Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
DJFox

Just joined today...Who wants to be my friend?

I just joined here today. I`m looking to make friends with those who are like me, hoping this place will have someone who is really interested (seriously) since here seems to be a place where there are people who have at least 1 similarity with me. Um, in particular I`m looking for someone who`s in Maryland so I could have someone I can physically hang out with but over computer is just as fine.

I`ll start by introducing myself, I guess, & whoever is interested in hanging out with me or accepting me as a real friend (not just someone who`ll say "I`ll be your friend!" & then I never hear from again) can introduce yourselves, we can get to know each other & then maybe take it to an im or where ever it leads us.

Ok, basic stuff first:
My real name is Amy ("beloved" fpr those who have interest in what other people`s names mean). I have several nicknames...The first being "DJ Fox", which is the name of my fursona. Yes, I am a furry but not one of those sex-crazed neo-furs. I`m totally against them & avoid sexual things whenever possible. So don`t get the wrong impression of me. Get to know me before passing judgement on me.

My birthday is December 5 1984, so currently I`m 21. & sadly, still live with my parents. I live in Maryland (in case you haven`t guessed that from my earlier paragraph). I have 3 hedgehogs, 1 cat, 1 betta & Im waiting for my guinea pig to be returned to me. The other 3 cats that live here belong to my mother.

As far as music goes, I`ll listen to almost anything. Literally. I like many bands, having a widely varied taste in music. Mostly, I listen to whatever my mood sets on, which changes frequently.

I do have a boyfriend, who lives in Massachusetts, & we`ve had a net relationship for a while. I don`t want to get into too much details on this. But he`s been pushing me to make friends & not be so clingy to him, so that`s a reason why I`m here.

I used to draw a lot but have been in a rut for the past year. I do a lot of writing, mostly with my boyfriend but since he`s been wanting some space, I find it difficult for me to hold interest in writing a story for long by myself. I run a website: http://www.djfoxsfloatingisland.com/ But it currently doesn`t have anything because many bugs are being fixed on it & it`s being completely re-worked. I`m hoping to have it back up before it`s 10th birthday in January.

Some of my interests lie in (in no particular order):
Sonic the Hedgehog
My Little Pony
Centaurs
Mermaids
Elves
Vampires (of course)
Hedgehogs
Anime
Anthro (non-sexual)
Word Searches
Taking walks at night
Drawing/writing (when I`m able to)
Collecting things
Reading

I`m sure there`s more about me but I`m not going to give everything away. See, I`m really a shy person & am really the type who would rather run & hide. My lonesomeness is getting to me. I need someone I can be good friends with who is willing to spend a lot of time with me. So, um...sorry, you`ll have to talk with me & spend time with me to find out more about me.

Don`t use the public AIM account name I list in my profile, I`m hardly on there. You will have to pm me your aim account so I can add you to my more hidden account. & don`t try to contact me through MSN, that`s quit working for me.

So, who is interested in being my friend?
DJFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
the lady of shalott

Hello!

Hey there, Amy!
My name is Amanda, Mandy, whatever... Even know as Caoimhsearch... Pleasure to meet you! Our names are the same neat... Welp, anyways, I am from Wisconsin, USA, am 17, and I would love to be your friend!
I too know about long-distance relationships, as far as friends go. My very best friend lives in Scotland, in Bishopton, near Glasgow.
I am an opera singer in training, I love read, write, I love poetry, I am a collector of art and interesting peices of black clothing, I love philosophy... I am a very crazy person...
Pleased to meet you!
Hope to hear more from you!
Blessings...
Mandy
the lady of shalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
DJFox

I hope we can get in touch sometime. I would luv to meet you. I sent you a message via yahoo im.
DJFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
the lady of shalott

:)

Sounds good!
shall talk to you later then!
Very good to meet you, Amy!
~Mandy
the lady of shalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #5
Darkbender423

Hi Amy, I'm sure you will make many friends here. I myself have only been on this site for a short time and I've met some very cool people already. We all have our lifestyle in common and that is a good start. I live in Florida, but I'm more than happy to talk with you anytime. I'm prety much a recluse myself, I work, go out to do Kung Fu and then I'm either online or driving my neighbors crazy with the music I make. I have some very loud amps and I like it loud. So anytime you want to chat you can hit me up, you can e-mail me at mindscreamer@hotmail or darkbender423@yahoo or you can send me private messages on this site, whatever you like. I like to meet and talk to people. Welcome and I hope to get to know you better.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote