Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:47 AM   #6376
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
As long as you don't ask the TV questions, and expect answers.

I like when I ask questions, and get answers. It always makes me giggle.
Yep, I confess to yelling at the TV sometimes - and getting a laugh out of it when the presenter seems to reply!

I talk to my cat all the time, but of course he doesn't count as an inanimate object! He talks back sometimes - I can usually tell what he means by the tone of his meow There's the "feed me feed me feed me" meow, the "make a fuss of me" meow and the "look mum! I just caught a frog!" meow, for starters...

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-21-2006, 03:07 AM   #6377
IlGato_DiDiablo

I had a cat that commited suicide! I was depressed for more than a month. I used to live on the 16th floor and my window was open, so I walked in my room and I saw it there and I told it to go down, it didn't reply. I left and I came back and it was on the other edge, I started walk back and forth, then I don't know what the hell went through it's head, it gave this roar-ous meow and jumped out.

It was my first cat, it was black and had yellow green eyes. I missed it so much!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:38 AM   #6378
tenet_2012

I am currently watching "The Butterfly Effect".

So far, so good. I wonder how this movie slipped under my radar.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 04:20 AM   #6379
DarkIce

Quote:
XNG wrote: I still haven't seen Memoirs of a Geisha... It's not in theaters anymore.
I recommend to read the book. Much more brilliant!! Forget about the movie.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:46 AM   #6380
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo
I had a cat that commited suicide! I was depressed for more than a month. I used to live on the 16th floor and my window was open, so I walked in my room and I saw it there and I told it to go down, it didn't reply. I left and I came back and it was on the other edge, I started walk back and forth, then I don't know what the hell went through it's head, it gave this roar-ous meow and jumped out.

It was my first cat, it was black and had yellow green eyes. I missed it so much!
*cries* That's awful, hun

*hugs Ilgato*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 AM   #6381
mydnyght

currently, i'm absolutly disgusted by what's going on with bush and his newest anti-pagan push. in my college, my friends and i just finished forming a student pagann group, the last major pulic school to have such in the whole area (by the way). it sadens me to see just how ignorant people still are.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #6382
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyght
currently, i'm absolutly disgusted by what's going on with bush and his newest anti-pagan push. in my college, my friends and i just finished forming a student pagann group, the last major pulic school to have such in the whole area (by the way). it sadens me to see just how ignorant people still are.
What about freedom of religion?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #6383
tenet_2012

I'm wondering why I sleep better during the day.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #6384
Cruel Intentions

You're secretly a half-nocturnal predator!

On a more realistic note, do you, or did you ever, work nightshifts? You could just be in the habit. If you didn't work nightshift do you stay up late regularly or something? This is all rather presumptious but it's just a shot in the dark.

I don't sleep well at the best of times but I always seem to have my 'get up and go'. I tend to find it easier to get up in the morning if I've had less sleep the night before.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #6385
tenet_2012

I know y'all going to lynch me for this but...

I can't stand H.P. Lovecraft!

I tried to read The Call of Cthulhu, Herbert West: Reanimator and The Other Gods. I can't follow any of those stories. They do not make any sense.

I brought this up now because I've seen Lovecraft mentioned a lot in introductions. So I thought I'd give Lovecaft another chance with Cthulhu... ten or so pages in; I'm lost. It is bunch of little stories crunched together to make a whole story and it confuses the shit out of me.

Or maybe I'm just stupid.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #6386
Saya

Its okay to have different tastes, and if it will distract the lynching mob from you.....
I CANT STAND ANNE RICE!!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #6387
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012

I tried to read The Call of Cthulhu, Herbert West: Reanimator and The Other Gods. I can't follow any of those stories. They do not make any sense.

I brought this up now because I've seen Lovecraft mentioned a lot in introductions. So I thought I'd give Lovecaft another chance with Cthulhu... ten or so pages in; I'm lost. It is bunch of little stories crunched together to make a whole story and it confuses the shit out of me.

I can't stand most of his stories either. I keep hearimh "GET TO THE MOTHERFUCKING POINT!!!" in my head trying to read a lot of his work.

You don't need ten damned pages of drivel to say that it was a sunny day!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #6388
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012

Tenet, I read his stories and like them okay, but they are hard to read ... in the same way that some of the pulp fiction from the 30's and 40's is hard for me to read.

I love the "Reanimator" movie ... cheap budget but hilarious black comedy. I would recommend you put down the books and find the DVD or video! But rent it, in case you don't love it to the degree I do.

I once had a board game based on his writing and that thing was big fun to play. If your investigator encountered too many monsters, there was a danger he could go crazy!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #6389
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
Well, well, well. And how are my little lovlies doing? All my droogs and devotchka's?

How are you guys? I've missed this place too much. I'm doing pretty well in classes, so I'm gonna try to come back during the semester. If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go check out some of the threads. Fill me in on the latest Gnet happenings.
Kerova, you've been missed! I've seen people asking about you many times since you moved and started getting serious at school. I would have asked, so it's good to hear your are doing well at school.

Welcome back, man!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #6390
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKitsune
Am I the only person who talks to their betta fish like they're a criminal? I seem to be constantly accusing my fish of being on drugs (ie, bad references to the "bubbler" in his tank, etc.), he flares like none other though, so I figure he's asking for it...
Never bait a betta!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #6391
Shi'ark

I keep geting distracted by Ben’s avatar, that doesn’t mean I want you to change it
Old 03-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #6392
WolfMoon

I almost forgot!

WELCOME BACK KOROVA!!!

*hugz*
Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #6393
TheKorovaMilkbar

**Thanks Wolfie baby!** I hear you're a mod now, mmm... such power, come 'ere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo

My condolences, dear. That must be terrible to witness.

That's not an uncommon event. That's the exact reason that if you're ever going to get a cat, get two. If they get lonely they are likely to commit suicide.

I've always owned cats in pairs.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #6394
succubus,queenofvampires

Burger King's large fries have 600 calories in them!!
Well, at least they're better than McDonald's (610 kcal)

I'm never eating from them ever again!!!

Ok, that might've been an exaggeration...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #6395
tenet_2012

I need some of those fries!

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #6396
Ben Lahnger

Yep! Me tooo! And I do like McD's fries over others.

Although, lately, I've started buying the frozen steakhouse fries and baking them on a cookie sheet in the oven. Yum!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #6397
tenet_2012

I have a new pic in profile.

It was taken about a week ago.

I'm nervous about this but you guys are like family so what the hell. Also, I picked the cutest picture that I had.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #6398
edible_eye

you look perfect, tenet. the only thing that would have been better is a pic of you kissing a pussy.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #6399
Ben Lahnger

Tenet, I like it. A week ago? You look great! And that is as much as I'm gonna say before I start sounding like I'm flirting with you or something ...

not that there's anything wrong with that.

BTW, what's your friend's name?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #6400
Ben Lahnger

Wednesday is World Water Day. Did you know that around the world, 1 billion people – 20% of the population – don’t have clean drinking water?

http://www.worldwaterday2006.org/

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Closed Thread