Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Ryaken

Heya

Hey, i'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. My real name's Sam but eh, Ryaken's preffered ^.^
Anyway, i'm hoping to be an active member here but who knows? something else may come up... I hope not.
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Bella Sophia

Welcome to the boards. =)
But, please answer the introduction questions. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
JCC

Why do you prefer being called Ryaken of all things?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Ryaken

My appologies about the questoins, here they are.

1. I'm still in school, my hobbies are just basic things; Music, gaming, art, writing, martial arts.

2. I'm from a little town called St. Ives in England.

3. I'd love to say Hiromu Arakawa but i'm not sure if mangakas count.

4. The Crow, all the Star Wars films except The Phantom Menace.

5. Guardian Angel by Lovex i'd think.

6. Serpent Ride by HIM.

7. In a succesful attempt to save someone I care about.

8. I want to be cremated -- Wolf head handles on my urn would be nice but i'd rather be spread over an area I come to love in my life.

9. Baggy jeans, a basic black shirt and my trench coat.

10. The lack of remorseful pity and self-loathing for everything you do wrong.

11. Lovex

12. I'm nearing the end of high school and i'm either gonna do sixth form or go to college, I hope to be a games designer

13. I like forums, meeting people and I needed something to do

14. I'm male, just girly.

And @JCC It's a psuedonim i've grown to be fond of.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryaken
My appologies about the questoins, here they are.

1. I'm still in school, my hobbies are just basic things; Music, gaming, art, writing, martial arts.

2. I'm from a little town called St. Ives in England.

3. I'd love to say Hiromu Arakawa but i'm not sure if mangakas count.

4. The Crow, all the Star Wars films except The Phantom Menace.

5. Guardian Angel by Lovex i'd think.

6. Serpent Ride by HIM.

7. In a succesful attempt to save someone I care about.

8. I want to be cremated -- Wolf head handles on my urn would be nice but i'd rather be spread over an area I come to love in my life.

9. Baggy jeans, a basic black shirt and my trench coat.

10. The lack of remorseful pity and self-loathing for everything you do wrong.

11. Lovex

12. I'm nearing the end of high school and i'm either gonna do sixth form or go to college, I hope to be a games designer

14. I'm male, just girly.

And @JCC It's a psuedonim i've grown to be fond of.
Lovex? I've never heard of them. I shall look them up...
And, awesome, I love manga too. I'd say that Death Note and FLCL are my two favorites so far.
And, you're answer to 7 is very noble, I think. I think I said something lame like vampire bite. Haha. But I couldn't really think of anything...
Anyway, rant over, glad you came to the boards. ^_^

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
jack_the_knife

I've been to St.Ives a few times, as My grandparents live in Carnon Downs. I get the impression that it's more of a tourist surfing resort than anything else. Anyway, welcome to the boards.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Ryaken

@Bella Sophia: I think Lovex are really good, kinda glam rock but I love them - Listening to an album now XD
Death Note's so great but i've only seen the anime...
And thanks for the noble comment, my original answer was to die in battle/sabotage killing as many chavs as possible by sword or by flame, I hate them...

@Jack_the_knife: There are two St. Ives, do you mean Cornwall? It's just that i've never seen a surfer here. One group of asian tourists though, I got my picture taken (The're not helping the stereotype... ) Anyway, I shouldn't ramble about... What was it? I'm in St. Ives, Cambs, anyway.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
jack_the_knife

I meant the one in Cornwall, never been to Cambridgshire .
Old 10-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Bella Sophia

Quote:
@Bella Sophia: I think Lovex are really good, kinda glam rock but I love them - Listening to an album now XD
Death Note's so great but i've only seen the anime...
And thanks for the noble comment, my original answer was to die in battle/sabotage killing as many chavs as possible by sword or by flame, I hate them...
Glam rock? Doesn't sound bad at all. XD And, well, I've only seen the anime too. I've read the first graphic novel though. (Wow, it's been a while since I can talk about this stuff to someone. Haha) In any case, no worries. And it's funny, your chavs statement, I mean. My friend (who also lives in England, just thought I'd make that random connection) has a passionate hate for chavs. He said, "All I need is a chav-hunting license, and I'll have them all gone." XDD I don't hear too many Americans talking about them, though. Maybe it's just the people I talk to...
Ah! I'm ranting again. X3 Sorry about that.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Ryaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I meant the one in Cornwall, never been to Cambridgshire .
It's not too great here. There's a Goth scene in Cambridge I think but from what i've seen it's largely drink, drugs and balding old guy who seem to be druids (From their attire atleast)
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
jack_the_knife

In America "Chavs" are called "Gangstas", suburban 50 Cent fans that think they're "Ghetto" and that they're "keepin' it real". I've never understood that subculture or why people join it.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Bella Sophia

Quote:
In America "Chavs" are called "Gangstas", suburban 50 Cent fans that think they're "Ghetto" and that they're "keepin' it real". I've never understood that subculture or why people join it.
Ohh, I see it clearly now.
I don't understand it either. I honestly don't approve of it, and I find it highly annoying.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
Ryaken

Quote:
They wanna be "Gangstas" Here, one guy threw some "Pimps and hos" party where they dress up as what they think you get in the states. I try my best to be tollerent, we're on a Gothic site speaking English well and the're on their games or social networking sites speaking in some code I can only describe as 'Blinglish' -- Oh well.
But they are annoying as hell an i'm often threatened and verbally abused, etc. One tried to run me down on some motor bike/scooter thing.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
Bella Sophia

Quote:
They wanna be "Gangstas" Here, one guy threw some "Pimps and hos" party where they dress up as what they think you get in the states. I try my best to be tollerent, we're on a Gothic site speaking English well and the're on their games or social networking sites speaking in some code I can only describe as 'Blinglish' -- Oh well.
But they are annoying as hell an i'm often threatened and verbally abused, etc. One tried to run me down on some motor bike/scooter thing.
A... Pimps and hos.... party...?
Without the "blingish," that screams stupidity.
I'm sorry you had to suffer such things.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
Ryaken

You have nothing to appologise for as you don't wish it unto me. But yeah, I find their stupidity entertaining 9/10 times, and considering the fact that I wear a big black trench coat yet have been attacked less than many others is rather odd.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #16
HellforgedX

Welcome to the boreds (NOT sic!) and may you try to not piss off as many people as possible. I sure am glad I am unoffendable. I have never been to St. Ives, but I have known a guy who's been married seven times. Which kinda segues into "I'm Henry the 8th I am..."
...but I digress.
'taint nothin' wrong with kids testing the troubled waters of gangsta/chavhood. I said "taint", heh heh heh.
Quote:
Did you just say you joined the forum because you like forums? Kinda sounds like the BSB song "As Long As You Love Me." Probably my most favorite song from them, with lyrics such as "I don't care who you are...", etc., makes me crack up every time I hear it. Seriously, people should reslly care who someone is befire they commit to them. Imagine someone walking down the street and coming to a random person saying "I don't care who you are, as long as you love me!!!" Unless she was hot and I wasn't married, I'd probably call the cops...
...again, I digress.
Sorry, WAAAAAY too much caffeine. Heed the warnings on the energy drinks, people: limit 3 per day!!!
Anyways, welcome again!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
Bella Sophia

Quote:
You have nothing to appologise for as you don't wish it unto me. But yeah, I find their stupidity entertaining 9/10 times, and considering the fact that I wear a big black trench coat yet have been attacked less than many others is rather odd.
I find it funny as well... from a safe distance.
I don't like being associated with them, so I tend to stay away.
The way I dress, act, talk, etc. should be a dead giveaway, but sometimes people don't get the memo. Luckily, I haven't suffered any real nonsense from chavs since... junior high.

Quote: