Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #8701
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Because again, we don't know the nature of their relationship. People in open relationships/polyamorous relationships aren't less fulfilling. He also did not reject the idea of commitment issues.

Plus, he was drunk. As a former bartender I can assure you people say ridiculous shit they would never say sober. Like, did you know there's no black people in America? Oh look I gotta fly a plane in four hours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
You're off the hook for posting when you're drunk.... how's your back?

Why do you suppose the hooker gives you more comfort? Are you more comfortable with a business arrangement than a relationship?

I'll go back to hang upside in my tree....

My life is shitty at the moment... Struggling with major change that I so desperately need and want, but it's so painful. Makes it harder that I don't have the words to express what I'm feeling (apart from fear of the change). Fuck knows i'm going to be sitting on the edge of this cliff, until I grow a pair of balls and just take a running jump into the air, knowing it will be a long way down, but also knowing that when i get there, there will be a trampoline to shoot me back up to the top.

The question is... how strong am I?
Thanks Saya and Batty. Been gone almost a whole week and look what happened. Sorry to start an argument everyone. We are very committed, spending as much time together as allowed given the rest of our current commitments to family, work and school.

I'm just stressed with what she's going through at the moment and a lot of it's the frustration that I can't do anything but offer support. She has major surgery coming up in the next week and it's going to take her out for at least a month or so.

As a side, my back's still bugging me and I don't have the insurance to see a chiropractor. I'll feel better for a while, get back to the weights and I'll get sore again. All I can do is use a combination of electrotherapy and heat pads since that's all I can really afford to do.

It's always scary when a necessary and desired change comes Batty. You'll pull through just like you always do. *hugs*
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #8702
Molster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
I'm just stressed with what she's going through at the moment and a lot of it's the frustration that I can't do anything but offer support. She has major surgery coming up in the next week and it's going to take her out for at least a month or so.
Sorry to here about your girlfriends surgery. Don't be frustrated by only being able to offer support, that is the most important thing to do. Often all people need in their life is to know someone is there for them when they need them. Being able to fix things isn't as important as providing a shoulder, ear or pair of arms when needed! Hope the surgery goes well for her!
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #8703
Fruitbat

BB *hugs* bro. Sorry to hear about your GF's surgery... Hey have you tried some yoga stretches for your back? Gentle ones - strengthen the muscles around your spine perhaps? Guessing it's your spine that's causing the problem.

Have a look online for some gentle stretches. my Ex had hurt his back -bulging disks. The only thing the doc could recommend was doing some stretches to strenghten the muscles to support his spine.

I must admin that lying on my stomach, to get the curve back into my back helps me, plus staying out of heels, but i'm guessing you don't have that problem!

Yeah, I'll have to get past this resistance to change and move forward. Fuck this stupid need to be a better person, not let the past control the future blah, blah, stupid blah. Fucking dumbass fruitbat ideas..

Sheesh, better go back to facebook and stir Ape up some more.....or post more pictures of my cat

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #8704
Acharis

My stomach was upset all of today, I'm tied up in bureaucracy dealing with fuckwit neighbors, and people keep finding ruder ways to reopen old wounds.

On the upside I am going to get the things needed for the paperwork, and I haven't killed myself or anybody else yet. I'm waiting for this awful year to be over.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #8705
Stormbringer

Hang in there Acharis. As the Romans used to say : Dum Spiro Spero (While I live, I hope.)
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #8706
Acharis

Yeah, sure. I live a shitty life and unfortunately that's my lot.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 AM   #8707
Molster

Big hugs Acharis, keep strong!
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #8708
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Yeah, sure. I live a shitty life and unfortunately that's my lot.
hugs hun. xo

Old 10-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #8709
ape descendant

BB, you got this, man. Offering support, means a lot to the person receiving it. Medical problems are tough and scary, having a beloved hand to hold means SO very much. <3 Just keep on keepin on. <3 I hope your back feels better soon.

FB I love you. <3

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #8710
BourbonBoy

APE!!!!!

*runs and squeezes hard hug*
How have you been?

My back feels better and I'm still exercising. She's doing a lot better (updates are in the Random thread).
Old 10-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #8711
ape descendant

*hugs* Hey cutie. I've been everywhere from fine to absolutely not fine. As per usual. Been gaming a lot, slowly learning to regret using the mic. Trying to figure out what our little group wants to do for Samhain, I'm thinking dinner for the dead, black candles, costumes and candy.

But yeah... ugh... can we please just let the ladies game in peace? I'd really like to just play the game without everybody in my general vicinity constantly calling my name and asking me questions about my genitals.

Be Kind
Old 10-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #8712
BourbonBoy

That's got to be so annoying Ape. I've never been one for gaming with others myself, even in the good old days of the arcades with Street Fighter and MK. I'm so glad to see you're doing well despite the usual ups and downs. What have you been playing? I recently finished Civ 5 Beyond Earth and started playing GTA 5 until the video card on my PC couldn't handle the randomness of the game.

Bloody Asus desktops :/
Old 10-22-2015, 12:33 AM   #8713
Acharis

Oh god, you too Ape? I've not gone on mic but have still learned to let them assume I'm dudely and call me 'he'. It's a lot more comfortable.
Ah yep. Those feels BB, but my computer is probably worse.

Eh. My guts ache, my friends are having a hard time, I'm still getting made uncomfortable by this intrusive creep that lives on my block, the weather has swung cold again, and I'm starting to want to stay a shut-in.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #8714
ape descendant

Been playing CS:GO, most of the time peeps are really cool, but there are some real jerkbutts who tend to be really loud and vocal about just how racist (omfg so much racism >_<), homophobic and sexist they are. I hadn't really been much into FPSs that much the last few years, this is my first venture in to non MMO games that have other people. The culture is a bit different I've noticed.

I used to just not play with a mic, but got talked into using it by one of my buddies who's been playing forever, as there are facets of the game where a mic can be indispensable. Anyway, I'm more than willing to take one for the team and help normalize the lady-voice in such games. There will come a day where no one will beg for nudes, demand conversation, assert that we've no place there or *gasp* give a fuck at all that one is guilty of being female while gaming.

Hoping to try my hand at Ark soon. I love me a good sandbox.

Shit last time I played any of the Civilization games it was on the ps1. Haven't really played any of the GTAs since San Andreas. Sucks about the video card pooping out. :'( Nothing makes me want to throw my pc out of a window like not getting to play a super awesome game. :'(

Acharis, yeah we all got that one fucking nasty creep who's always up in your business. When I get one of these they're usually old enough to be my father and treat me like I'm some cute little doll, instead of like a full grown woman who is exhausting her supply of self control in effort to avoid stabbing them in the face with a crochet hook. I hope you find a way to deal with him that works for you. Those sorts of encounter make me flip my shit, especially if they try to touch me. *twitch twitch* Dude, one time I had some guy reach at me whilst larping... I couldn't understand why he'd feel comfortable trying to touch a fully armored woman with a sword, but I guess some people are a special brand of stupid. Er... well that's enough rant from me for now. Try not to shut your self in too bad, me saying that is like the pot calling the kettle, but do try to get out and have some air.<3

BB if you lived closer I'd have you over for a game night. We still have evenings dedicated to Soul Calibur 2. (My favorite fighter game ever made)

Be Kind
Old 10-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #8715
Fruitbat

Ape... Love you too hun.. now we are farcebook friends you have seen me in all my glory!! And my swag of two new great nephews.

So on top of all the other crap that's been happening (relationship counselling).. now we have the added bonus of Mr Bat's kidney function being at 22 - this is Stage 2 kidney failure - dialysis stage. Found out on Friday arvo, so still waiting to hear from the Drs as to what will be done.

I get to start my testing to see if I'm compatible donor. The main trouble with this, is that I'm the main caregiver, so if I'm out with surgery, then there is no one to look after me, Mr bat and Babybat.

the grandparents have said no, because they have too many illnesses (which is a load of bollocks, because neither of them are prostrate in bed and could help if they chose to get out of their fucking minds).

So I know it will end up as it did after my emergency C-section... three days, I'm out of hospital, doped up on pain meds, lugging around loads of washing etc, driving the car etc... everything I shouldn't be doing but that I don't have a choice about because, although mr Bat says he will help... he doesn't and when he does, he expects a round of applause and much adulation.

although my blessed SIL has said that she would come over and pick up Babybat and take him back home with her, and enrol him in her kids school and just have three kids instead of two - and I've told her that that goes for her too, because last time she had surgery, her hubby was equally supportive as Mr Bat - which I didn't know about until afterwards, THEN I was mad as a cut pig with him.

Anyway I'll have to see if babybat can deal with such an upheavel... I don't want to mess him around too much, as he's truly a great kid...

APE I pity the people who play games against babybat... He trialled the new star wars one, and does play battlefield 4 (which I don't like him playing)... there is nothing as random as a six year old playing a game

Old 10-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #8716
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
BB if you lived closer I'd have you over for a game night. We still have evenings dedicated to Soul Calibur 2. (My favorite fighter game ever made)
Hehe, I'd bring the munchies and wreck you with Ivy.
I'm a sucker for old school games since I can't stand FPS. Give me third person random chaos any day or turn based strategy. I'm still pissed with the Total War franchise, since they worked it so my original Rome and Barbarian Invasion won't work on my system anymore so I'm going to have to find a patch. Fucking Sega. Same with my Warhammer 40K Dawn of War, but then again THQ went out of business even with the success of Darksiders *screams*

Sorry to hear that Ach, sounds like you need a change of scenery. Get a can of pepper spray and the next time that prick tries getting near you spray him.

Bummer to hear that Fruity, I hope you guys are able to work that out soon and you can all heal well.

I finally figured out what I didn't like about my brother in law. He's super insecure. Friday night at his birthday party he drank himself to the point of losing all short term memory and tried to pick a fight with the husband of one of my sister's friends, claiming the guy was trying to put the moves on her when he was just saying goodbye. I literally had to push his ass out of the bar and into the car so my girlfriend could drive the four of us home. I wonder how the hell my sister who's so level headed about everything pick a such a fucktard.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #8717
ape descendant

Hey Batty! *hugs* There's been no shortage of sickness and sadness here as well, though not on the grand scheme you've been dealing with. So, *huuuuugs*

BB I totally feel you on the BIL shit. I'm still rolling my eyes at my sister's choice in life mate. Not surprised, just still rolling my eyes.

Be Kind
Old 11-15-2015, 03:38 AM   #8718
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Hey Batty! *hugs* There's been no shortage of sickness and sadness here as well, though not on the grand scheme you've been dealing with. So, *huuuuugs*

BB I totally feel you on the BIL shit. I'm still rolling my eyes at my sister's choice in life mate. Not surprised, just still rolling my eyes.
Sickness of any sort sucks....

I've started the process of live donor testing... Go me!

Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #8719
MereMortal

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am clearly not talking about Gnet.

Okay, here we go.

I fucking hate message boards. I couldn't stand clique shit in junior high, high school, or college and I didn't put up with it. It's like I'm reliving those days every time I set proverbial foot in any forum, sans like one.

It truly boggles my mind that these kinds of attitudes are still prevalent in adult people. Why are you so stunted? Was there a traumatic event that brought this out? What's the matter with you?

Also, a lot of people have this obnoxious ability to be both above the trivialities of internet social interaction, while also being highly aggressive and quick to anger due to the fact that you're not speaking face to face.

It's been one bad bullshit time after another when it comes to forums, and that's why I stopped using them. I was just tired of seeing people being ganged up on or excluded from certain situations because they're not part of "the group".

I once had a horrible time in some random pagan website because I mentioned that I didn't eat honey when somebody asked me if I liked mead. Immediate shitshow occurs, during which I am shouted at for "preaching". This was the beginning of the end.

I started to get back into it recently on other sites and it's just been fucked. Perhaps I just don't get the rules, or I'm not good at trying to ease myself into people's good graces, I dunno. I'm there to fucking talk and have opinions and say stuff and sometimes you don't agree with me and sometimes I don't agree with you and that's the whole fucking point. No need to start name calling or being overly abrasive.

I'm mad at myself that I even give a shit, but I do. Maybe I'm too old and I just don't know how to internet anymore. What are the rules? Is there a seminar for me or something?

/Rant
MereMortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:34 PM   #8720
Pr1aP1sm

MereMortal,

I'm fairly new to Social Media, and still figuring some things out.
Still learning the Rules, or Social Graces of all this.
In some ways its just curiosity. A study on the human condition.
But it would be nice if the results were positive.
It seems to me that Social Media/Forums are a poor way to communicate,
But a great way to misunderstand each other.
And I think people transfer their mood into what they're reading too often.
Sarcasm can looks like Honesty, and vice versa.
AND don't forget some of us (People) are just Dicks anyway. So you can always count on that.

Plus I'm a sloppy mess and terrible at socializing, So I'm not surprised by these things.

That being said... I haven't encountered anything too bad here.
It does seem a bit quiet though.

At the end of the day their opinions can only matter to you if you validate them. You get the final approval.

Hope you get Positive Results.
And let me know about that Seminar.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #8721
Acharis

Wish I could advise you MM, but I'm finding I run into that a lot both online and in person. It's very rare for me to find a comfortable niche.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #8722
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereMortal View Post
I'm going to preface this by saying that I am clearly not talking about Gnet.

Okay, here we go.

I fucking hate message boards. I couldn't stand clique shit in junior high, high school, or college and I didn't put up with it. It's like I'm reliving those days every time I set proverbial foot in any forum, sans like one.

It truly boggles my mind that these kinds of attitudes are still prevalent in adult people. Why are you so stunted? Was there a traumatic event that brought this out? What's the matter with you?

Also, a lot of people have this obnoxious ability to be both above the trivialities of internet social interaction, while also being highly aggressive and quick to anger due to the fact that you're not speaking face to face.

It's been one bad bullshit time after another when it comes to forums, and that's why I stopped using them. I was just tired of seeing people being ganged up on or excluded from certain situations because they're not part of "the group".

I once had a horrible time in some random pagan website because I mentioned that I didn't eat honey when somebody asked me if I liked mead. Immediate shitshow occurs, during which I am shouted at for "preaching". This was the beginning of the end.

I started to get back into it recently on other sites and it's just been fucked. Perhaps I just don't get the rules, or I'm not good at trying to ease myself into people's good graces, I dunno. I'm there to fucking talk and have opinions and say stuff and sometimes you don't agree with me and sometimes I don't agree with you and that's the whole fucking point. No need to start name calling or being overly abrasive.

I'm mad at myself that I even give a shit, but I do. Maybe I'm too old and I just don't know how to internet anymore. What are the rules? Is there a seminar for me or something?

/Rant
You're not the only one who feels like this MM. Even on Facebook I hardly have conversations anymore and now only use it to keep up with old army friends. It's sad and strange how everyone in the last couple of years has developed an us vs them mentality. WTF's happened to decent behavior and the ability to have a civilized conversation online or irl?

Fuck it, I'll be in the tree house with Ape
Old 12-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #8723
Saya

....Is that Pineapple Juice?

Don't let the meadsters grind you down, PJ. We love you!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #8724
Anise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
WTF's happened to decent behavior and the ability to have a civilized conversation online or irl?
I hear you MereMortal and concur with all <3
I think over time the net has in a way degraded manners?
Is that fair to say? I mean, in the early days there was a lot less cocklordery.
To my mind, over time people became more and more accustomed to the level of anonymity provided .. hiding behind avatars and strutting their stuff behind keyboards and the safety of their screen. They get away with saying shit that they could never conceive of uttering irl .. get to stretch their tongues.

I think it's also worthwhile to remember that these days pretty much everyone now has net access .. aaand .. how do I put this? Mmmm, there are varying degrees of intelligent life form out there? o.O

Good manners cost us nothing, unfortunately some are either unwilling to share; or devoid of good grace in the first place. Then of course you have those unfortunate creatures who go out of their way to spew words of ill. They stir up ill feeling in an attempt to empower themselves .. sad.

They are dickheads, I try to feel pity for their quandary, but as a wise woman once said "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Have to say .. it's rather safe feeling around these parts MM ..
What say I hereby offer to put up the Dukes to anyone that razzles?
If you find another to be raining on your parade, holler for me and I shall promptly offer them outside .. Queensbury Rules
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #8725
Stormbringer

Politeness, regard for the feelings of others, empathy and courtesy are a big part of what make us a society, indeed it is these things that make us a civilization.

It goes without saying that we all want to be treated with respect and so we must first treat others with respect.

If people are nasty to you on the net, nothing works better against them than the cold shoulder; unfriend them, block them, cast them into the abyss of irrelevance.

As goths, I feel we are in a special position to demonstrate to society at large that we are kinder, politer and, the men amongst us, more chivalrous than most. If only to reassure people that although we might look different we are none the less valuable members of society worthy of their respect.

I read The Lady of the Manners (Juillian Vernters) excellent book "Gothic Charm School" years ago and It confirmed what I already believed.

No matter if you are on the net, at the supermarket, at work or in a family that might not understand you, courtesy, politeness and regard for others always have a place. At work I always thank people for the slightest courtesy done me, and go out of my way to open the door for our delivery staff or if I see someone that needs help, I help them if I can. I use 'old fashioned' phrases such as 'may I,' or 'would you be so kind as to' or 'may I be of assistence'. That's just how I am, I'm not suggesting everyone adopt this mode but it amazes some of our new staff. One of them once said to me, "You're like someone from a bygone age...." That made my day.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote