Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
HerGhostInTheFog

Sin City

Who else loved the movie Sin City? I think it was awesome!
i havnt read the books yet.... sorry to dissapoint you....
I've heard they're really good
i've seen it twice so far, and that's alot for me considering i usually only watch a movie once.
so, any opinions on it?
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
AlKilyu

Re: Sin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGhostInTheFog
Who else loved the movie Sin City?
so, any opinions on it?
Did or do you read the "What Movie Did You Last Watch?" thread?

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
Deadhymn

Re: Sin City

Quote:
i've seen it 2ce so fare, adn that's alot for me.
Can anyone translate this??? What is this shit....You know....everytime HerGhostInTheToilet posts, its just too little, too late...
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #4
pitseleh

That's the first time I've ever seen the word "twice" written "2ce". That's just all kinds of wrong. So when you say watching a movie two times is a lot for you, does that mean you'll usually watch the first half of a film, then fast forward through the rest?

I have a friend who has seen all three LOTR movies (extended ed.) literally a hundred times each. Now that is a lot.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 PM   #5
AlKilyu

Regardless of the fact this thread is about as useless as tits on a boar, I shall try to save it (warning you 56k'ers, this will take a bit to load, sorry)

Best part of the movie:
Old 04-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #6
akhira

Wow :shock:

I heard it was lifted almost panel for panel form the comics by Frank Miller. That true Al?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #7
HerGhostInTheFog

thank you all for being asholes. that's very kind.
i probably write too little, too late because i dont have the internet at my house, and usually when i get on the computer i have homework to do so i dont have too much time to waste on a stupid bulletin board on the internet. i have so many misspellings because i do not have time to cheack back on it, i just have to post and go. this was SUPPOSED to be a SIN CITY thread, not a talk shit on me thread, and i looked and there WERE no other threads about this topic, so i posted one. by the way, assholw, "So when you say watching a movie two times is a lot for you, does that mean you'll usually watch the first half of a film, then fast forward through the rest?" are you fuckng stupid? that OBVIOUSLY means i usually dont watch a movie more than once. where the fuck did you get the idea that i only watch half? i watch a movie once and then am bored with it, but i watch the whole fucking movie. shit, there was NO reason for you to even THINK i watch 1/2. well, fuck you all, it's good to know there are decent people around here who actually like to talk about things and not just make fun of other people (oh, wait, that's ALL this website is)
Old 04-16-2005, 12:17 PM   #8
Solumina

Quote:
it's good to know there are decent people around here who actually like to talk about things and not just make fun of other people (oh, wait, that's ALL this website is)
That’s not true, we also talk about sex
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #9
TeapotScar

Quote:
thank oyu all for being asholes. that's very kind.
i probably too little, too late because i dont have the internet at my house, and usually when i get on the computer i have homework to do so i dont have too much time to waste on a stupid bulletin board on the internet. i have so many misspellings because i do not have time to cheack back on it, i just have to post and go. this was SUPPOSED to be a SIN CITY thread, not a talk shit on me thread, and i looked and there WERE no other threads about this topic, so i posted one. by the way, assholw, "So when you say watching a movie two times is a lot for you, does that mean you'll usually watch the first half of a film, then fast forward through the rest?" are you fuckng stupid? that OBVIOUSLY means i usually dont watch a movie more than once. where the fuck did you get the idea that i only watch half? i watch a movie once and then am bored with it, but i watch the whole fucking movie. shit, there was NO reason for you to even THINK i watch 1/2. well, fuck you all, it's good to know there are decent people around here who actually like to talk about things and not just make fun of other people (oh, wait, that's ALL this website is)
Dude, you've been on this website for over a year, and *still*, nobody here likes you... Don't you think it's time you just gave up? I mean, honestly, shouldn't you be cutting yourself while listening to Good Charlotte about now? Yeah, get on that.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Quote:
it's good to know there are decent people around here who actually like to talk about things and not just make fun of other people (oh, wait, that's ALL this website is)
HerGhostInTheFog...

1) When defending yourself, if you know that you're capacity for grammar and mechanics has come under fire, be sure to attempt to keep it SHORT and SWEET else people won't even be able to read everything you were trying to say.

2) All those short cuts that you take, they make you look like an idiot, whether you are or not I won't pass judgement on since I've been very absent-minded as of late, ignoring most of the sites that I frequent.

3) Since you lack grammatical efficiency, perhaps defending yourself at all screams of a BAD idea.

2ce=two-ce
Not twice, regardless of the typo that could result.

People who are intellectual WILL be critical of those who are not, likely in an effort to expel them from their midst, and oh will we all be overjoyed when you a) learn how to give up on the shortcuts, or b) learn that we're not going to lighten up until you do and leave.

So if you wish to be critical of the social structure that exists in an online community which you willingly subject yourself to, you might want to use your mad inductive reasoning skillz0rz to figure from this experience who is in the wrong (I'll give you a hint, it's the one that expects the world they've brought themselves into to shape around them).

On the topic, however, I loved Sin City a great deal.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #11
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Dude, you've been on this website for over a year, and *still*, nobody here likes you... Don't you think it's time you just gave up? I mean, honestly, shouldn't you be cutting yourself while listening to Good Charlotte about now? Yeah, get on that.
Go with Dashboard Confessional; that's much more emo

ie, better suited for making horizontal cuts on ones wrists that just barely scrape the surface of the skin enough to make a couple drops of blood form.

...not that I'd know anything about this... :?

Old 04-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #12
TeapotScar

Bright Eyes is pretty promising "I want to cut myself with a razor blade... preferably a Schick Venus" music.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #13
Disfunction

Quote:
Bright Eyes is pretty promising "I want to cut myself with a razor blade... preferably a Schick Venus" music.
See... all that comment did for me was put that "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, your desire" song in my head. That's not self-mutilation music... and so... I... I just can't bring myself to give more advice.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
Solumina

really...it kind of makes me want to hit myself in the head with a baseball bat
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 AM   #15
Disfunction

Quote:
really...it kind of makes me want to hit myself in the head with a baseball bat
That's because you're not a sexually frustrated male that never gets contact with the female form that isn't of a plutonic base. :shock:

Old 04-17-2005, 01:37 AM   #16
AlKilyu

Quote:
i probably too little, too late because i dont have the internet at my house, and usually when i get on the computer i have homework to do so i dont have too much time to waste on a stupid bulletin board on the internet.
Your "homework", I hope, is 5th grade grammer and spelling.

And your lack of time here is in fact your lack of an attention span. You get on here, make a thread, then dissapear for awhile. Try adding to a thread instead of cr-fuck that don't try anything here.

Quote:
Dude, you've been on this website for over a year, and *still*, nobody here likes you...
Here I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #17
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Quote:
Quote:
HerGhostInTheFog...

1) When defending yourself, if you know that you're capacity for grammar and mechanics has come under fire, be sure to attempt to keep it SHORT and SWEET else people won't even be able to read everything you were trying to say.

2) All those short cuts that you take, they make you look like an idiot, whether you are or not I won't pass judgement on since I've been very absent-minded as of late, ignoring most of the sites that I frequent.

3) Since you lack grammatical efficiency, perhaps defending yourself at all screams of a BAD idea.

2ce=two-ce
Not twice, regardless of the typo that could result.

People who are intellectual WILL be critical of those who are not, likely in an effort to expel them from their midst, and oh will we all be overjoyed when you a) learn how to give up on the shortcuts, or b) learn that we're not going to lighten up until you do and leave.

So if you wish to be critical of the social structure that exists in an online community which you willingly subject yourself to, you might want to use your mad inductive reasoning skillz0rz to figure from this experience who is in the wrong (I'll give you a hint, it's the one that expects the world they've brought themselves into to shape around them).

On the topic, however, I loved Sin City a great deal.
honestly, no-one likes me. im not surprised. this is just one place i can go where i cant see other people with friends. im sure you all have them, i just dont have to see them. i pretend you all dont have lives like myself. anyways, im sure you'll back that up with another emo joke. sure, i guess i am pretty dumb, although all i do is study, perhaps its because i save my brainpower for my homework, and when i get on here i feel like letting go because all i do when i get home is be serious and do work and use ll of my brain power on it. i suppose im trying to find a place with people who do like me.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:59 PM   #18
AlKilyu

Quote:
perhaps its because i save my brainpower for my homework
Yeah that's it. :lol:
Old 04-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #19
edible_eye

Old 04-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #20
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhira
Wow :shock: I heard it was lifted almost panel for panel form the comics by Frank Miller. That true Al?
I got the books (which are AWSOME!!!!!) and there's a lot of them in it. Some dialogue was edited out (like the bullets in the stomach of the 1st trencoat hitman speech).

All in all, an original (even if not always masterfull) way to adapt a comic book series (and a cult one at that).
Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #21
HerGhostInTheFog

i dont care whether the whole site hates me (although, i doubt thats true, im sure many dont even care.) i'll come on here when i want. it'll be fun to make you annoyed to see someone like me has come back on to post anothe stupid thread complaining about some new poinltess thing in my life or talking about a few ounces of pleasure i had in my day.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #22
Solumina

Quote:
sure, i guess i am pretty dumb, although all i do is study
You do know that studying has nothing to do with it right? By studying you can only learn facts, intelligence not how many facts you know but instead the ability to use them.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #23
MrMaelstrom

It's not the effort you put into studying, but what actually sinks that you put to use that matters.

I mean, look at me: gorgeous, sexy, cultured, intelligent, an IQ of 133 a nd emotionally barren and unemployed.

It's not what you think that matters. It's not your opinions that matter. It's not who you are that matters.

It's what you DO with all of these that matter (to us, anyway).

I talked to you before regarding your posts. You could misspell and at least go back to what you posted and look for mistakes to edit.

I rarely post without going back to correct/edit something.

It saves me face, as the chinese put it. I recommend you do the same.

Back to topic, PLEASE...
Old 04-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #24
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Quote:
sure, i guess i am pretty dumb, although all i do is study
You do know that studying has nothing to do with it right? By studying you can only learn facts, intelligence not how many facts you know but instead the ability to use them.
ya, i know, i DO realize this, i assure you, but i try to learn about everything i can so i can expand my knowledge and combine everyting i know into an opinion. (obviously, because thats what people do) i mean, a school tst has nothing to do with how intelligent a person is, and i know how many books i read has nothing to do with how smart i am, it's just the more you know, the more likely your opinions will expand and you will possibly be more accepting and open to new ideas, and the more you read and try to understand things, the quicker you understand things. oh fuck it, i know what im talking about, you know what im talking about, and i dont want to type this pointless info that people will complain about anyway
Old 04-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #25
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Quote:
Go with Dashboard Confessional; that's much more emo

ie, better suited for making horizontal cuts on ones wrists that just barely scrape the surface of the skin enough to make a couple drops of blood form.

...not that I'd know anything about this... :?
i guess i should thank you somewhat for actually taking your time to try "help" me. i swaer i used to be smarter than i am, because reading back on my posts, i realize i REALLY am not smart. i knew i was practically worthless, but i didnt realize i was THIS dumb. im rally not surprised at all that you made fun of me. i misspelled PRACTICALLY everyting. i come on here and post stupid things, and i expect respect. it's probably just becaus i used to get more respect than this on other websites i went on. (i forget what heppened to those) anyways, i'll stay on here a little longer and if my intelligence doesnt start to show i'll probably leave. one problem is i get too wrapped up in what i type, so i try to type it MUCH faster than i can and I misspell things. i need to go back and re-read, but i usually dont have time. im trying to go back to typing while looking at the screen.