Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
darkness-creepshow

Exclamation manic panic

I just got my makup today from manic panic, it looks like shit!!, DO NOT BUY MAKUP FROM THEM.
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #2
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness-creepshow
I just got my makup today from manic panic, it looks like shit!!, DO NOT BUY MAKUP FROM THEM.
I use their eyeshadow and am quite satisfied with it, what exactly did you buy from them? Oh, and this really should go into the whining forum.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 AM   #3
Cicero

Thank you for this extremely useful 'makup' advice. What exactly is it that makes this makeup so 'shitty'? Perhaps you're just not applying it properly.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
darkness-creepshow

I ordered that goth white cream powder stuff...i want to look like im almost dead pale.. this stuff makes me look like a dead mime i dont really want to look like that..that much...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Yeah. I wouldn't want to either. But then again I wouldn't wear white face cream powder on my face. I don't like it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Cicero

Quote:
I ordered that goth white cream powder stuff...i want to look like im almost dead pale.. this stuff makes me look like a dead mime i dont really want to look like that..that much...
Well you got the colouring wrong. For the dead look you need tones of grey and blue. Plain white will just look splotchy and tacky - that isn't bad makeup, that's bad selection.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
DrenchedInGin

On the topic of the dead look, I have the DVD of a fabulous BBC production of 'Woman In Black' (if you haven't seen it for pity's sake rush out and get it). In it we get a couple of lovely closeups of the eponymous woman's face - she is a ghost and her makeup is done magnificently to suggest she appears as a newly-dead corpse.

Her face is indeed very pale, but her eye makeup is done to suggest the sunken eyes of a corpse. They are red-rimmed and have the suggestion of bruising around the eye sockets.

First time I saw that part of the movie I came very close to swallowing my own tongue. It was beautifully subtle - evidently done by somebody who actually has a good idea of what a new corpse looks like - and yet utterly terrifying.

I think you could reproduce that look with a bit of careful practice. Foundation of a shade or two lighter than usual, perhaps with a very sheer layer of corrective green beneath it - and make sure the foundation covers the lips and ears, and any other exposed skin. Rim the eyes with a smudgy (and not overly dramatic) reddish-brown lipliner. Smudge the eyesockets - all around the eyes - with a blue-grey, trying to replicate the colour of your natural bruising. Subtlety would be the key to making it look bloody terrifying. I bet it would be really effective worn with the standard 'grave clothing' look.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
darkness-creepshow

i just want my face to look deadly pale not the full on corpse walking thing..and what do you meen by tones of gray and blue?

And what would be a good way to apply that goth white cream powder stuff....im just wondering.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #9
DrenchedInGin

Deadly pale is certainly a bit easier to manage. (Not sure how to answer your question on what is meant by tones of blue and grey. I mean tones of blue and grey, as in different shades of those cololurs that suit your skin tone.)

To get really really really pale, use a green colour balance on any reddish bits first. Apply concealer to correct any blemishes. Then use several very sheer layers of a base makeup that is one or two shades paler than your usual skin colour. Keep building up the layers until you're happy with the effect. Then seal the whole thing with a dusting of ivory or transluscent powder.

You can achieve whiteface with Manic Panic's white cream makeup. Use a similar technique: correct any blemishes and red patches then apply the white makeup in layers (use a makeup sponge and dab it on for the best effect), topping it off with a dusting of white or transluscent powder.

The trick to effective whiteface (and I have seen it done very nicely indeed, although that seems to be rare) is to cover Every. Single. Exposed. Bit. Of. Skin.

This means you need to put makeup on your ears, your neck, the back of your neck, right around your hairline, your neck, your shoulders, your chest - anything that is exposed. And if you don't wear long sleeves and gloves, you need to cover your arms too. Depending on what you're wearing, expect to get makeup all over your collar etc.

If you don't cover every bit of skin you run the risk of looking like a rather sad mime artist.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #10
darkness-creepshow

What does coneacler exactly do?
Old 09-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
Cicero

It conceals things. Hence the name 'concealer'.

conceal

–verb (used with object) 1. to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight: He concealed the gun under his coat.

(Definition courtesy of www.dictionary.com )

Old 09-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenchedInGin
On the topic of the dead look, I have the DVD of a fabulous BBC production of 'Woman In Black' (if you haven't seen it for pity's sake rush out and get it). In it we get a couple of lovely closeups of the eponymous woman's face - she is a ghost and her makeup is done magnificently to suggest she appears as a newly-dead corpse.

Oooh I've seen that in a theatre in London. It's bloody scary. I was right up front & the woman walked past me...she even smelt like a dead person. Sorry to go off subject there, anywho a good idea for looking deathly pale is keep it natural & remember that it shouldn't stop at your jaw line too. Well that's all I've got to say.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
It conceals things. Hence the name 'concealer'.

conceal

–verb (used with object) 1. to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight: He concealed the gun under his coat.

(Definition courtesy of www.dictionary.com )
Cicero, you're gorgeous.

Just thought you'd like to know...
Old 09-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #14
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
Oooh I've seen that in a theatre in London. It's bloody scary. I was right up front & the woman walked past me...she even smelt like a dead person. Sorry to go off subject there, anywho a good idea for looking deathly pale is keep it natural & remember that it shouldn't stop at your jaw line too. Well that's all I've got to say.
Gods yeah, I saw a local production and even though I've read the book and seen the BBC movie it frightened the bejaysus out of me. So beautifully done.

And speaking of beautifully done, only the other night I saw somebody who managed the deathly pale look magnificently and thought to myself, how the hell did they pull that off?

Aside from the obvious of having very pale (not white) makeup on every exposed surface, she picked out the rest of her features in blue-based colours. Blue and grey eye makeup, a very dark blue-based red on the lips, and something that could almost have been a very deep grey under the cheekbones (I know, sounds bizarre but it WORKED!). She looked stunning and it was so simple. Okay, the overall picture was a bit New Romantic but what's wrong with that? :-)
Old 09-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
darkness-creepshow

Since we are on this discussion...if i were to put black stuff around my eyes like put circles around my eyes although in a much better fasion than just circles, could i put black lipstick around my eyes? or would that look horruble?
Old 09-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #16
BlackButterfly

If it's oil-based, it WILL crease...
better to use a cream eyeshadow (if you're fortunate enough to find one in black) or use a wet brush/applicator on powder eyeshadow...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #17
kitten

on the topic of Manic Panic: My little sister bought the white-out kit with blue-haired-freak hair dye. and she did good with the bleach, but when she used the blue hair dye, it washed out in 2 days, and now, 2 months later, its just totaly bleached.

Makeup:
I buy makeup from wal-msrt (except my black eye shadow) and I do just fine, lol. I buy eye liner from dollar tree cause I go through sooo much of it, i pretty much wont leave the house without eye liner on.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #18
DarkHeartedDemoness

You do know that Walmart is the devil, don't you?

I had the same experience with manic panic and pink streaks. It was terrible.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #19
kitten

yes, I know, I will burn in the pits of hell for going to walmart, lol. but the makeup isnt so bad, lol. just the clothes....and the CD's.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #20
DarkHeartedDemoness

And also anything a child was paid a whopping $.05 per hour to make.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #21
kitten

walmart is pretty much made out of slave labor and then sold to poor people. its a terrible terrible place. but ilive 60 miles from no where, lol. literaly.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #22
NicoletteDifiorre

Quote:

Uhmm Hello all!!.

My name is Nicolette , and I am a cosmetologist with degrees in hair extensions ( socap), hair coloring and ALL other aesthetics ( just so you know what I am saying is professional advice)

Well ill tackle makeup first.

First and foremost makeup is like everything in life ! If you skip certain steps and go to the last part you WONT get what you want!

Think of it like painting a house wall, if you don't take time to sand down un even-ness then spackle the wall so its leveled, you can buy THE most expensive most wonderful paint in the world you can also higher the most skilled painter in the world.... the wall will be uneven and have bumps at the end! and look like crap.

so basically skin care is the #1 factor for makeup outcome-

so understanding your skin is important- is it dry? dehydrated? is it oily? combination? do you have acne? do you have scars? are the pores large or small? are you use a facial primer? and proper professional moisturizer ?

What ever the case may be it MUST be addressed and fixed before you even consider a flawless makeup finish!

I wont be here all night so ill type care for dry skin since i have it.

Here is what you'll need

1- never skip cleansing days , even if your tired do your steps before bed ALWAYS. one lazy day can setback skin's condition enormously .
2- Clinique Liquid soap Extra mild -( a must have) clinique Foaming mouse cleanser pink bottle** ( must have)
3- MAC -cosmetics - Microfine Refinisher ( total must A++)
Studio Moisture Fix( will end all dry skin no joke)
4-Bare minerals foundation in your shade- ( mineral makeup is the best and a must)
5-another foundation in a cream powder of your shade ( lighter for goth look)
6- mac black eyeshadow with gel liner - Blacktrack- and a brush for eyeshadow from mac. ( professional brushes are a MUST for flawless makeup finish.) and mac Mineral foundation in your shade.
- MEGA IMPORTANT-->> Mac - makeup removing wipes. these babies will ERASE makeup from your face restore essential oils and open your pores so they are ready for your face wash. NEVER USE BABY WIPES OR CHEAP WIPES THEY CONTAIN HORRIBLE THINGS THEY ARE MENT FOR ASSES NOT FACES.
8- clinique -Acne solutions clarifying lotion- Salicylic acid based NOT ALCOHOL BASED.

this skincare is good for all regular to dry skin people the acid will also brake oils for oily skinned people so its good for both. but this skincare regiment is killer good for acne control.

now steps to using these.

first tie hair back so it wont slap your face .. you don't want dirt or sebum from your hair on your face or neck.

2-) get 1 mac wipe and remove your makeup entirely start by rubbing them in a gentle circular motion with not a lot of pressure on your whole faces avoiding eyes and lips . Flip that wipe over.. now with that side remove all eye makeup then flip over again if needed for more eye remover then lips.

3- MIX your liquid soap from clinique with the foam mouse to create your own unique cleanser. clean the skin. warm water circular motions special attention to the nose chin and T zones.

4- Grab your microfine re-finisher from mac - get a little of it and mix it in a Cap or container with about 2 tablespoons of water. GENTLY rub all over face no pressure needed circular motions and gently. ( this step is once every other day so if you used it monday don't use it on tuesday wait til wendsday) over exfoliating can cause red spotting and even bursting of small veins in our face.

5-get a cotton pad not a cotton ball. and wet 25% of the pad with your toner. now apply to your face rubbing the cotton pad in. this will remove dead skin cells that survived the cleaning and even makeup which was deep in your pores.

6- Get your studio fix mac moisturizer and do 2 pumps. apply all over face and Really work it in!.

wallah! your face is on its way to perfection.

Now for--

Makeup applications---

Foundation--------

alright people its 2008 we have mineral makeups.. we love them we all know minerals rule woot woot.

So so you cleaned your face and used your moisturizer and went to bed.
when you wake up apply a little bit ( one pump) of your studio fix moisturizer all over and wait 2 minutes. NEVER wash face right before applying makeup unless you have super mega oily skin from hell.

Now get your mac liquid mineral foundation and using your fingers lightly cover the main areas in which you need coverage

usualy side burns upper lip- chin - t zone- nose. then do a thin coat all over the rest very very little foundation tho.

Now after thats set Get your Bare minerals- using the long brush it comes with. ( no the kabuki) kabuki brush is much too heavy and will cake.

Grab your bare minerals dip your bursh in it so that it leaves a semi visible buildup on the brush the dab it onto your face 5 times on a line THEN smooth out in circular motion.

after your bare minerals is on get your creme foundation-

IMPORTANT-

you need realistic goals if your not already natural pale your never going to pull off the dead look. you will always look Halloween .

SO create YOUR pale.

the creme foundation should be 1 or 2 shade slighter than your actual bare minerals. ( I am like WHITE like white as paper so I use Manic panic Goth white creme powder it actually doesn't make me any more white when I use it lol)

Dab your fingers getting a LIGHT amount of the creme foundation and spot it all over the face then blend in lightly.

Now your bare minerals and creme foundations should have mixed together.. Now apply a thin layer of Mineral veil from bare minerals. and boom your should be much more pale and look flawless baby.

Now EYESHADOW- is very very important see wearing dark clothes and dark eye makeup will make your skin look even whiter!.

when applying eyeshadow i personally hate eye primers. they make eyeshadow stick way too much and they become not easy to blend. Mac eyeshadow i can even swim with it it wont even move without primer so its pointless.

that being said. Grab your professional mac eye brush of choice. ( I like the mac 219 brush - 217 brush and bare minerals max coverage concealer brush)

also use a mac angle brush with your gel blacktrack eye liner.

use the angle to paint inside the eye ( your water line) then do a THIN line under lower lashes and upper eyelids.

Grab your 217 brush dip it in the eye shadow and tilt your head to the right when doing the right eye and left doing the left eye to avoid excess powder pigment from falling on your newly made pale skin. Black stains are NOt cute or cunt .
shade your eye back and forward following the crease. the secret is light applications about 12 times instead of heavy applications 3 times. See by applying light amounts you can blend blend blend!.

after you put your shadow around the eye liner get your 217 brush and blend it in circular motion and your concealer brush can be used to fix mistake or make eye shadow darker by dabbing and poking over the blend.

Lips-

Avoid black lipstick. do a dark cherry instead then coat it with black lip glass.

why?

well a- black lips look entirely too halloween and fake. and they will bleed and look bad if not done perfect.Black lips need to be airbrushed on with a stencil. now. get a dark dark dark cherry red Mac pro longwear lipstick, and some mac lipglass. shimmer or plain your choice.

apply the lipstick then mix your black eye shadow inside your clear lip gloss and put it over the cherry red. this will leave a smooth rich texture and its easy to apply.

Use a VERY pink blush. and smile and blush the apples of your cheeks if your female. this will make your white skin look even more pale and help create a beautiful bone structure. Males don't need to unless they want to look feminine. then go ahead woot woot.

For more tips and tricks ( special yhaircolor an dhair health)

send me message at

KittyCatLovesu

Aol instant messenger****

smooch

Stay goth stay rocking stay beautiful bitches!

Profile picture shows the makeup routine

hope you like!
NicoletteDifiorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #23
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedblueeyes
wuts black lipglass?
It's what happens when you smash a beer bottle in your face.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #24
TheDomesticGothess

I've Used Manic Panic on other people when doing photos and such, the make up is generally pretty good and I once bought their white powder for myself but had a terrible reaction to it. Not the make-ups fault, there's just certain things in the world I can't touch it seems.
TheDomesticGothess is offline   Reply With Quote