Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Draconysius

How do YOU deal with assholes?

I'm sure all of us, especially being social outcasts, have to deal with a plethora of assholes. How do you deal with them? I'm sure we could all use some advice and ideas.

I try to ignore them or smile and wave, but if I'm feeling particularly eevil, I may say something like "You know, Jesus was hated for being different too" or, as Haunted instructed, address them as if they were children. "Yes, it's a mohawk! Can you say mo... hawk?" I find it generally hard to look people in the eyes, but when it comes to assholes, I have to take a stand, right?
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Usually it's people who are stupid or otherwise losers who insult me, so I just throw that at them. People don't usually make fun of me, though, so it's cool. I find people like my outfits.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
chelseagirl

I tend to just totally ignore people, or just smile back at them.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
Saddiction

If someone is looking at me for the sake of staring at me, I stare back until they look away. Staring someone down or pointing out the obvious FOR them seems to work. For me anyways.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Kaz

Normally I just ignore, but if I'm feeling in a really shit mood, I just look directly at them, then make a point of looking behind me to see what they are looking at. It seems to work.

Actually people on the whole around here are not too bad. It's the Chavs which can be a nuisance, but they can easily be ignored.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Sable_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Normally I just ignore, but if I'm feeling in a really shit mood, I just look directly at them, then make a point of looking behind me to see what they are looking at.
I get the mood thing. The way I react all depends on way my mood is that day. If I'm having a bad day or it's my time of the month 0:-) I give my patent scowl and/or glare.

But if I'm feeling good I do what most of you do: smile and wave(with my fingers.) Basically doing something that shows that they aren't bothering me -which in turn bothers them.

Of couse sometimes I just ignore them if they look like trouble.
Sable_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Dark Templar

Usually i just ignore them. I am not going down to their level, they are not worth it!

-Stephen King
Dark Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
cradle

I never really have to deal with asshole on a regular basis, but when I do come across one, I become one of the most sarcastic, patronizing people on the face of the earth.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Caught

I have great friends and usually when I walk around somewhere I'm always with one of them and ofcourse some people stare at me but then I just stare back or others go a little further and start shouting things then usually one of my friend's just shouts something back before I even get a chance! Or we just start laughing at them, always great fun when assholes do an attempt to act...assy?
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Kraven de Sade

Usually all I get is idiot kids in school busses yelling, "Freak!" At least, I used to get that. Now I don't leave home without my CD player, so even if I still get that, I'm not aware of it.

Though I do get those jerks that will come up to me to say something from time to time. I remember this one guy who came up to me with his girlfriend and said, "Only faggots wear makeup." Apparently his girlfriend thought this was really funny. So I looked at him, looked at her (she happened to be wearing a ton of makeup), back to him, and said, "That's nice. Have a wonderful time with your boyfriend."
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
honeythorn

I had to deal with approximatley 8 or so of the worlds biggest assholes when I was at school. This group of guys bullied me from the age of 6 or 7 onwards, so about a decade of endless repetitive shite, mostly because I liked horseriding and dragons ( I never quite got why that is a reason to bully someone ).

But to cut to the nub, I have a lot of experience of dealing with assholes, and one of the things that confuses and pisses them off the most is the blank mindless stare. I think perhaps it unnervs them. I just stare them right down the barrel of the eye until they either look away , get bored or shut the fuck up.

If they begin to threaten, I simply display my boots a little more ( usually hidden under my enormous skirts ) and that will usually put them off. Particularly chavs. The prospect of being kicked in the face by a 16 stone whale woman wearing huge leather boots covered in steel plates and buckles ( New rocks ) is not something they should entertain.

For religious assholes I simply point towards their skirt/flys/crotch and shout "careful your ignorance is showing!!"
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
Saddiction

My bf and I were walking down the street when a car load full of morons drove by and shouted 'Jesus loves you!!!'. Funny thing is, my boyfriend will be leaving me this year to take a 4 years MDiv degree so that he can become an ordained Lutheran minister.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #13
Kraven de Sade

I hate it when people say that to me! "Jesus loves you." Of course, it gives me an opportunity to ask them if they're jealous...
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #14
Saddiction

I don't HATE it. It personally doesn't bother me since I'm athiest. What I find funny is that these morons who shout things like that out of car windows as a reaction to how you dress, don't realize that even the blackest clad can still be christian.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #15
Cyntrox

I've not had many problems, and I usually just ignore... But you people gave me some good ideas *evil smile*
Old 03-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
I don't HATE it. It personally doesn't bother me since I'm athiest. What I find funny is that these morons who shout things like that out of car windows as a reaction to how you dress, don't realize that even the blackest clad can still be christian.
Priests, for example?
I hate people.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #17
soggypicklemuncher

People aren't usually assholes to me, or if they are I don't notice.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #18
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Priests, for example?
I hate people.

hehe.. ya I s'pose. Though not all priests wear black. They shout things like that at my bf because he's tall, skinny, lacks color in clothing, and has hair that defies gravity. Someone who looks like that can't possibly believe in god, therefore it makes perfect sense to shout something like 'jesus loves you' out of a car window *rolls eyes*.

That's another thing. I find it fairly common that alot of these a-holes shout things out of moving vehicles. If the car is stopped at a light, they wait for it to turn green before they shout anything.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
Delicate_Torture

I come across a LOT of arseholes at work. You would be shocked at how many people are really nasty and rude to their nurses. I usually deal with them by being ultra polite, but there are times when I draw a very straight line and simply state, politely but strongly "I will not have you treat me like that." Often this is as a response to being verbally abused. But it all depends on what else is happening. You can't blame someone who is septic and confused for the way that they are acting, because they aren't being themselves... it is the process of the illness that is effecting them.

Sometimes I will joke about it. I had a patient call me a dirty slut once, so I just said "HEY! We do not have sex together, so you are not allowed to call me names like that!" It shut him up in a heartbeat.

Every now and then reminding them that you have access to their food and medication before they put it in their mouth reminds them to be nice as well. Just remember, if you go to a resturant and are rude to the wait-staff chances are your dinner will be laced with snot. This is a similar reason you shouldn't be rude to your nurses... we have access to laxatives. A LOT of laxatives.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #20
Godslayer Jillian

Wow, I can't honestly remember being bothered by my looks.
I have been stared at, but I instinctively say hi and smile even when I don't know them, and they just say hi back at me (I suppose they weren't expecting that)
I have gotten compliments, and been asked about me, but I don't think I have been insulted.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #21
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Assholes are looking to get a reaction from you, so I don't give it to them. I smile or do nothing, but fortunately it doesn't happen often. Mostly smiles and stares and little kids pulling on their mother's skirts in the airports saying:
"Mom, is he emo?"
"I don't know Shawn, we're going to miss our plane. Let's go."

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #22
raggedyanne

I use them as subjects on which to practice funny sayings. Here is a list my friends and I put together.

- And which parallel universe did you crawl out of?
- Gimme mah keys or Ah'll pull ya eyes out an' put 'em in a jar fulla formaldehyde."
- Ah’ll shove my foot so far up ya ass you’ll be able to count yo’ teeth with mah toes
- You, the eternal man-ho are giving me that look?
- Ah’m gonna kill ya, An’ then Ah’m gonna cuss ya out in yo’ eulogy an’ dance on ya grave.
- “Have you ever been struck by lightening?”
- It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
- "I prefer to savour the mystery."
- No. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
- "Are you seriously asking or are you just being a dick?"
- A good day is when you wake up without a chalk outline around your body.
- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
- In spite of the costs of living, It's still popular.
- Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bullshit before.
- "I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit."
Mel Brooks.
-"Danger? I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away."
Xander Harris
-Mind over matter - I don't mind, so it don't matter.
- If at first, you don't succeed, does it depress you that no one is
surprised?
-Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain
- When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better
-We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners
around here.
- "I think - therefore I'm single."
-Any girl can be glamourous. All you have to do is stand still and look
stupid
- All is fair in love and war - and trade
- i'm gonna shove a bat so far up his ass its gonna come out his mouth
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #23
Clockwork

I only get a small amount of shit from people - more often I'm complemented on my wardrobe. I'm a tad hard of hearing though, so when I suspect someone's saying something sarcastic to me, usually I just give them a blank stare or not even acknowledge them. It's partly formed out of habit, but I find it works too.

If I'm brought face-to-face with some arsewit that thinks he's the funniest guy on earth for messing with me (there's one in my chemistry class -_-), I'll just be unfriendly and shoot sarcastic remarks whenever I can until he goes away.

But oh, how I wish I had a hatchet in those situations...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #24
c130

Depends on what type of asshole it is. If it's just a funny look, I ignore it. If they say something to me, I'll snap back. If they say something particularly nasty to me or try to touch me, I get aggressive. Most awsome time I remember was when a group of kids a couple years below me grabbed my bottle of Irn-Bru from my bag's side pocket at lunchtime and taunted me with it - I grabbed the kid by the collar with my left hand (my weak hand; I was carrying an A2 art folder in my right hand) and shoved him up against the window of a barbershop we were next to, and yelled in his face.

Today a little kid about four years old who I passed in the street machine-gunned me with a stick, then noticed my hair. "Look daddy, that man has pink hair!" I thought it was soooo cute, but his dad was embarrassed about him pointing little-kid-style and shouting, and kept telling him to be quiet.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
Dancing_in_rain

Well, it all depends on my mood. Whether I am PMS-ey/Crappy day/happy/depressed/aloof/fed up with the world/sarcastic/in a good mood/hyper etc.

Sarcastic
- Chav: "OMG, you're such a goth!"
Me: " Wow! Did you figure that out by yourself or did someone help you?"
Angry
- Chav: "Okay. What the hell is wrong with you and your clothing?!?"
Me: "Nothing. What's wrong with yours?"

This actually happened to me today...
- *Little kid stares and points at me*
Kid: "Mummy, why is that girl wearing so much black?"
Mum: "It's not nice to point darling. Probably because she likes the colour black"
Kid: "Wow! Her eyes are really big!"
Mum: "That's her make-up dear"
Kid: " Why is her hair pink?"
Mum: " Because she dyed it."
Kid: "Can i talk to her Mummy?"
Mum: "No, leave her alone"
Kid: " Why?"
Mum: " Because she's mean"
Kid: " That's nto true. She looks sad."
*Kid runs up to me and gives me a big hug. My heart melts and I hear an internal chorus of Awww... Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! There is nothing like a big hug from a little kid to make a bad day good again.*

Hyper
Preppy girl 1: "OMG, look, it's an emo girl!"
Preppy girl 2: "She's not emo, she's goth!"
Preppy girl 1: "She's looking at us!"
Preppy girl 2: "She's giving us the evil eye! Help!"
Me: "Hi! My name is ____! *holds out her hand* What's your name? I'm really happy to meet you.
Later...
Preppy girl 1: "Wow. That goth girl was actually nice."
Preppy girl 2: "You're right!"

I'll write more later but right no, it's bed time for moi. Wo Hen lei. That's Mandarin for I'm very tired.
Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote