Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #1851
Duane

Damn legal drinking age being 21, it should be 20. Not much of a difference between a 20 year old and a 21 year old, anyway.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #1852
Saya

Here its 19, but I'm pretty sure it was an all ages show too. Beer was sold but thats when they ID'd people, I think.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #1853
Duane

347 days left, I feel like Cartman did in the episode he froze himself for a week because he couldn't handle waiting for the Wii to be released in stores. Except, I don't want to drink that badly.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #1854
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Hehe, I got to see Alice Cooper last year ^_^ fun times.
He sometimes comes to the state-fair here, but I've never seen him at it because the stage has a beer-tent, which is the only place in the fair where people are allowed to drink and there's always massive ammounts of redneck vomit.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #1855
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
He sometimes comes to the state-fair here, but I've never seen him at it because the stage has a beer-tent, which is the only place in the fair where people are allowed to drink and there's always massive ammounts of redneck vomit.
Odd, you know he's born again?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #1856
carakitty

Quote:
Odd, you know he's born again?
Veeery interesting (to me). When did that happen?
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #1857
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Veeery interesting (to me). When did that happen?
Quote:
But Cooper says those who understand his shtick recognize that the show has always been a blend of farce and satire. They also know that he became a born-again Christian 16 years ago when he quit drinking.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...e-cooper_x.htm

So 19 years ago now (that article is from 2006)

Quote:
That changed when alcoholism threatened his marriage. He and his wife, Sheryl, attended a church with a "hellfire pastor." Cooper said he became a Christian "initially more out of the fear of God, rather than the love of God ... I did not want to go to hell." Interviewed for HM's March/April issue, Cooper views his faith as "an ongoing thing."

"Being a Christian is something you just progress in. You learn. You go to your Bible studies. You pray," he said.

He has avoided "celebrity Christianity," because "it's really easy to focus on Alice Cooper and not on Christ. I'm a rock singer. I'm nothing more than that. I'm not a philosopher. I consider myself low on the totem pole of knowledgeable Christians. So, don't look for answers from me."
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26647
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #1858
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
My whole life is a dark room.

One...big...dark...room.
So you were miserable in New York city and now you're going to be miserable out here in the sticks. Least someone's life hasn't been upheaved.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #1859
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Damn legal drinking age being 21, it should be 20. Not much of a difference between a 20 year old and a 21 year old, anyway.
16 out here. You learn to drink before you learn to drive. Booyaaahhhhh
Old 10-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #1860
SweetJane

I'm lucky I dress, act, and sound older than I am, and most of my friends are between 25 and 30. So I'm 19 and I usually get into 21 and up bars, even if I get carded as long as I stick to my story. It's nice because SIU is a well known party school, and 21 and up bars are where all of us pretentious locals go to drink. I hate having to pay a five dollar cover to watch college freshmen act like complete twats.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #1861
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
16 out here. You learn to drink before you learn to drive. Booyaaahhhhh
I think it's 17 here, for buying tobacco too.

It's a new measure, I haven't heard anyone been asked for ID in clubs or liquor stores yet.

But you have to be 18 to be allowed to vote or drive a car.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #1862
SweetJane

MAAAAAN... me and my friend are deffinitely going to get into fight today. He's sick, and he's kind of an obnoxious bastard anyway, and he needs me to drive him to the insurance place becaue his vehicle has been uninsured for over a month, and he has one of those ghetto-credit cars that just won't turn on if you do something wrong.

That and me and my parents are broke like a joke, and there's no way I can loan him any money (not that I would have anyway, the fucker owes me $300, conservatively).

I also now have "Gold Digger" by Kanye stuck in my head, which isn't EXACTLY applicable here.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #1863
korinna5555

The left side of my face is numb. Bleeeeeh. Dentists are lame.
It was also rather awkward when I realized that my dental hygienist is also the mom of my friend who died. I hadn't seen her in YEARS, and it was like.. woah. Good to see her, though.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #1864
Solumina

Lately I can't even stand to be around one of my roommates. I don't know why but everything about him just grates on my nerves. He has always been a little awkward and oblivious to many social cues but for the past few days his very presence has been pissing me off.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #1865
The Divine Ms. M

It's the middle of Oct., it just rained & it's very warm outside. I don't get it...
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #1866
MissCheyenne

I seriously want to kill my sister. She's making a big fuss because she believes that her daughter is missing out on having a proper family because of my sons autism. She refuses to accept that we have to make certain allowances and changes in order for him to cope with his surroundings and the people in it. She also believes that he is just spoilt and getting his own way because I can't be bothered to discipline him properly. I am so angry right now and I can't find a way to make her understand how petty and stupid she is being because of a little boy who can't help the way he is.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #1867
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divine Ms. M View Post
It's the middle of Oct., it just rained & it's very warm outside. I don't get it...
It's because of your location. I lived in that state for 19 years.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #1868
Joker_in_the_Pack

Seriously, FUCK BODY MODS BEING SO ADDICTING.

I'm stopping my lobe stretching at 00g (for aesthetic reasons) but FUCK IT'S TEMPTING.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #1869
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I seriously want to kill my sister. She's making a big fuss because she believes that her daughter is missing out on having a proper family because of my sons autism. She refuses to accept that we have to make certain allowances and changes in order for him to cope with his surroundings and the people in it. She also believes that he is just spoilt and getting his own way because I can't be bothered to discipline him properly. I am so angry right now and I can't find a way to make her understand how petty and stupid she is being because of a little boy who can't help the way he is.
Toxic relatives are incredibly difficult to deal with. If you son has been clinically diagnosed, I'm with you, although murder is not the answer.

I'm not a subtle guy when it comes to toxic family members, largely because small reactions generally don't result in any change over the long run. I feel fairly confident in saying that this is not the first time your sister has behaved this way. So the pattern of behavior is unbroken regardless of all your best attempts. So in this case, where your son needs you to be his champion, half measures will not cut it.

I'm the kind of person that would cut off all contact with a relative that is that destructive towards my providing the best home and life I can to my own family. You already have an unimaginably hard job being the parent of an autistic child. DO NOT stand for anyone getting in your way and making it harder.

Like I said, I'm not subtle. I burn bridges and don't look back. It's actually heartwarming how many times other people have decided to build new bridges to meet me.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #1870
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Toxic relatives are incredibly difficult to deal with. If you son has been clinically diagnosed, I'm with you, although murder is not the answer.

I'm not a subtle guy when it comes to toxic family members, largely because small reactions generally don't result in any change over the long run. I feel fairly confident in saying that this is not the first time your sister has behaved this way. So the pattern of behavior is unbroken regardless of all your best attempts. So in this case, where your son needs you to be his champion, half measures will not cut it.

I'm the kind of person that would cut off all contact with a relative that is that destructive towards my providing the best home and life I can to my own family. You already have an unimaginably hard job being the parent of an autistic child. DO NOT stand for anyone getting in your way and making it harder.

Like I said, I'm not subtle. I burn bridges and don't look back. It's actually heartwarming how many times other people have decided to build new bridges to meet me.
You are right, this isn't the first time my sister has chosen to behave this way. Sadly, despite my very best efforts to try and make her understand the situation and the allowances that need to be made she refuses to take it in. She is highly resentful of the attention my son requires and his particular needs and just sees it as him being spoiled and given attention he doesn't need. He does have a clinical diagnosis, so her claims that I am just making his problems up is obviously complete and utter bullshit. I think you may be right, it may be time to cut contact with her all together.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #1871
Saya

I heard the word "thinspiration" today so I went to look it up and came across a lot of pro-ana websites. That shit makes me want to cry.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #1872
SweetJane

Quote:
I heard the word "thinspiration" today so I went to look it up and came across a lot of pro-ana websites. That shit makes me want to cry.
Yeah, people in general in our modern world are mentally very unhealthy, but ecpecially women. It seems like few women these days are healthy in terms of diet. Many women over-eat due to emotional issue, and others become anorexic or bulemic.

I think my friend's little sister (who is 14 and has a serious television addiction) idolizes anorexia, but is too afraid to do it, and instead overeats like crazy. I told my friend to watch her little sister because she doesn't know of anyone her sister knows named Anna, but written across all her folders with the names of all her other best friends is "Ana!"

Fucked up.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #1873
Still Jack

I feel like someones shat in my brain. This is the first time I've had a hangover for a long time...
Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #1874
DrusillaHemlock

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
After the shit day , i managed to drink close to 2 bottle of whisky ,write 3 poems and paint.
AND ALL While Pregnant Can you say SEVERLY HARMED CHILD there and BEFORE You cluck OH nothing will be wrong it's called fetal alcohol syndrome

Google it

basically Your child WILL more than likely Have learning disabilties and Possibly Health problems Will be underweight MIGHT Be deformed slightly and YOU THINK YOU'LL BE A GOOD MOM

WOW girl Give you head a shake
DrusillaHemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #1875
SweetJane

Maaaaan... two of my closest friends are fighting. ONE of them was supposed to be living with our mutual friend until the other one was ready to move in from her parent's house. The one that's living there is finally getting his shit together and realizing that he has some serious issues, but has no where alse to go because all of his family is overseas, and he has no money saved to move somewhere else and it's winter. There's no way my parents will take him in again... I whent crazy and practically tried to kill him while we lived together and he owes my parents money.

My other friend, one of my ONLY friends from highschool, really wants to get out of her house by the end of November.

Neither of them can afford to live without the third friend, but the one who's living there literally has nowhere to go. I feel bad siding on him with this because my other friend... she has been so good to me and was always there when he treated my like shit, and we've been through a lot together in terms of growing up in the same shit-hole area and not turning out to be shit human beings. also, she's more likely to do me a favor and I see her more than him (well, recently anyway) because she's not an old grump.

But for him it's he stays where he is or he probably has to go back home overseas, and chances are he won't be let back in the country to get his citizenship if he leaves now becasue he has a pot charge (less than 10 grams). For her it would just mean staying at her asshole parents house where doesn't pay rent or anything like that.

I know who I have to side with because it's right, but I just wish she had moved out when she was 18 like I had so she'd be a little more grown up about this.