Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: The Laws in the USA are not fair to all races?
Yes 5 50.00%
No 1 10.00%
It is a mute point 2 20.00%
For the most part fair, but bridging on cruelty 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Catch

Stupid Laws

I wonder if politicans would pass all of these overly brutal laws that demeen people unjustly if they imagined the law being used on their own kids.

Look at the "War on Drugs." It is a war on this country's own citizens. The crime commited is bootlegging drugs in the USA. The punishment is lifetime imprisonment.

They say people who do drugs are more likely to steal. That isn't killing someone. Even then, more likely doesn't mean they did.

The profile is blacks and mexicans. I guess they don't have the money for the habbit so they steal, maybe. (Just racist.)

Bet the law makers are imagining hunting down those blacks and mexicans. If they imagined their own son or daughter getting arrested, they would clearly see how injust the laws are.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
bleedingheart344

Are you on crack? Who says that descrimination is taking place? Think about it, if someone is bootlegging drugs, it may not be killing people, but it's still highly illegal. I would say lifetime imprisonment is a tad extravagent, but anyone could commit the crime. Think of it this way, do you honestly think the government sits there with statistics in hand that show that most drug bootleggers are mexicans or african americans, just so they can make a law to get back at them?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Are you on crack? Who says that descrimination is taking place? Think about it, if someone is bootlegging drugs, it may not be killing people, but it's still highly illegal. I would say lifetime imprisonment is a tad extravagent, but anyone could commit the crime. Think of it this way, do you honestly think the government sits there with statistics in hand that show that most drug bootleggers are mexicans or african americans, just so they can make a law to get back at them?
I think racial profiling subverts the reason for having the laws. Someone white isn't being looked at as much. They are commiting the crime and even when caught are seen as innocent, while blacks and mexicans are guilty in the eyes of the law, without even commiting the crime.

For this reason, there is always a blind eye and a group of people are going to keep commiting the crimes. If white people were being punished guilty and having to prove innocense the laws would be abridged to be more fair and related to the crime actually commited.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
bleedingheart344

Well, think of it in terms of a different crime. Two murderers, killed the same amount of people. One white male and one african american male. Are they honestly going to be tried differently for committing the same crime? I don't think so. Or better yet, in terms of this crime. You have a white male and an african american male that both build meth labs and distribute to people. Are they going to be tried differently? This stuff ended a while ago...
Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Well, think of it in terms of a different crime. Two murderers, killed the same amount of people. One white male and one african american male. Are they honestly going to be tried differently for committing the same crime? I don't think so. Or better yet, in terms of this crime. You have a white male and an african american male that both build meth labs and distribute to people. Are they going to be tried differently? This stuff ended a while ago...
This is also another good point. When someone goes in guilty, they get the higher extent of punishment.

I can imagine a white guy saying, "I was holding the drugs for friends. I didn't plan on selling them to anyone." or "This guy put me up to selling the drugs, but it didn't mean anything. I have never sold drugs my hold life."

The jury would nod and say he's a good kid. We should let him go this time, but if he does it again, he's a fool.

Black guy says the same thing. He is going to do some time in jail. Just because the black lady in the jury was also saying, "I know you're a lying dog." Which assumes intelligence and responsibility, doesn't make it less racist.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
bleedingheart344

I want proof that this actually happens. Link me to evidence. I can't imagine anything like this happening now.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
This is also another good point. When someone goes in guilty, they get the higher extent of punishment.

I can imagine a white guy saying, "I was holding the drugs for friends. I didn't plan on selling them to anyone." or "This guy put me up to selling the drugs, but it didn't mean anything. I have never sold drugs my hold life."

The jury would nod and say he's a good kid. We should let him go this time, but if he does it again, he's a fool.

Black guy says the same thing. He is going to do some time in jail. Just because the black lady in the jury was also saying, "I know you're a lying dog." Which assumes intelligence and responsibility, doesn't make it less racist.
I don't know where you're pulling this from -- your ass, maybe? Unless you can provide me with a specific case, I HIGHLY doubt a white kid who says "I was just holding these drugs for a friend" would be let go with a smile and a pat on the head.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Tha Duckman

All black people are black!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Catch

Sure. And you're Irish, so go get a drink.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
bleedingheart344

Stop getting distracted. I want proof, damn it, otherwise, you're making all of this up.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
Catch

Well I have experimented with the whole race thing. I'm white. Wondered about racism. I treat everyone equally. As a hispanic I can say I didn't do something. No one believes me. As a white person I can say I didn't do something. Everyone blieves me.

Yep, it was really weird. I've always been the same person. Didn't change at all. People's attitude changed toward me.

I was thinking about that today. That's what spond the whole thread. People would try talking to me about racism and I didn't believe them. Now I've seen it and it's ugly.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
All black people are black!
You have it easy! No one thinks you're intelligent! You're whole life is baby's breath and clover.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Xombie

I really don't think your small experiment is legimitate evidence to back up what you're saying here.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
Catch

I think it is. There are also tons of statistics you can access through whitehouse.gov that if you break it down into ratios there is a strong bias towards certain races. That is what they look at in racial profiling, but that also helps continue the statistics.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
Tumor

Maybe you live in a different time-zone, but all races are discriminated against. That includes whites.

Look at Black Entertainment Television (B.E.T.)... if someone tried creating a White Entertainment Television, what do you suppose would happen? Every single non-white lawyer and political/activist group would start suing. Black comedians get on stage all the time and give us whole routines based entirely around being racist against whites. We call that "comedy." If a white comedian gave us a routine based around being racist against blacks, do you think he'd be around long? Hell no. Or replace Carlos Mencia with Jeff Foxworthy (but keep Mencia's jokes), and you'd have the first lawsuit before the joke ends.

There's racism everywhere in this country. Sad but true. But instead of bitching about it, why don't you try to come up with ways to deal with problem?
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
You have it easy! No one thinks you're intelligent! You're whole life is baby's breath and clover.
Man, I have it SO easy I can't even decide whether I should pay bills this week or eat! I have such a busy schedule trying to figure this one out.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #17
bleedingheart344

Seriously, Catch. You're not the only one who has to struggle in life, you pompous bitch. Boo-hoo, I'm latino and can't bear being discriminated against even though that stuff never happens anymore. Oh boo-hoo, life is so horrible when I keep repeatedly playing the race card to show how bad the government is. Ever think you're being racist to whites in government by accusing them all of being racist?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #18
Tha Duckman

Us Irish are the nigg3rs of Europe, you know. I was told this by a kind black fellow who taught me the blues.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

What I don't understand is why you're bitching that black and latino people get busted for crimes.
THEY SHOULD.
What you should be bitching about is if white people DON'T get busted.
If white people aren't getting jailed or fined for crimes, that doesn't mean everyone should be off the hook, it just means white people should be busted for crimes.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #20
Mir

I think that it is criminal to put someone for smoking pot, in jail, next to someone that has killed another.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #21
Tha Duckman

It's criminal to not download my new song!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
Mir

It is criminal to all talk about it and not provide a link.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
Tha Duckman

It's criminal to not go find it in the music bit of the forum!

But here's the link anyways.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #24
Mir

Wooohooooo!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #25
Tha Duckman

Ain't I great?