Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #7701
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I just meant I bet Absinthe is a relationship unicorn, like you are XD and I can't believe anyone wouldn't appreciate your kind of magic.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...B3DAA23467.jpg
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #7702
Miss Absynthe

Thank you for the 'Fuck them" sentiments, people.. I know that it's a bit fucked, but I feel like I sort of have permission to be angry now and that I'm not just being a whiney brat. I know with my logical mind that I don't need permission, but feelings aren't logical.

Anyways - it's helped, and thank you.

Quote:
...a relationship unicorn when they have one.
[insert joke about relationships with virgins]

It would be a really hilarious joke too. I'm just too tired to actually think of it.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #7703
Catch

Ya, "insert virgin joke here." Good one. (I don't know I feel mono-tone bitchy.)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #7704
ape descendant

Well, I've finally quit smoking (yay me!). So far its been a few days, and over the course of those day's I've managed to a) not smoke and b)not punch 10,000 puppies, despite my great desire to do both.

I didn't know I could be this irate, consistently, its like the fury of a billion pms-ings all at once. Luckily for me, it should be just about over, well the withdrawal part.

No one told me that in the absence of nicotine that various parts of me would begin to throb as the blood vessels heal and return to their natural size. I'm just glad that my gums didn't bleed, cause with some people they do.

Also, I didn't realize that my sense of smell would come back so quickly. I can smell EVERYTHING, to the point of not wanting to smell this well. I'm sure that will go away as my brain/body get a chance to live without a constant bombardment of nicotine.

I don't think I'll be picking smoking up as a habit up again. I don't EVER want to go through this shit again.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #7705
Versus

Alienated by my family on Facebook.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #7706
Solumina

That sucks. Do you normally have a good relationship with them?

I cannot believe I am still unpacking. How do I have this much stuff?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #7707
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
That sucks. Do you normally have a good relationship with them?
Yeah, until we start talking about stuff.

Quote:
I cannot believe I am still unpacking. How do I have this much stuff?
Aside from my gear, I can fit all of my wordly possessions into my 2 door honda civic.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #7708
Miss Absynthe

I used to be able to do that.. and then I became a "responsible adult".
Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #7709
Versus

Whatcha mean?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #7710
Solumina

I'm guessing she is talking about fitting all of her stuff in a car. Once you become a "responsible adult" you end up getting furniture and stuff that takes up a lot of space.

That and people start giving you stuff to "help you start your new life", which really means they don't have enough stuff to have a yard sale but still want to get it out of their house and it would be rude of you to turn down their gift so you have to take it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #7711
Catch

It's better than not having furniture.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #7712
Valhalla

When did I stop being able to make/have genuine friendships with anybody? It feels like no matter how hard I try now I can't have anything but acquaintances.

I feel like I'm a novelty in people's lives. It's a very lonely feeling. I must be annoying or have body odour or something.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #7713
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
When did I stop being able to make/have genuine friendships with anybody? It feels like no matter how hard I try now I can't have anything but acquaintances.

I feel like I'm a novelty in people's lives. It's a very lonely feeling. I must be annoying or have body odour or something.
Come volunteer at the WRC, we are all chummy.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #7714
Valhalla

Quote:
Come volunteer at the WRC, we are all chummy.
!!

Funny enough, I actually have a form for it in my bag right now. I submitted the application online, and it didn't go through. So I'm just re-writing one.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #7715
Solumina

I am way too impatient and/or easily distracted to paint my nails. I get them looking awesome and I make sure that I have something to do while they dry, like watch a tv show, but inevitably when they are just about dry I do something to fuck them up. I know they are almost dry because when I touched them the polish didn't get on anything but it gets smudged or it gets in imprint of whatever it touched. This is why I get my nails done by professionals, not because they do a better job shaping or painting the nails but because they will yell at me for moving until my nails are completely dry.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #7716
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I'm guessing she is talking about fitting all of her stuff in a car. Once you become a "responsible adult" you end up getting furniture and stuff that takes up a lot of space.

That and people start giving you stuff to "help you start your new life", which really means they don't have enough stuff to have a yard sale but still want to get it out of their house and it would be rude of you to turn down their gift so you have to take it.
Yup.

@Versus - I wasn't implying that you're not a responsible adult. More along the lines of trying to warn people not to become one.

..and when someone offers you their sofa, say no. It might look comfortable, but it is filled with spider eggs. There is a reason that they don't want it anymore. :|
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #7717
Versus

Um. I've had a house full of junk and old furniture.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #7718
MissCheyenne

Got called a 'militant, animal hating facist' yesterday. I was innocently minding my own business at the cafe having a coffee and a cig and some little hipster with a pencil moustache turned on me and called me that. He was referring specifically to the bag I was carrying which he assumed was leather. It wasn't, it was fake leather. He nearly choked on his milkshake when I pointed that out to him. Didn't help him either when I also pointed out to him that as he had declared himself to be a 'strict vegan', he shouldn't have been drinking the milkshake as that cafe doesn't make the particular milkshake he was drinking with soya. Not even as a special order.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #7719
Valhalla

^Wow, people really need to mind their own business. If he wanted to be pretentious and nosy he could have at least been non-confrontational about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Yup.

@Versus - I wasn't implying that you're not a responsible adult. More along the lines of trying to warn people not to become one.

..and when someone offers you their sofa, say no. It might look comfortable, but it is filled with spider eggs. There is a reason that they don't want it anymore. :|
Please tell me this is not a real story.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #7720
Solumina

Ewwwwww spider eggs!!!!!!!

Thankfully I have not had anything like that happen to me, just a whole lot of furniture badly in need of being refinished or with atrocious patterns. Oddly enough a lot of the furniture I've been given has good bones and came from people with garages/workshops where they could have refinished/reupholstered the darn things but I do not have such things so all but three chairs and two chests have been passed on to other broke college students.

The main thing that people have given me that drives me insane are the knickknacks, especially from Jake's family and friends. They don't bother me because they are ugly but because we don't have space for them and it is almost impossible to get Jake to trow anything away because it was a gift and he doesn't want to insult the person who gave it to us, even though the person who gave them to us is just one of his parents neighbors who would never in a million years come to our home (especially not now when we are on the other side of the country). I should also say that are given to me are not better things I'm just better at getting rid of unwanted stuff.

Oh and some of the stuff he is given could actually be kind of cool if just slightly altered, like he was given comedy/tragedy masks that are nicely detailed but a really tacky brass and with a little paint they could either be made to look like aged copper or glossy enamel but he will not let me alter them because he thinks that would insult the guy who gave them to us. It doesn't seem to matter to him that this guy is the type of person who would not only be completely understanding of us wanting to change something but would probably think it was pretty cool to see something he randomly picked up at a thrift store being changed like that.

Also I may be feeling a little ranty about the junk we have as all of the remaining boxes needing to be unpacked are full of either useless stuff, stuff for the desk that Jake no longer has but has not replaced (so he is taking over my desk and simultaneously the dinner table because my desk is too small for him to spread out all of his homework books), or books that we have no shelves for because the bookshelves are already full of other crap, seriously only half of the bookshelves are taken up by books and there is no free space on them and he wont let me get rid of any of the stuff, he just wants to get more bookshelves, even though we don't have a pace to put any.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #7721
Saya

Gave notice last Friday, and already I have no clue how people juggle two jobs and school.

Also, last time I moved it really made me realize how I do not give a flying fuck about most things I own. I prize my bookshelf and my books and already I worry on how the hell I'll move with them if I ever leave the island, but that's just about it. I donated and tossed a lot of stuff and I'm in the mood to do another purge.

I think I'm going to try to be a minimalist XD I like the idea of fast packing if needed.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #7722
Versus

Pretty much. My ex had a thing where instead of washing dishes, she liked to hide the dirty ones in the closet and buy new ones.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #7723
Solumina

Ewww that reminds me of my old roommate Rae, except she put them under her bed.

I just don't understand that sort of behavior, especially since we had a dishwasher all she had to do was put them in there, or really just some place I would see them, and I would do the rest but nope, under her bed they went.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #7724
Versus

Yeah, she is kind of sick. The dumpster wasn't further then 50 feet from the door, but she thought the patio closet was a cool place for trash bags.

Anyway. XD

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #7725
AshleyO

Whey protein shakes are fucking gross with just water.

But milk is starting to get old to me. :-/

...Fuck strawberry!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote