Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #601
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
s'all-right. you got some nice titties y'self.

http://www.wimpie.net/images/jennifer.jpg

Mmmmm...Jennifer Aniston boobies...

http://img9.echo.cx/img9/6171/0328vy.gif
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #602
edible_eye

i agree with drgn - cut her loose and let it go. she's an emotional parasite, and she'll suck you dry. the fight is hers, not yours and you'll only end up frustrated, angry and distracted from your own deal.

i also agree with alkilyu - whomever made jennifer anniston did a good thing. and whomever made her boobs did an even better thing.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #603
WolfMoon

Geez...........

I had forgotten exactly what the doctor had told me about the foreskin removal process. So I was looking up circumcision and exactly what it intails today and ran across some interesting facts. Apparently it's considered genital mutilation. Boy, I feel like such a great mommy now! I've allowed my son to be mutilated and can never go back and restore what I've done. I have buyer's remorse.

I feel like such a hypocrit! I would never have let someone mutilate my dauhter, but I practically shove my son penis-first, onto a knife blade. What a moron!

I don't know what psychological effects being circumcised will have on my son or if his uh, sexual plaesure(when he gets older), will be hampered by it. Apparently it's akin to removing the inner labia of the woman.

I feel like I've permanently imasculated my son and that one day he's really gonna hate me for it. If I could go back and undo it I would!

:x
Old 06-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #604
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Geez...........

I had forgotten exactly what the doctor had told me about the foreskin removal process. So I was looking up circumcision and exactly what it intails today and ran across some interesting facts. Apparently it's considered genital mutilation. Boy, I feel like such a great mommy now! I've allowed my son to be mutilated and can never go back and restore what I've done. I have buyer's remorse.

I feel like such a hypocrit! I would never have let someone mutilate my dauhter, but I practically shove my son penis-first, onto a knife blade. What a moron!

I don't know what psychological effects being circumcised will have on my son or if his uh, sexual plaesure(when he gets older), will be hampered by it. Apparently it's akin to removing the inner labia of the woman.

I feel like I've permanently imasculated my son and that one day he's really gonna hate me for it. If I could go back and undo it I would!

:x
Noooooooo Wolfy don't think right that...you did the right thing. Trust me he will not care, if anything he will be greatful you removed the "turtleneck".
Old 06-11-2005, 02:35 AM   #605
drgnlvr

Awww, Wolfy, you just caught the militant stuff about non-circumcision. *hugs*

You're not a bad mommy!

Look, there are two sides of the issue. The more militant call it mutilation, on the same level as female circumcision...but it ain't anything like that. Men still enjoy sex, cut or no. Women who are cut will -never- enjoy it. The culture of female circumcision has alot more to do with keeping women subservient, than any health, or religious issues.

And there are quite a few good arguments to cut. Sure, all things being equal, teach him to keep it clean, and he might be fine. But alot of times, guys who aren't cut, no matter how clean they are, have issues with the foreskin becoming infected, or constricted...and both of those situations are life-threatening, and worse (in the guys eyes, at least), a danger of causing loss of the organ, permanent scarring, or just no function.

What woman has that problem if she isn't cut?

Yes, an uncut guy is going to be more sensitive, but that is not always a good thing. Sex can be downright painful for some uncut guys, no matter how much lube he uses.

As I said, there are arguments on both sides. And both have pros and cons, but you didn't do anything bad, Dear. *hugs*
Old 06-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #606
WolfMoon

My husband wanted to get it done so that Sevi wouldn't feel like he was different from daddy.

I do realize that circumcized men still enjoy sex, my hubby is. I was just having a problem with actually making such a permanent decision about his body when I haven't even pierced my daughter's ears yet. There's a huge part of me that thinks it's unfair to make decisions about their(my children's) own bodies for them. But my husband doesn't lament his lack of foreskin.

I am thinking about piercing my daughter's ears for her birthday in a couple weeks. I got mine pierced when I was 4 and was always glad my mom had done it. 'Course I'm a vain woman.

:P

Thanks for making me feel better, guys.

edit: Draggy, it is a bit of a system shock to read page after page of "genital mutilation(circumcision)". And I just started thinking that I don't own one so how do I know if it's right to hack teensy bits of it off?
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #607
AlKilyu

Quote:
My husband wanted to get it done so that Sevi wouldn't feel like he was different from daddy.

I do realize that circumcized men still enjoy sex, my hubby is.

And you did the right thing Wolfy for the above reasons. No offense to anyone here who still has a turtleneck, but he'd more than likely get goofed on as he gets older for that in lockerooms and stuff. But now he won't, cause mommy saved the day! And I can understand not piercing your daughter's ears...she looks so cute already! I seriously look at that pic sometimes when I am feeling down cause it cheers me up.

Now for my little rant.

So I am driving down 60th, a two lane somewhat busy street, heading home from just going out and driving my car to relax. I just bought a couple of CDs and after "Whip It Right" by the Dazz band was over, fuckin' "Flashlight" by Parliment started. Now just as the song was starting, and the bass was kicking in properly, cause it's old school funk, this white car starts to pull out from a side street. It took all of three seconds, but it seemed to have gone in slow motion. Basically this short woman was pulling out, apparently thinking it was a two lane street, and upon realizing it was in fact one lane and there was a parked car around the corner she was right turning from, she proceeds to head STRAIGHT INTO MY LANE AIMED RIGHT AT THE RIGHT FRONT FUCKING FENDER. I slammed the brakes, laid on the horn for what seemed like forever, and she pulled over to wait for me to pass. I noted in my rear-view mirror she pulled back out, went to pull up to that curb again, then pulled out so she could stop completely and turn right again to go around the block.

All the muscles in my already tense areas tightened, and still are, totally negating the physical therapy I have had in the past weeks.

A positive note to all of this: I found out if you honk the horn, I mean lay on it, the stereo mutes! Maybe it's so they can hear me call them worthless $#@%#$#er's whose mother's %%#$ %$#$ $#$%* and likes it.

But dammit, I was trying to listen to "Flashlight".
Old 06-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #608
CptSternn

Yeah, that happens when you know, you drive. Get a license.

And Clinton? First, thats not very goth. Second, making references to being white anf having funk is just, well, wrong.

And before you start in on my and how great Clinton and the PFunk are, let me tell you, I met George when he played and had his afterparty at my club.

We spent the night making fun of the white men in polo shirts and kahaki pants who kept coming up asking about funk and making funk references.

We also noted the number of white men with dredlocks who smelled like pachouli, but thats another story all together...
Old 06-15-2005, 01:01 PM   #609
AlKilyu

Wow...attacking me in all these threads...

Obsess much?

What do you listen to in your car then...oh THAT'S right, you lost them all! Okay what do you listen to on yer mope-eh they can't fit a stereo on there. iPod? Do you listen to an iPod? Alright, what do you listen to on your iPod on the local bus that also hauls sheep through the countryside?

And before you go on about George Clinton, you should know that no one here cares who you've met or how many names you've dropped. Seriously, if you were that cool, would you have to remind folks constantly? In your mall security guard khakis?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #610
Loy

SIFF over

One dead friend

One dying friend

Giving up writing

Will expand on rants soon

Now, will drink these 18 bottle of Bushmills in a row, then go directly to the hospital and fall into an alcohol poisoning-induced coma....or, come back and post. Some say it's almost the same. What do you think?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #611
AlKilyu

LOY WTF?!?!

Email me man. Please.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #612
edible_eye

i have to agree with alkilyu - wtf happened?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #613
Soul_Immortal

:-(

We are here for ya, buddy.

*Soul*
Old 06-18-2005, 10:58 PM   #614
Soul_Immortal

Thats it.

I need to write a book.

"Spousal Etiquette: The Nice, The Not-So-Nice, and The Sweet"

Tom, I hope your feet feel better, sending many hugs to you...:-(

A very sympathetic,

*Soul*
Old 06-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #615
WolfMoon

Okay, so I'm trying my best not to cry, but I am anyway. I'm sorry, Loy. I really am. I'm sorry that you're in pain and I'm sorry that you'll probably be going through even more soon. I know that you like to think that you're a big meany Loy, but I know you're a total sweetheart, and it breaks my heart to know you're going through such a bad patch right now. Keep us posted, luv.

*crying*

And Tom, I couldn't make you walk anywhere. Especially not 10 freakin' miles! That's babaric. Come sit on my lap and I'll make it all better-er I mean I've got some Epsom salts and a whip, uh ................

You know what I mean.

:twisted:

:wink:

And Al, thanks.

edit:I mean barbaric! Not Babar! Damned elephant.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #616
edible_eye

i'm with tstone lee jones on this one, loy - you've apparently got a few souls here who care.

hope things are slowly coming to light.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #617
Loy

Wow, you guys.....thank you all (and Al....check you're emails. I actually sent one before logging on here)

So to get the tough shit out of the way.....

One friend passed away last Sunday (cancer). He didn't want a funeral, but we had a wake yesterday at his favorite bar. It was weird. I mean, here was this 67 year old researcher (he worked on this little thing called the Human Genome Project, for one thing) whose close friends were 20-30 year olds. But then again, he wasn't exactly a "normal" scientist. And while I can honestly say that I'm glad he's no longer in pain, and that he truly lived life to its fullest, maybe I'm just being greedy, but I'd rather be arguing with him over shots of bushmills and coffee about Wilhelm Reich than....well, you can figure it out.

My other friend was a friend of mine from high school. My high school years were spent in a shitty hick town with a navy base smack dab in the center (after spending most of my American life in southern California), and I went through what almost any kid with a brain and an imagination does in situations like this-a shitload of drugs and suicide attempts to shut out the banal stupidity of being stuck there. After I quit drugs, two things saved me- punk rock and my friend. Well, he's been sick for almost a decade, and was getting better, but after his companion left him last year, he stopped doing his PH coctails....and now I am going to say goodbye to him. We'll say "let's keep in contact", but I know him, and I know he doesn't want his friends to watch him degenerate. Fuck, he'd probably avoid his family if he could.....again, me being greedy, but I just don't want him to go.

The simpler shit-

SIFF-the largest film festival in north America. I always feel a bit of sadness after it ends, always ashamed that I couldn't make it to all the films that played (I only made it to about 100 of the 350+ films this year), but on the good side, I've been asked to particvipate in picking out next years films. Which means two things, 1-I have to postpone moving to Boston at least 6 more months, and 2-I'll all of a sudden have more "friends" (and if you're gonna try to push your film onto me for consideration on the next festival, I'll only ask that the film not A-suck, B-suck, and C-nopt be about lesbian vampires. If C is confusing for you, please read A and B again).

Writing-of course I'm gonna miss it. I'm gonna miss the delving into the most fucked-up aspects of myself and the emotional isolation it brings about, along with the pushing away of everybody I care about....the ass-kissing and game-playing that most think go along with "gaining a reputation", the hive-mind mentality of most writers that barely hide the cannibalism that percolates beneath....the broken relationships, permanently damaged sleep pattern, the raised alcohol tolerance (I can easilly handle about $60 worth of drinks with nary a slur or stagger)....the self-doubt when you get when some fucktard tries to "critique" something you wrote just to impress some skank he's fucking around on anyways...the fact that for every Celine or Dostoyevsky, there's 500 Anne Rice and Michael Crichtons....

Actually, there are a few things about it that mean a lot to me, and after getting a thorough ass-chewing from...well, a lot of people, I'm now saying "I'm taking a break" rather than "I'm giving up". Why am I gi....err...."taking a break"? Simple-I fulfilled a few of the goals I set out to when I started off. The main goal-I don't suck. Now, this isn't to imply that I'm a genius or anything, but the hardest thing for any writer (or, if you really wanna get down to it, any "artist".....god, how I hate that term) to do is not suck (something I'm sure all the other writers out there understand). And now...maybe it's a "mid-life crisis", but it doesn't have the same appeal to me. So now I'm gonna find something I thoroughly suck at (painting and photography are looking good right now), and work and work at it until I no longer suck. Believe it or not, it's gonna be nice to suck horribly at something again.

Now that I've put you all to sleep, I'll end off now.

Again, thank you guys for...well, for being you guys.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:03 PM   #618
WolfMoon

Always here, babe.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #619
sevenpointsofinanity

So, I rent a room from my friend's grandmother. This friend is my old roommate, and I agreed to stay until he gets on his feet. I hate living here, but I made this promise and owe him one...that's the short story.

I've had some friends visiting from New Zealand, and one of them was staying in *MY* room. I get a message on my office voice mail from this friend who is currently en route to TAMPA now because FUCKING CUM DUMPSTER BITCH GRANDMOTHER threatened to call the cops on him if he didn't leave! He did absolutely nothing to provoke this, and basically she waited til I went to work to pull this crap. If I didn't like, pay rent, or if my friend was rowdy or caused trouble, I would understand. NO...psycho bitch just decided she was bored. I hope she fucking takes some bad Geritol or something.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #620
Empty_Purple_Stars

Loy,

I'm almost certain that wasn't you with the grenade at the courthouse yesterday in Seattle, but if you should change your mind, I know some REALLY TALL TREES we could climb with a pair of high-powered sniper rifles around here..

Just let me know, my schedule is pretty flexible..

Imma pm you my cell # again, call me if you need anything..

Like Bullets or Bushmills, whatever..

Now onto the show..

Le Meh...

Well after being told by the Cardiologist that we have to monitor the murmur as Hellspawn #1 gets older, he referred us back to his regular physician for all the other symptoms they can't exsplain..

Now he had Pnumonia when they found the Heart Murmur and we treated it. Now not even three weeks later he started going downhill again, fast..

By the middle of the night Sunday, he was running a temp of almost 103.

So yesterday it was back to the hospital, with BOTH boys in tow, and me suspecting he had Pnumonia again. I had to practically give frigin birth just to get the damn appointment.. Argh!

Now because of reasons that I won't elaborate on here, Hellspawn # 1 has some diffuculty lets say 'expressing himself'. So yesterday, (with my son outside each exam room so he didnt have to watch) it took myself and TWO OTHER ADULTS to hold him down in THREE DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS in the hospital while they ran tests. During which time I got to listen to:

" I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!!! " " LET ME GO!!" " YOUR NOT MY MOMMY" " I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Over and over and over AND over....

At TOP volume about 3 inches from my ear..

From one department to the next..

All while he is trying to kick and scream and spit and bite us.

I swear if he knew how to cuss he would have been doing that too. Even with us holding him down he almost broke the needle off in his legs a few times while trying to grab it and kick it.

Of course my son thought we were killing him and was trying to beat the exam room doors down in two of the departments to try and help Hellspawn#1. He was sooooo frightened after each round he was white as a ghost.

When we finally made it to the lab AFTER all that for blood draws, I just wanted to crawl under the chairs and die.

Of course on this floor, there is nothing separating the lab from the waiting room but a table, and about 75 people in the waiting room.

So with nowhere to put my son while we hold Hellspwn # 1 down again to get the blood, he had to sit there and watch this nightmare right next to us, while all these people in the waiting room listened to the Hellspawn # 1 lose his mind, AGAIN!!!

It was sooooo humiliating, and nerve-wracking...

I tried everything, and so did the hospital staff to get him to cooperate so we didnt have to pin him down, but he wasn't having any of it.

I tried exsplaining it was going to hurt more if he thrashed. I even had him squeeze my arm when it was tense to feel what his muscles do when he starts fighting us. I tried bribery, a stern voice. They tried popsicles and stickers and toys. Which promptly got thrown back in their face by this VERY angry and disrespectful five year old.

By the end of the day, I was totally beaten and mortified BEYOND belief. My son was never like that, nor any of the other children I have known. I absolutely exhausted my mommy arensal and was just completely broken-hearted after 4 hours of hate and venom from this five year old.

So all we know at this point is that he does in fact have Pnumonia again, and they are running tests to check his electrolyte levels and Creatine levels.

He got in as much trouble as a five year old with Pnumonia can get when his dad got home for his behavior, and we get to do this all over again, in a week.

Manimal insists that really isn't how he feels about me, but I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt really bad nonetheless..

Fucking Sigh..

I feel silly for letting a child make me feel like such shit, but I do..

He knows better and he knew what he was doing and saying..

All his dad had to do was ask what happened and he told him.

Very matter of factly even...

I know I am not his mom, and will never be, but I care for him and love him as much as I do my own..

It just hurts, and was so traumatic I don't even know if I can go through that again alone. Manimal was stuck at work yesterday or he would've been there as well.

I sat down on the couch and just balled like a baby after they went to bed last night. We're trying so hard to get him well, and find out what's wrong with him, and that's gawdamn impossible to do when he loses it everytime we go to the doctor...

Meh Meh Meh...

Thanks again to everyone for your concern..

Maybe someone could email me a Bottle of Glenlivet and some Valium..

Sigh..

Summer break just fucking started and I already wish it was Fall term..

How sad is that?

Hugs and Ass Grabs for all...
Old 06-21-2005, 09:54 PM   #621
edible_eye

loy -

i wish you all the best working through your heartaches. and i wish you the best as you come to terms with your passions. sounds like you're hitting a turning point in life - savor it.

e_p_s -

hearing those words spill from the mouth of a child you love and cherish sucks donkey dick. 5 yrs. old is a rough age. my son, who's seven now, told me three or four times when he was 5 that he hated me - always in a fit of passion. the first and second time i let it go - cuz kids will be kids. the third time i sat him down and explained what his words did to my heart - cuz even though he was only five, and even though i knew he didn't mean it and even though he was only 5 and even though a few minutes later the passionate screaming was over and even though he was only 5 - hearing those words slashed right through me. he got it. he understood as well as his little, developing brain was able to understand - and it was enough for him to remember that it hurt me to hear it.

good luck with both boys getting better and i'm glad to hear the heart murmur is one to watch, rather than act on immediately.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #622
AlKilyu

Loy: I am emailing you as we speak, sorry for the delay.

EPS: He's sick again and doesn't fever cause people to lose it? I am not excusing his behaviour, and I am sure Manimal gave him what for when he got home, I just feel for the little guy cause he has been through sooooo much in his little life. For those just joining, I stayed at their house for a week and watched him for Manimal while he and EPS went and got their stuff. I got to play dad! I'd take him to school, pick him up, make him dinner, read him a story and put him to bed. I loved it and the first night I got back home I felt a bit empty inside and worried if he got a story before bed (I'm sure Manimal's sister did) or if he remembered the "Brushing Your Toofies" song I taught him. He is a sweet kid, so while this experience was hell for poor EPS, he is truely a good little tot.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #623
WolfMoon

Awwww Al, sounds like you're gonna be a greatr dad some day. Lilith loves the "Toothbrush Tango" song from Blue's Clues.

EPS, *HUGS*
I don't know how I'll react the first time I hear those words from either of my baby-bats. I do remember that I was deathly afraid of needles when I was a child, and still can't look at them drawing blood now. When I was 5 it took my mom and 3 nurses to hold my arm down to take blood when I had tonsilitis(sp?). I don't remember doing anything but screaming.I know it's gotta be hard to hear those words from a child you love so much, but I'm sure he didn't mean it.

I know that he will regret every mean word he's ever said to you one day.

Seven, I say you introduce that old lady to some Ars-...........er asinine comments. And maybe a few gestures, like this one ..l..

heh, we should have a smiley shootin' the bird.

And Tom? You're not goin' anywhere...............

Old 06-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #624
AlKilyu

My massage therapist/lady acted pissed off that my doctor ordered for me to get a deep tissue massage, like touching a man would ruin her preference or something.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #625
sevenpointsofinanity

Quote:
Seven, I say you introduce that old lady to some Ars-...........er asinine comments. And maybe a few gestures, like this one ..l..
Hell yeah. She's been hiding out since she pulled that crap, of course. :evil:
Closed Thread