change dramatically on 31.12.15.. and it has... for the good - soul shifting transformation happening with this chicky babe.

About fucking time!!

Got rid of the baggage, and looking forward to 2016. (so badly want him in my arms right now)

Plus we got a new kitty. He's name is Hector and i call him Hector Pascal. There's nothing like a 2am cat scan (this joke does not go down well in Hospital when you say "Oh mr Bat doesn't need a cat scan. He had one at 2am. in fact, he had several (the cats ran around and around the bedroom - of course I woke for a second, thought 'eh, that's the cats' and went back to sleep)

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #5817
SoftShocks

I haven't been able to get any sleep lately.
Also I have been crossdressing a lot as of late, that's always fun.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #5818
Geoluhread

So I recognize Saya here.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:47 AM   #5819
Saya

Oh hai Geo!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:53 PM   #5820
CallaWolf

So, after four years after making my introduction an one thing leading to another that lead to another (these past four years have been.....kinda crazy for me, isn't it strange how you can kinda lose track of the days, months, and years due to your mental health being astray?), I'm finally posting and wanting to make a presence here.

So hello everyone, how is it going? (not sure if this belongs in the introduction section or not, hence why I'm posting it in this particular thread)

EDIT: just noticed the last post in this thread was from over a year ago....sorry guys
CallaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:01 AM   #5821
Molster

And almost 3 years later....hey Calla, surviving amidst the madness that is currently going on around me...how's you?
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote